Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Olympic MTB Course Legacy – Public Consultation (Have your say!)
  • Country_Gent
    Free Member

Now I know that the choice of Hadleigh in Essex has been discussed at great length on this forum but I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the Olympic Organising Committee along with Essex County Council are holding a public consultation to determine what sort of legacy should be left after the games.

This is our chance as an MTB community to make sure our voice is heard and that the best quality facility possible is left after the games.

Even if you don’t live in the area but fancy coming to have a go on the course after reading the reports of the test event please log on and complete the survey. Every voice in support of cycling in this area helps.

Thanks

http://www.essexlegacy.org/be-part-of-it/legacy-consultation/

thepurist

Done – it’s not far from my parents so could make a nice detour before Sunday lunch.

retro83
    Free Member

Done, thanks.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Forgot to mention – survey closes on the 30th of Sept

packer
    Free Member

Doh! Ignore me.

timmys

Done.

It’s worth filling in even if you are not local as you can make it clear you would travel there to use it. I also pointed out if they dumb the course down then no one will bother taking the time to visit it.

bigdawg
    Free Member

Done – would like to see it used as part of the local series – re dumming the course down personally it needs to be if its not there will be numerous accidents – The rock drop off is def not for the feint of heart…

timmys

Done – would like to see it used as part of the local series – re dumming the course down personally it needs to be if its not there will be numerous accidents – The rock drop off is def not for the feint of heart…

I thought all the tricky bits had at least one, if not two, alternative routes already?

Country_Gent
    Free Member

There are opt-out routes however they aren’t really designed for much traffic……. especially not the one beside the “Leap of Faith”.

Course does undoubtedly need some mods to make it suitable for weekend warriors but they need to keep the tech elements to justify the effort to get there

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Unashamed bump 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Olympic MTB Course Legacy – Public Consultation (Have your say!)’ is closed to new replies.