Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • On one merino base layers
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Anyone bought these? They’re worryingly cheap, just wondering if there’e some sort of a catch.

mikey3
    Free Member

I,ve got one and wear it all the time,seems ok so far.

ton

they are too soft…….i like something knitted a far rougher and itchier fibre……….. 8)

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I bought one, really like it (although have very little to compare it to!) 🙂

3dpatriot
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say there cheap I would just say the others out there are worryingly expensive for what they are. On second year now with mine still great

daznal
    Free Member

Get one but go up a size as they are a snug fit

doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive bought two, the thinner one and the thicker one …had them on the last few rides and love em , think there well worth the money. 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

ton – the wife’s on with your cable knitted wrestling outfit now. The only other merino I’ve got is by swobo (it was a present by the way, as a true Yorkshireman, I come out in hives just thinking about the cost).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Decathlon do merino t-shirts for twenty pounds in a range of colours.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/techwool-fresh-id_8171823.html

Machine washable too.

I wouldn’t say there cheap I would just say the others out there are worryingly expensive for what they are.

This. Some merino stuff comes from Australia/New Zealand, and is very expensive. Other merino stuff comes from China, which is much cheaper.

Of course, the Antipodean stuff is much better oh of course it is….

BandySteve
    Free Member

Another happy customer here too. Only a few rides in so can’t comment on their durability but I’m not expecting problems.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I’ve got an on-one long sleeve merino and seems ok. Definitely keeps you warmer and doesn’t smell after a good ride. Not bad value too. Only slight negative is that it doesn’t dry quite as quick as I would have expected merino too, which is noticeable when I take off my camelbak and left with damp sweat patch.

Stoner
    Free Member

I got the pack of three – T shirt, long sleeve and 1/4 zip long.

XXL large for me, but Im full size chap. Machine wash well – no shrinking issues. Good VFM.

Wear them on rotation all year round. All I ever wear next to my skin – when it’s blowy or wet I might through on a gilet or rain jacket, that’s all. Keeps you warm enough in the pub afterwards without stinking.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

They are fine provided you follow the washing instructions. Mine did not like a 50degree wash. oops.

jimilindley
    Free Member

The thinnest ones (short sleeve or vest) are very thin, I ve got a white t shirt and it is very see through. On the smaller side too. But very good for actual base layers, but not for pub wear.

The 1/4 zip jersey is heavy weight, and come up large on me, needs taking in really

Stoner
    Free Member

Mine did not like a 50degree wash. oops

mine only ever get washed at 40 and they are fine.

birdage

As long as the wool they used has not been obtained through ‘Mulesing’. This is where the lamb has its backside scalped. There are more ethical ways to do this and hopefully On One pursue this with their suppliers? I would presume (perhaps unfairly) that as with most consumer items, the cheaper they are the less people give a damn.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup the thinnest ones are 120g and are supposed to be that super duper thin, hence why the white/cream is see-through, however they are really nice. Soft merino not itchy, wash well so far and super duper cheap.

vorlich
    Free Member

I have one, I’ve not worn it much so far, seems warm. Not that soft though, compared to my Finisterre l/s baselayer anyway.

Also, FWIW, they’re made in China.

Chocolate Fish are proper NZ Merino [but will cost accordingly]. No mulesing either.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they size odd, the thinner the tighter. I am a skinny racing snake and have a large 120grm which is a skin-tight fit (having tried a medium which was silly tight). I have a 190grm in a medium which is snug but comfortable (as in pub tight not nightclub tight 🙂 ).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

the white/cream is see-through

Woohoo! Sexy! 😀

STW wet merino top contest?

No, actually, forget that idea…. 😯

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hey you dont’ need the wet t-shirt contest it’s see-through enough as it is! But looks okay with a coloured sports bra underneath it boys 😉 (oh but only if you have a 6 pack!!)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😮

Will a Party Seven do?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘On one merino base layers’ is closed to new replies.