• This topic has 108 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ski.
Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Olympic Tickets – Have you had a payment taken yet?
  • superfli
    Free Member

I was hoping I could take my son on his 4th birthday to the MTB event, but alas no tickets 🙁 . Also failed to get my other events.
    My mate also failed and so did my brother. As yet, I dont know anyone who has been successful? (4 families so far)

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The more stories I hear about people not getting tickets the luckier I feel. We only applied for the Men’s MTB (upper price bracket) and Men’s 100m final night. I knew that it would be doubtful for the 100m final, but really glad we have the MTB tickets as thats the one I want to see most – obviously.

Also planning on going to watch the road race and marathon. Maybe the Triathlon if that is free to watch as well?

xander
    Free Member

Seems to be a similar story for many. Applied for £2.3k worth for a family of 5, lots of different stuff, nothing too ambitious, but 3 sets of £95 track tickets, plus some family priced event. Got £228 worth, not sure what yet. Seems like 10% of your order is par for the course, with lots of people ordering £500 or less getting nothing. Dumb system, whereby lots of people have lost out. Real shame.

What gets me is they can take your money but not tell you what it’s for!? Every other e-commerce operation on the planet can manage this!! Even CRC! 😉

Zoolander
    Free Member

Applied for two £20 Womens mtb and two £45 men’s mtb tickets. Looks like we’ve got the men’s but not the Womens. Have to say I’m quite pleased with that as I only went for the Womens as I thought we may not get the men’s tickets.
    Will probably go and watch the road ride as a freebie as well mind 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

Right. My earlier comment was a bit previous as we have won £146 worth of tickets. Since £6 is postage, that means we didn’t get any of the £3 general admittance child’s tickets which means no women’s mtb for me which I’m sorry about.

Can’t quite remember what values we put for which sports, but please don’t let our haul be two £70 tickets for the rowing…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I put in for about £4000 worth and think i’ve “only” got the BMX final. Will enjoy that but going to be a alot of expense with travelling and accomodation just for the one event at about £20!…unfortunately the road race and the bmx finals are over a week apart so i wont be able to see both.

crispo
    Free Member

Im happy for anyone that got tickets, i think its a great chance to see something that doesnt happen very often in this country.

I do however feel the way the organisers went about selling the tickets wasnt exactly the fairest way. Plus a lot of what they have said has been very mis-leading.

phiiiiil

After applying for three events we didn’t get any… 🙁

I get the impression because of the way they’ve done it lots of people applied for looooads of events to make sure they’d get some; presumably this means lots of events will end up being watched by people who don’t particularly care about it, that’s just the tickets they ended up with…

ajc
    Free Member

Bid for over a grands worth and only got 2 tickets for rowing at £30 each. Seems a fairly typical story. Road race passes only a couple of miles away so at least that will be easy.

northernatheart
    Free Member

Found out this morning have tickets for either boxing or rowing finals. No cycling at all, given the mtb was an open air field was a little disappointed

stealthcat

Looks as though I got all the tickets I applied for… 2 each for men’s and women’s MTB. Given that the BBC was saying the women’s MTB wasn’t fully subscribed, I’m surprised if people applied for that and didn’t get it, but maybe one price band of tickets has sold out.

grum
    Free Member

Apparently on websites in other EU countries you can just buy tickets for the events you want, no lottery system. 😯

Markie
    Free Member

Apparently on websites in other EU countries you can just buy tickets for the events you want, no lottery system.

I saw an article or two about this as well – also, because of EU regulations they have to sell tickets to UK citizens… I wish I’d known before we jumped into the lottery!

fbk
    Free Member

As with others, I bid for just over a grands worth and ended up with 2 rowing tickets (my “at least I’ll get these if nothing else” option). Oh well 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

What’s all this shite about Olympics?

S_J
    Free Member

I Only applied for four tickets for the family for the Men’s MTB and it looks like I’ve got them all. I’m surprised to hear that people have missed out on MTB tickets as I was pretty relaxed about getting these. As a ‘lesser’ event I thought it was a bit of a banker but seems like I’ve underestimated the demand!

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

We applied for around £2k worth of tickets (family of 4) hoping we would at least get some of them. Looks like we got 1 hockey session. Disappointed in some ways as either the cycling or athletics would have been great to be there to sample the atmosphere but also quietly relieved as it means I have saved £1900 and will get a better view of many of those sports on tele. Will also geta proper summer holiday next year now as well so not so bad after all.

Spud

Summer holiday during the Games, I’ll be lucky! Humph! And no bloody tickets!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Do you reckon they’ll let me paddle around Portland on my longboard and watch the sailing for free?

njee20
    Free Member

The more stories I hear about people not getting tickets the luckier I feel.

+1

We’ve got £90 of tickets, either men’s hockey final, or mens MTB, hoping the latter! Applied for pairs of tickets to 4 events, so not done too badly.

Frankly I’m surprised how few people have got things, I thought it’d be far less well subscribed.

It’s all a bit pants really. Would’ve preferred a ‘first come, first served’ system, as long as they could’ve got the infrastructure to support it.

crispo
    Free Member

It’s all a bit pants really. Would’ve preferred a ‘first come, first served’ system, as long as they could’ve got the infrastructure to support it.

+1

As its ended up it has been a completely biased system.

xcgb
    Free Member

Do you reckon they’ll let me paddle around Portland on my longboard and watch the sailing for free?

I cant see how they can stop you, although they are closing the footpaths on the cliffs!

njee20
    Free Member

Does anyone know how tickets were awarded, was preference given according to the number you ordered, ie were you just as likely to get one ticket for every event, or did they try to award more than one?

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Applied for mens MTB, football final, couple of velodrome sessions, Taekwondo finals and chanced arm for opening and closing ceremonies and the athletics. Got nothing which was a little bit of a kick in the balls as really wanted to see the MTB.

Went on Dertour (the official german olympic ticket reseller that have upset all the uk tabloids) and bought two of the cheapest Taekwondo finals tickets, its about a 25% markup when you factor in their charges and postage and I’d have rather had cycling but in any event its a ‘once in a lifetime’ so seemed worth it. Any EU reseller has to sell to any EU citizen so as long as its a kosher olympic reseller (you can check on the 2012 site) you can theoretically use it. Think the french general sale starts in late june so may yet get an MTB ticket.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Don’t really get how I’ve ended up with nothing, applied for up to £1400 over the whole time, for 1-5 different people across events from blue riband to morning qualifiers in stuff no-ones heard of, mens mtb for both price cats (how can they limit standing around in a field to a small size?!) and womens MTB which is one of the ones they’re saying has loads of tickets left! Pretty bemused, may have to look into the EU ticket thing…

S_J
    Free Member
    TPTcruiser

Money for football at Coventry taken out of my account by the look of things. Two games for £20, for a family of four, great value.
    Anyone know if the money is taken out in one lump or just when they are allocated? Otherwise looks like we missed out on BMX qualifiers at the Olympic park, I thought going up in price from the cheapest was a reasonable tactic.

5lab

what’s gone is what you have – nothing more will be coming out. Apparently 40% of applicants were unsuccessful in getting any tickets. BMX is sold out

ski
    Free Member

2nd Chance

Just had the email offering sloppy seconds…….

Anyone who missed out on the first round lottery, going to bother?

Welll its been neatly set out as well, you have to wade through all the events & search pdf’s for tickets that have not been sold!

Why not just list the darn tickets that are still up for grabs?

mini rant over 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Tickets – Have you had a payment taken yet?’ is closed to new replies.