Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • on one 456
  • outby
    Free Member

looking to build up a long travel hard tail and found on one 456 frames for £149.99 new on ebay. any body got one? any good or better going for a soul etc. any help on this matter will be appreciated.

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Yes they're good, get one. Search the forum and you'll see dozens.

mboy
    Free Member

Same price direct from On One themselves…

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO456/on-one-456-frame

outby
    Free Member

cheer! may go for it then

grumm
    Free Member

I've got the 456 Summer Season version and I really like it. Can't go wrong really for the price.

monkfish
    Free Member

had both, retained the 456.

Very similar IMO although the riding style on the 456 is slightly more relaxed. I'd say the difference in cost exceeds the difference in frames.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Never ceases to amaze me how Ebay is often more expensive for something secondhand than brand new from Original stockist! Never bought anything from Ebay and never will. Paypal security sucks and descriptions and products are so often dodgy ie stolen.

Go for the 456 from On One direct, great service and backup, great Bike. I have a 20' frame 6ft 4' does everything I want it to do and more. It's a better bike than I am a rider.

yunki
    Free Member

an impatient friend of mine last week couldn't get an 18" 456 in pink from on-one after phoning them… none in stock for at least six weeks.. so he bought one of the frames advertised on ebay as brand new and at the same price as the on-one website….
    Imagine his surprise when it was delivered….. direct from Planet-X (aka on-one)..

the only difference being some slight marking to the paintwork..
    strange but true..

edit: he's very very happy with it FWIW… and I am very happy with mine.. great do-it-all go anywhere frame at a very reasonable price that can be built up how you like..

I won't be needing any other bike for a long time..

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i had one and liked it.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I have an On One 456 Summer Season…….love it, its all i ride now. So much so i sold my full suss the other week.

Like you say you get to put on what you want during the build making it quite uniques . Nice experience doing it too.

Simon

yunki – Member
    an impatient friend of mine last week couldn't get an 18" 456 in pink from on-one after phoning them… none in stock for at least six weeks.. so he bought one of the frames advertised on ebay as brand new and at the same price as the on-one website….
    Imagine his surprise when it was delivered….. direct from Planet-X (aka on-one)..

I think the Ebay user name gives it away slightly, and in the blurb further down the listing it states clearly that they are On-One/Planet X.

Northwind

456 is always a safe bet, reason being they're not expensive and they resell (if in good nick) for ridiculously high amounts, so at worst you're likely to lose out maybe £30 or so. Really nice frames IMO, nothing too clever, just solid allrounders.

"Never ceases to amaze me how Ebay is often more expensive for something secondhand than brand new from Original stockist! Never bought anything from Ebay and never will. Paypal security sucks and descriptions and products are so often dodgy ie stolen."

He's looking at On One's ebay shop so I doubt it's stolen :mrgreen:

Kato

I had 3 and liked them all

buy buy buy

Suggsey
    Free Member

I bought one and also have just sold my full suss as I ride the on one in preference and the full suss was just sat redundant.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘on one 456’ is closed to new replies.