Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Older Lyrik/Totem compression damper modification
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I make no claims for credit or originality, I found the link to this buried in a recent thread about lyriks, but its such a simple and effective mod it deserves highlighting. If you dont use the floodgate feature, removing it improves the small bump sensitivity and plushness of the fork. It takes a couple of minutes and is reversible.

Couple of points:

SRAM say dont use PTFE tape.
    If youre going to do it take the opportunity to change the damper oil rather than syringing out old stuff so you dont lose it. For older forks its 112ml of 5wt, which is an oil level with damper removed and fork fully compressed of 73mm below the top of the stanchion/crown.

SRAM seem to have made similar mods in the newer DH damper by all accounts.

http://mikelevy.pinkbike.com/blog/tech-tues-lyric-mod.html

Northwind

I like that about SRAM, they took the time out to respond to it. I’ve done this on my own and it’s a nice tweak, don’t often miss the floodgate and there’s a small but noticable difference. And totally reversible of course.

LoCo
    Free Member

Does make them fell that little bit nicer, you can tune the Moco’s on the lower level models too which gets them working alot better too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LoCo, is it the same mod for MC forks?

sv

you can tune the Moco’s on the lower level models too which gets them working alot better too.

What can you mod? Trade secret I suppose 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Peter, No, but a cheaper option for tuning rather than upgrading to the MiCo damper assm.

SV no just a shim stack rebuild.

sv

I also have a slight knocking on a set of Air Revs, when they rebound back to full extension. Maybe a seal service would sort it?

LoCo
    Free Member

Top out knock? more likely a damper or spring assm. issue.

sv

Great!

LoCo
    Free Member

pop them open and re grease and re oil will prob. quieten them down is it audible or can you feel it too?

As long as they don’t rattle when you shake them it shouldn’t be anything broken.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Older Lyrik/Totem compression damper modification’ is closed to new replies.