Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • On One Inbred 853
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

STW,
    I have been offered an inbred 853 tubed frame, however its red, not knowing a great deal about on one's, did the 853's come in red ?
    Think its got vertical dropouts but dont know for sure yet

Thought most 853's were white ?

Any advice from the massive ?

Clink

Original 853 frames were White; the newer batch ( 2 years ago) came in loads of colours.

the-muffin-man

Thought most 853's were white ?

They came in about 7 colours – mine is pink!…

bunnerscj
    Free Member

whats the retail value of a decent second hand 16" frame ?
    Are they worth much more than a DN6 tubed frame ?

Thanks

lord
    Free Member

ive got the volvo beige colour its an ace bike you wont regret it.

nuke

whats the retail value of a decent second hand 16" frame ?

They were originally the bargain price of £250…I know I have a sand coloured one bought brand new. Secondhand they've held their value well and I've seen them go for between £100 and £150 depending on condition, sometimes even more! Great frames and getting rarer but prone to chainsuck damage. Buy it, try it and, if for any reason you don't like it, flog it on…doubt you'll lose much money.

jimthesaint

About a year ago I was bidding for one on ebay. It sold for £280!

ski
    Free Member

Check for Brant's signature near the BB, some, but not all were signed by him 😉

nuke

Check for Brant's signature near the BB, some, but not all were signed by him

They were all signed but only with permanent mark which came off pretty quickly

…unless you put helicopter tape over it 😳

Andy

Just sold my volvo biscuit beige singlespeed, only because have got a 29er. Great frame, noticably nicer than the std DN6 inbred in my opinion. I also had the geared version, and they had very tight clearance between chainstay and chainring so chainsuck had quite a dramatic effect.

brant
    Free Member

The give away is lack of gussets on the head tube. Standard frames have gussets, 853 ones didn't. Nobody noticed (probably).

clubber
    Free Member

I paid £170 for mine about 18 months ago. Great frame and it's what I went for after trying lots of different, much more expensive frames.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

nice one brant, thats the conclusive proof
    cheers

RestlessNative
    Free Member

none of the black ones were signed coz his white pen didn't work…well thats the excuse he gave me 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They are lovey bikes. You can only have mine when you can pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Noticeably lighter and nicer to ride than a standard DN6, but be aware of chainsuck issues…… Do not scrimp on middle rings or modify the chainstay!

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Think I'm going to buy it and sell it on !

16" or 18" red 853 anyone 😆
    Size confirmed tomorrow 🙄

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘On One Inbred 853’ is closed to new replies.