Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • on-one carbon
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

No thanks!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well thats a bit steep considering they are aiming to release the on-one carbon for £500 later this year anyway 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

How odd, and that probably is virtually identical to the eBay frames that go for £200!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its a pre-production model I would guess – from Kinesis Taiwan probably 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Of course it is! The final ones won't be any different, they'll just have stickers!

foxyrider
    Free Member

The final ones won't be any different

Your sure they are idential njee – do you work for on-one then? 😉

richc
    Free Member

personally I would wait, if it was cheap then I might be tempted but not at the RRP

njee20
    Free Member

That's going to be a largely 'off the shelf' carbon frame like thousands being churned out of the factories in China, I'm not saying there's not a few unique features, but it's largely a catalogue bike, as the final ones will be!

M6TTF
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    How odd, and that probably is virtually identical to the eBay frames that go for £200!

have you looked recently? The 200 quid frames are closer to 450 by the time you've got them over here

nickc

njee20, out of curiosity, how's that carbon frame you bought? any thoughts?

njee20
    Free Member

Love it so far! Only been out a couple of times, but it's comfortable, light, geometry's nice.

The 200 quid frames are closer to 450 by the time you've got them over here

You need to look harder, I got mine just before Christmas and it was under £200, slightly over with shipping IIRC. Admittedly they've gone up slightly, but not to £450!

Leku
    Free Member

the new Ti On One?

hora
    Free Member

No thanks. Its got to be a final production-ready sample otherwise you are asking for trouble selling a sample like that off.

the new Ti On One?

That looks seriously cheap. Like a noddy frame off of Ebay.

nickc

but it's comfortable, light, geometry's nice.

"Pingy" about light, or nicely "flicky"..? Quite tempted by the LT carbon on one, but one of things I love about the Cham is how planted if feels, would hate to trade that in for nervousness…

hora
    Free Member

Chameleon rules. If it doesnt beat you up- its a winner.

nickc

Aye they do, but if I could get the same thing, but lighter…Happy days

vinnyeh

Are those hose guides on the non drive chainstay of the ti Whippet sample?

Leku, that's not the new Ti frame either- it's got a Lynskey sticker on the seat tube.

njee20
    Free Member

"Pingy" about light, or nicely "flicky"..?

It's more in the XC race camp, I think it would come as a very stark contrast to a Chameleon. They're designed around 100mm forks, and weigh <3lbs, so more twitchy in the handling than something designed around more travel.

nickc

Yep, cool, good point.

Oh dear, I'm just going to have to test one, when they come out… 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Think the On-One would be a better bet for you than an eBay job certainly, they do look to satisfy a certain niche!

ski
    Free Member

Leku, that frame looks like its got bolt on drop outs?

thepodge
    Free Member

the new Ti On One?

I think thats the whippet. if i remember correct, two were sent over and Stevo built one up

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘on-one carbon’ is closed to new replies.