• This topic has 108 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ski.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Olympic Tickets – Have you had a payment taken yet?
  • ski
    Free Member

I know its early days, but nothing yet taken from my account? 🙁

Just curious to see if anyone has managed to get everything they asked for?

Good luck to everyone btw.

clubber
    Free Member
    crispo
    Free Member

Nothing here yet.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Haven’t checked yet

toby1

If you’d written that charging app you’d be running a few transactions through then double checking all the transaction files before you just switched it on to let it go crazy, so I expect a very slow roll out with the charging given they have opted for a month long window to process it all!

thebunk

toby1 agreed(+1). I’ll be very impressed if it all works – seems like a very complicated system to write.

fingers x’ed that we get all our tickets (except for the speed canoeing that we applied for by mistake…)

ski
    Free Member

Thank’s toby1 for the insight

So chances are we couild all be in for a long nail biting wait, hardest thing for me is going to keep enought funds in the account for the payment to clear 😉

There was someone on the radio bragging that he got his complete order of tickets though (£400), which included the opening and cycle track tickets.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just had a look at my account – nothing paid out to any Olympic related stuff

thebunk

Anyone got tickets yet then? Still waiting here…

footflaps

nothing deducted yet…

5lab

not here.

its interesting re: the 100m final. they say 1m tickets, but if you think about it, the average request will be at least 2 tickets, and there’s 50,000 seats (or thereabouts) meaning your chance of getting some is 1 in 10. Sure, that’s not great, but i’ve subscribed to things with much lower odds before

Ewan
    Free Member

I imagine the majority went for the 20 quid tickets of which there will be a lot less than 50k.

richmars

and there’s 50,000 seats (or thereabouts)

Not when you take out seats for sponsers, govt and press.

nickjb
    Free Member

80,000 seats, 40,000 for sponsors 40,000 for us according to Seb

ski
    Free Member

Still nothing here too, saying that, I don’t know anyone yet who has had a payment taken?

When did they say they would stop putting the payments through?

5lab

so apparently 60% are now done. Nothing on my end – anyone else? How much was taken vs your maximum figure?

scaredypants

I’ve had mine taken

comes up as O2 on the statement – several issues of tickets here already, each for a bit less than I was expecting too. Woohoo !!

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Nothing taken here either 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

Must check my CC balance. Hope we get something, even if it’s rowing or archery…

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Nothing yet…..

crispo
    Free Member

Nope nothing here yet either, i’m hoping to see some money come out (hopefully not all though!!) 😆

thebunk

Nothing when I checked last night. 🙁

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

Scaredypants – sorry if I’m missing something, but why does it show up as 02?

I had the same but have reported it as a fraudulent transaction.

scaredypants

soz, just being juvenile 😳
    (you’re right, classic fraudulent transaction)

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

Cool. I thought so. Just checking.

ski
    Free Member

So does anyone know of anyone who has been charged for tickets yet?

Everyone I know who has put in for the lottery is still waiting too?

What I am curious about is, did the people who got their payments taken first, get everything they ordered or just part?

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Nothing taken out of my account yet, wish I just ordered from Europe we pay taxes towards the Olympics then have to go in a ballot. I really hope I get nothing If I did of know the hassle from the start I would not of bothered.

Markie
    Free Member

Nothing here yet 🙁

grantway
    Free Member

Zero interested and its only 1 mile away

mossimus
    Free Member

Had a small amount charged today, this would imply I have only been succesful in getting tickets in 1/10 events I applied for or are they charging one event at a time, anyone know?

xander
    Free Member

Looks like I had a small amount charged today too, also suggesting that <10% of my (reasonably chunky) application was successful. Maybe it’s an initial payment, but if that’s it, I’m a tad disappointed/ underwhelmed…

Better than nowt though. Probably find it’s something else and my wife has been ordering more Boden stuff for the kids (tho’ she denies it!).

5lab

so, apparently 2012 ticket payments are completing on tues. I’ve no sign of anything going out of my account, which i’m pretty surprised by as I had a load of tickets for a load of random events. Whats the score with you lot?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Payment went out for me today.

toby1

Some people around my office have been billed – I haven’t 🙁

ski
    Free Member

Nothing yet for me!

I only know of one person who had a charge go through
    (yesterday, 2 tickets from 32 he ordered, now he has to pick which of his family of 4 will get the 2 tickets!)

clubber
    Free Member

Nothing yet for me…

footflaps

Nothing 🙁

thebunk

Had a small amount taken out. Don’t think we got BMX or MTBing… 😥

crispo
    Free Member

Nothing at all, still holding onto hope that there will be loads going through today before midnight.

ski
    Free Member

What are the chances that the ones that are going through today are all for one or two tickets only?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Tickets – Have you had a payment taken yet?’ is closed to new replies.