Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olympic MTB Course – WALKING Tour
  • readikus

I just got an email from the excellent people who organise the Mud, Sweat and Gears MTB race series in East Anglia. They have been pestering the Olympics people for years to be able to host an amateur event on the Olympic course. Whatever your view on the course, the chance to ride (or race) on it would be special, simply for the historical value of it.

However, the Essex Legacy Team have now given people an AMAZING opportunity – they are going to have a special event to let people…WALK…the course. How insulting. It’s like a friend getting a Bentley and saying “want to come and look at it? You can’t go inside it, but you can come and look at it in my drive.”

Anyone fancy a cheeky night ride of the course?

njee20
    Free Member

Your average punter would probably leave most of their face behind, IMO it’s not really appropriate for a ‘local’ race.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Permission to walk on MTB race track = permission to ride on footpaths?

readikus

I like your logic 🙂

antigee

i presume that there will be some legacy dog poo then

takisawa2

The fact its in Essex is insult enough.

chorlton
    Free Member

XC racers will be walking some of it anyway. 😉

ampthill

XC racers will be walking some of it anyway.

This may well be true. I can see that a race may not be appropiate on the course.

But plenty of trail centres have potentially dangerous features Dalbeattie springs to mind or more local to me Chicksands.

Here we have the refreshing attitude that you are advised to have appropiate equipment and are warned by signs of obsticals.

Why not have the same arrangments for the olpympic course?

epicyclo

Is this an admission it’s really just a walking track?

😈

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Olympic MTB Course – WALKING Tour’ is closed to new replies.