Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Old School Camera Shots (very pic heavy thread!)
  • sockpuppet

he couldnt ride due to a minor mechanical (see if you can spot what it was in the pic)

is it me or is he missing a pedal

in addition to a bad case of chainius froggimus

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, cheers, Stumpy! I haddunt actually considered that I ought to pay for someone’s artwork! Feel a bit of a shyster, now! Just thought ‘ah, that would look nice up on a wall, that’.

Yeah, I spose it’s a bit cheeky to ask for a freebie! I can donate something to a charity for you though. I’d be happy to do that. Or even a swapsie, for one of mine!

An electronic version would be fine; I have a nice Epson printer here. I’d only be printing it up smallish, actually. About 8″ or so wide.

My email is rudeboyATvirginDOTnet.

GrahamS

For the most part my own photography is characterised by a complete lack of imagination – I just record what I see – and no input is required from me other than an attempt to be faithful to nature

Sometimes that is more successful than others:

Personally I would have been too embarrassed to have posted these on a public website. 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s a lovely pic, SFB.

stumpy01

HA HA! Don’t be silly. It’s no problem to send you over the file gratis.

I have only recently considered selling my stuff to be honest. I printed out a load of pics a while ago and stuck them all in a book so I can actually look at them without having to boot up the ‘pooter.
    Friends and relatives kept saying that I should try to sell them at markets and whatever and it got me thinking…..

Now whenever I am out and about, I always look at pictures that people are selling to gauge how ‘good’ mine are in comparison and how much people are paying for them.
    I have seen some pretty bland pictures out there in cheap mounts going for £25+; some a lot more. Only the other day I saw an OK pic of a couple of lillies in a frame for sale in a coffee shop for £150!!!!

Just got me thinking that surely it would be nice to make some money on the side, while enjoying a bit of photography. I like the idea of selling something I have made, that someone else can then enjoy.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread a bit MrNutt……I reckon you should carry on in the same manner that you are with regards to your film pics. As someone mentioned earlier…..B&W would look cool. A friend I used to work with bought a cheap rangefinder and got some really fast B&W film. He took some shots of his mates in a cafe and a bar and they looked excellent.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Personally I would have been too embarrassed to have posted these

heh heh, I love that stuff, water is endlessly fascinating – I take shots of the canal outside the office every day 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

That’s a lovely pic, SFB.

but all I did was be there and press the button – nature did the rest for me.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

but all I did was be there and press the button – nature did the rest for me.

And I imagine the camera did some pretty nifty things too…unless you print direct from your retina!

For the record I like the OP’s shots, nice not to see overprocessed, messed about shots for once. I loved the old Illford 3200ISO B+W film…graintastic or lots of “noise” depending on your stance.

SSP

STATO
    Free Member

he couldnt ride due to a minor mechanical (see if you can spot what it was in the pic)

is it me or is he missing a pedal

in addition to a bad case of chainius froggimus

Yep, the old – ‘ill just fit the pedals when we get to the trail centre, oops ive brought 2 right pedals’ error. He made up for it with some good pics tho.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And I imagine the camera did some pretty nifty things too

it made a clicking sound…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

very 70’s

im off to dig out my dad old SLR and some films i rattled off in the second eyar of uni, should be some happy memories and lots of bonfires if i remember correctly.

Does film go off? will it be ruined after sitting unprocessed for 4 years?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Does film go off?

yes, eventually

will it be ruined after sitting unprocessed for 4 years?

degraded but probably recognisable or better

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh, just uploaded some new ones:

mrnutt.wordpress.com

there’s also my first foray into the world of B&W!!

as usual, don’t hold back on the comments, I’m interested to hear suggestions as to how I can improve!

(yes I know I could buy a digital one that would do everything automatically)

MrNutt
    Free Member

ok here’s one for SFB:

here’s the link that didn’t work for my photoblog: mrnutt.wordpress.com

MrNutt
    Free Member

this is for those whom wonder what it is I look like:

MrNutt
    Free Member

this is my preferred guitar:

MrNutt
    Free Member

and this is a picture of my pretty little niece:

yep, I think I’m starting to get the hang of this 100% manual 35mm film camera lark! what do you think??

