Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • on my commute in this morning
  • pjt201
    Free Member

i asked a fellow person waiting in the ASL at the traffic lights where he got his audi a4 avant shaped bike from and all he gave me was a torrent of abuse. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question! He then also went straight on from a left turn only lane to overtake about 8 cars at the next lights, seems like a charming gentleman, i assume he was on his way to watch his wife give birth or something similarly important.

flamejob
    Free Member

lol… what is an ASL?

I assume a cycle lane?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Advanced Stop Line. they are easy to spot, they are at traffic lights, have a bike painted on the road and a Bus stopped on top of it

Surfr
    Free Member

17/F/Bali usually more like (45/M/Coventry)

MrAgreeable

You need to start cycling in with your mallet, and next time you see someone committing an annoying traffic infraction don't say anything, just whack it meaningfully against the palm of your hand while staring hard at them.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

There's no use complaining, car drivers don't ever get it. I once asked a man with his window down why he stopped at the ASL which is there to make traffic lights safer for cyclists. His son, maybe 8 years old, was sat beside him.

He just ignored me, stared straight ahead, head rigid. I asked again and his son looked questioning up to his father, but the man kept looking ahead. Then, in true comic fashion, there was a 'bzzzzz' and his window slid shut.

pjt201
    Free Member

I wasn't complaining, i've given up on that a long time ago. Made riding my bike more angry than fun. I now have a bemused grin on my face when riding in traffic normally pondering what the great hurry that every one seems to be in is for, especially since i can normally beat most cars up the 1.5 mile stretch of gloucester road i ride up on my way home.

Was just in an odd mood this morning and thought i'd ask the chap a polite question!

Hmm, maybe the mallet wielding is a good idea. It needs nails through the head to work really though, which could prove dangerous down at the deaner.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

ptj201, I wasn't chastising you for complaining, don't worry. I share your bemused frustration at motorists inability to behave safely, considerately and humanely. But then, I'm all for an underground car destruction army…

MrNutt
    Free Member

brush up on your trials skills and wait for the lights to change on his bonnet?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If there isn't really anyone around to see you do this (apart from the car driver)

Ride to front of car.
    Dismount.
    Lay bike on road just infront of car.
    Spin rear wheel for effect.
    Lay down in a 'sprawled over the road style' next to bike.
    Scream loudly and wait for others to appear.
    Claim the person invading the ASL has infact knocked you off your bike.

May want to check for CCTV cameras before you do this though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘on my commute in this morning’ is closed to new replies.