Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)
  • On my road bike ride today, i came across a bad accident
  • BenjiM

The accident was on the front page of the Longridge News today. One of the guys was Nick Cowell (my Fiances parents next door neighbour who we all know quite well)He was basically in the wrong place at the wrong time. The rider of the Black Kawasaki was overtaking a car over a crest and Nick was in a hidden dip. They were both killed instantly. Police are appealing for any witnesses or people with more information should contact Traffic Sergeant Matt Knowles on 0845 6060247 quoting 121 000 82755. It'll probably be online within a day or so on the Longridge news website.

Northwind

Grum wrote- "Most people I know who drive have never had a crash that didn't involve another road user – whereas you just crashed because you were riding beyond your abilities. "

Nonsense. When my dad reversed into the garage door was he driving dangerously fast and beyond his abilities? There are plenty of reasons people crash other than simply running out of skill.

CountZero

Benji, that's really sad, a terrible thing for the families concerned.
    If I had the spare money, I'd love a bike, but there would be a worry in the back of my mind about decking it due to the terrible road conditions around where I live, and other road users doing stupid things.
    The rider I mentioned who was hit by the Alpha is actually my brother, and he has no memory at all of the accident, so he has no issues with getting back on a bike. His only problem now is that his shoulder injury means he can't ride a bike like his late Bandit 1200, because he can't support his weight on the bars, so the replacement will have to be more of a cruiser type. Doesn't make Mum feel any better about him riding again, tho'.

grumm
    Free Member

Nonsense. When my dad reversed into the garage door was he driving dangerously fast and beyond his abilities?

Did he do it four times?

Northwind

Did Peter Poddy crash the exact same way 4 times?

Inbred456
    Free Member

A family friend is in the Freeman Hospital at the moment waiting for a Heart transplant. It's sad but true that the inference is that when the weather picks up the chances of a healthy heart coming in from a donor increases dramatically. IE Motorbike Crashes. If my Son ever comes home with a motorbike I'll save him the bother and smash it up before he can use it!

mrchrispy

we should all take a moment to thank the bikers that saved the life of someone who needed a transplant of some sort.

As for the idiots that blasted past within about a meter of me while I was humping it up Rivington last Sunday. fvckyou…fvckyou very much. ****

scruzer
    Free Member

Anybody care about the speed limits on our roads, cos everyone seems to have forgotten them here? I think they might be there for a good reason, but I could be wrong… What would the road safety situation be like if they were all adhered to?

macelec
    Free Member

Nick Cowell who died in this tragic accident is my brother. He loved his family and he was passionate about his bike, as he had been for 23 years of riding.
    I never liked him riding them, but you couldn't tell him not too.
    I would urge all riders to think about their loved ones who are left without a Dad, a Husband, a Son, a Brother or simply a great friend when things go wrong. And sometimes, as in Nicks case, things go wrong that are not your fault.
    IS THE THRILL OF THE RIDE REALLY WORTH IT????!!!!

daveh
    Free Member

IS THE THRILL OF THE RIDE REALLY WORTH IT????!!!!

I've come round to the opinion that its not, this weekend is my last horrah, I'm off to the TT hopefully to have a pleasant weekend, when I return the Bandit will be polished, buffed and up for sale. I've enjoyed my time with it, don't regret for a moment passing my test and buying the bike, and you never know, I may come back to it later in life. For now its time to heed the warnings (head shakes, inability to resist speed etc) and pack it up. For those who are passionate about motorcycles, ride safe and remember its sometimes the actions of others that mean you pay the price.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mac – terrible news

yetiguy
    Free Member

Mac – My condolences

Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘On my road bike ride today, i came across a bad accident’ is closed to new replies.