Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • On One Fatty fork on normal 29er?
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

Any ideas how this would handle on a normal 29er (Inbred) with a 29″ wheel in? It has 55mm offset instead of 45mm on the others but I’m not sure what effect this will have?

I assume it take any 135mm rear hub?

wwaswas

they’re selling their fat not fat wheelset (fatty hubs with 29er rims) for everythign uo to a 2.4 29er chunky monkey so clearance must be ok. I’d check a-c to make sure it’s not hugely shorter, though.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

it’s the same length 470mm just 10mm more offset, not so much worried about tyre clearance just effect on handling

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got a 29″ knard waiting to go in one…..only they sold out of the buggering things before I could buy one 👿

thomthumb
    Free Member

more offset will quicken up the steering – similar to a steeper head angle.

brant
    Free Member

Spacing is 135mm but disc mount position is front hub standard.
    Rear discs hubs will work but either disc or caliper needs spacing over.

Rorschach
    Free Member

(will a knard fit?)

brant
    Free Member

Can anyone give me the dims for this Knard thing?
    Rolling radius
    Width
    Radius at max width.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

@zigzag69

thanks, mostly made sense!

bedmaker

@brant Surly tyre geo here

Am I imagining things or did I see something recently about you planning a carbon 29er in a Yelli Screamyish style?
    That would be nice.

brant
    Free Member

Am I imagining things or did I see something recently about you planning a carbon 29er in a Yelli Screamyish style?
    That would be nice.

Working on a Fireline-esque carbon model yes.

singlecrack
    Free Member

carbon 29er in a Yelli Screamyish style?

Ooh Hello …that’s got me interested …swap-able dropouts as well??

JoeG
    Free Member

On-One has a carbon fork coming for the Fatty. I’d bet that there will be a few of the original steel forks for sale when the carbon ones go up for sale!

wwaswas

I’d bet that there will be a few of the original steel forks for sale when the carbon ones go up for sale!

they’ve pretty much sold out of the first batch of carbon after putting them online yesterday 🙂

akira

Miffed, saw email for Fatty carbon but in hospital waiting for new miniAkira to be discharged so missed out. I’m guessing they didn’t keep any back for exceptional circumstances.

wwaswas

more in at the end of Feb according to their twitter feed.

akira

Email notifications set up for both colours, hoping fir stoke photos of both before then so I can decide which to go for.

tazzymtb

Knards will fit fine in steel fatty fork. Having played with custom forks and offsets for years in 29ers the 55mm offset wil play best with a 68-70 head angle. Steeper and it will be a twitchy little blighter thand will have a tendency to tuck under on tight corners. Used 55 ofset jones truss on a proto scandal and it was ace. Stoner now has it on a ti 28er on one and rates it as well so should be good with a fatty fork n inbred. I would run it half fat though as its ace!

Dan
    Free Member

need photos of the carbon fork mounted into a fatty, hopefully it looks sweet and all the lines erm line up! Was hoping for a tapered steerer to dump the pants Smoothie 1 1/8th lower headset adapter.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOOOCFAT/on-one-carbon-fatty-fork

tazzymtb

Will have pics of the black mounted into my satin black oo fatty on monday. Forks are lush although clearance is a wee bit tight with a bud..would be fine with a nate

singlespeedstu

tazz.
    Can you do some pictures of the clearance with a Bud mounted on a Rolling D please?

tazzymtb

Yep will do tomorrow for you stu…can you mail me re your sheepie post as well please sexypants x

singlespeedstu

Sorry mate i forgot about that taty old cheapo post that i was going to send down the tip. 😳

singlespeedstu

Pics then tazz?

tazzymtb

loads of room stu

singlespeedstu

Ta.
    They 80mm rims?

tazzymtb

70’s

singlespeedstu

Could you measure the tyre at the widest point for me please?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘On One Fatty fork on normal 29er?’ is closed to new replies.