Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Old(ish) Vinyl
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

On a similar vein to another thread….
    I've a stack of vinyl, mainly led zep et al, and looking at raising funds, is there even market for it anymore, and where is the best place to sell it? Don't own a deck anymore, and own almost all of them on cd anyway so won't miss them.
    Also have a stack of 90's rock 7"s, mainly picture discs, bit probably less likely to sell those.

sadexpunk

im selling all mine on thursday hopefully to chappy from local record shop. been thinking about it for ages but finally realised ill never play them again. took a while to list it all on an excel sheet, so it might be worth doing that in case anyone asks what you got?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

True, you're close to me sadexpunk, do you mind if I ask which shop?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sadexpunk

aye matey, if you know lincoln, its a place in the mini-market up top end of town. called 'back to mono' and run by a bloke called jim.

phone no is 01522 537988. worth giving him a ring and seeing if you got owt to interest him id say 🙂

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Don't sell 'em, you'll regret it later !

sadexpunk

when??? 🙂

cant see it unless they rise in value steeply and id have sold too soon. certainly wont play em again. thought id have the odd 'sad sesh' and play em some evenings but reality kicked in and i realise i can get owt i need online and ipod etc etc 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

Don't sell 'em, you'll regret it later !

plus you'll get **** all for them

sadexpunk

few hundred quid. ok wont last long, but its better than letting them sit there unused, just for sentimental reasons.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

All my older stuff I bought off my dad for about £100 a few years ago, and doubt I'll see that much for them now. Like I said, have them on cd/iPod so won't miss them.
    The 7's are another matter, lots of idlewild, green day, blink 182, groop dogdrill, and loads of niche Indy/rock bands, mostly picture discs, my musical history of the mid-late 90s. Don't even own a deck anymore though.

darrell
    Free Member

sold all mine about 5 years ago. The dealer wanted to cheery pick but i did a deal and he took all of them and I got 2 quid for each one. I was happy with this deal. Hadnt played any vinyl for years and was never likely to.

Ed2001
    Free Member

I've just finished selling my collection on e bay 70s and 80s stuff and have made about 5x!!! ( no really) what I was offered by a record shop and that was his best offer after a lot of haggling his first price was stupid. Find out how much something is worth (discogs is good for this)then put a buy it now price on the LPs and wait for the sales.Posting can be a pain but you definitely will make a lot more cash (even with paypal and e bay fees )than going to a dealer and you will be amazed what sells, I was.

j_me
    Free Member

Check out this site and work out whether its worth selling privately or offloading as a job lot.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ed, do you just use the prices other are selling for on discogs as a guide then?
    How did you post yours, did you buy cardboard cases?

Sam

Swift – please let me know what zep you have for sale – would be very interested. We could even do part-ex on another Swift 😉

sadexpunk

hmmm……id say theres a good chance i maybe could get more, but itd be a hell of a lot of faffing really. selling stuff seperately, buying card and parcel paper for posting each record, having plenty left over that doesnt sell….. :-/

and im not sure that the records dont have to be in real good nick too. (certainly do at eil.com.) some of mine are well worn, and id rather not have angry buyers coming back at me saying such and such a record jumps for instance.

nah, just let matey give em the once over and a lump sum sold as seen and ill be happy with that 🙂

sadexpunk

hey sam!!! you want to buy a load of old punk stuff in part ex for a pegasus??? 😉

grumm
    Free Member

For them to be worth anything at all, they need to be in very good nick. Make up job lots of 50-100 of vaguely similar stuff and stick them on ebay.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Hi there,

+1 selling on ebay, my mate sold a massive amount of 7" & 12" vinyl, financed his trip to USA.

You can buy strengthened cardboard sleeves for the discs, factor these into costs and open sales upto

worldwide, big buyers from USA, Japan and Scandanavia.

Do your research.

Matt.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Sam, just going through it all, but have found led zep 1, 2, 4, houses of the holy, physical graffiti, the song remains insane, and a Robert plant album, shaken n stirred.
    Although I'd only class the sleeves as average( with the exception of physical graffiti, the ace slip case with all the windows, that's a1), the discs all look great. Any good to you?

Ed2001
    Free Member

e mailed u swift.

Sam

Swift, yes please. £30 an indecent offer on all the zep?

old punk stuff in part ex for a pegasus???

Sorry Dave – but I'll pass.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

If you're happy that's a decent offer, then I'm happy to accept it Sam, mail me and we'll sort it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Old(ish) Vinyl’ is closed to new replies.