Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Old skool DH vid
  • psychle
    Free Member

Probably been done before, but if not… Saw this today, thought I’d share 🙂

Enjoy the outfits and state-of-the-art bikes (for their day)

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-32KVUU3OU[/video]

fervouredimage
    Free Member

In a similar vein this was posted up today too. Thought it was pretty good –

Blackout – 10th Anniversary

gatsby
    Free Member

Skillz have come on a long way! Seriously, they were struggling down some simple steps that most people would have no problem riding on a rigid.

I think brakes make the biggest difference, none looked remotely in control on that first descent, even though there was nothing particularly challenging about it.

And discs? Glad that fad didn’t stick!

G

bigblackshed

That gave me a chuckle.

No brakes, steep angles, and sky high seats. Doesn’t inspire much confidence. The first descent is steeper and faster than it looks. But still?

Bagstard
    Free Member

To be fair nothing looks that steep or tech on video, especially old footage. Some spectacular crashes, outfits and hissy fits!

deviant
    Free Member

Loving the early 90s rave/techno soundtrack!

But seriously, those bikes were awful. The geometry was frightening, the brakes seem non existent.

Someone in here asked if they went back 20yrs with a Santa-Cruz V10 would they win a world level DH event?… looking at that video I’d have to say yes, the riding was terrible!

That said, I watched the Cap D’Ail one that was posted recently too and that course looks fairly technical even by today’s standards so maybe the riders weren’t so bad and this video today is just a bad example!

sandwicheater

As spectator, that would have been ace.

Trimix
    Free Member

I do wonder why the just didn’t drop the saddle !

brant
    Free Member

I think they were just not very good riders.
    (Go to 2min 30, for example).

People didn’t drop saddles so much as there was so much pedalling and courses were much longer.

[video]http://youtu.be/EG0YGex_OWo?t=2m30s[/video]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Old skool DH vid’ is closed to new replies.