IHN

Back to the main point – who’s Jo, and is Jo single?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Good to see the nasty SFB hazzunt put you off!

Nice pics! Has that white duck got no eye?

Tip; with portraits, get tight to the subject; fill the frame with their face, unless you are doing an ‘environmental’ portrait. And with kids, get down low, as it makes them feel more comfortable, and you are at their eye-level.

IHN

And whilst we’re posting cute niece pictures:

MrNutt
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member
    Good to see the nasty SFB hazzunt put you off!

Nice pics! Has that white duck got no eye?

Tip; with portraits, get tight to the subject; fill the frame with their face, unless you are doing an ‘environmental’ portrait. And with kids, get down low, as it makes them feel more comfortable, and you are at their eye-level.

SFB has been nothing but an inspiration 😉

nah, I managed to catch the duck mid-blink, almost impossible! and before you ask, it smelt fowl!

as for pictures of kids at eye level, why? thats how I see them! and as for filling the frame with their face, yep but I’m saving those shots for Natgeo 😉

IHN

Oi, stop ducking the issue – Jo?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

See Nettles’ pic: he’s got down to the little child’s eye level. Kids will feel a lot more comfortable when you’re down at their level. Speshly little kids. Try it.

IHN

He’s right, I is a photographing genius. I even managed to catch the teething dribble on her chin 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh god no, I don’t want to get that close to the little bleeders! 😆

and I’m afraid Jo’s been tagged mate!

IHN

he’s got down to the little child’s eye level

I didn’t, she’s freakishly tall.

IHN

Curses! What about the Spanish looking one?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s his fiance, you cad!!!!

You utter, utter bastard.

IHN

That’s his fiance, you cad!!!!

Really? I’d never realised 🙄

mudplugga
    Free Member

I’m with Simon. The natural stuff wins hands down. It’s just a matter of catching the right image at the right time. Fannying about with it after the event is a bit daft really isn’t it? Either it’s a great image or it isn’t.

zaskar
    Free Member

Some great pics there. Except the drooly kids ewww.

Bath is ace.

dave_aber
    Free Member

unlike 400 near-identical snapshots of someone’s arse

Nothing wrong with those pictures, except maybe not enough of them recently. SFB – More girlie’s arses please!

colande
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright
    where was this taken? i swear ive been there,

DrP

Mr Nutt – I like the one of the clown juggling the chicken.

DrP

Freezie
    Free Member

I like Ms Nutt Knitting, got a really nice 70’s feel to it, can you get replaceable focusing screens i.e. split prism for the zenith to nail your manual focusing. Try a handheld light meter to help work out your exposures.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Like the train tracks one. Might be worth cloning out the dust from the scans though. Fair play for posting them up for criticism.

simonfbarnes you really are a miserable twonk! The couple of threads I’ve seen you post you seem to be constantly negative towards other people. Give it a rest.

MrNutt
    Free Member

cheers for the comments folks, but let SFB be eh? I don’t take his comments to heart and to be honest I treat everything I read as tongue in cheek, yes he can be a tad acrid now and then but thats the fellas nature, SFB, don’t go changing! 🙂

My trusty Zenit has a “built in light meter” but its about thirty years old so its a tad out, I could try a split prism or another light meter but to be honest about 50% of the pleasure I get out of photography is my guesswork and the imperfections that it produces. There’s a lot of kudos currently placed on crystal clear focus and “the perfect” shot but to me pictures like the ones I’ve stuck up on my blog http://www.mrnutt.com tend to “do it for me” more than the more common “glassy” shots many folk strive for.

I like dirt. 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

i’m disappointed this thread doesn’t have a high enough sunset content.
    it’s not a proper amateur photographer thread without sunsets and somebody’s cat/puppy curled up on the sofa.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Ha!

This better Gary? No sunsets but how about a moody sky pic?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The couple of threads I’ve seen you post you seem to be constantly negative towards other people

but I post in dozens of threads. I think Mr.Nutt was soliciting opinions and I gave mine, which were negative about the shots he posted, not him.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Old School Camera Shots (very pic heavy thread!)’ is closed to new replies.