Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Old 531 Roadie Rebuild
  • Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I picked this 1980 steel frame up around a year ago, built it up quickly first to confirm the fit.

Since then I’ve spent way more than i should of done but I’m pretty happy with the results.

yossarian
    Free Member

No damp course?

boblo
    Free Member

Ooo that’s nice. What size is it, looks quite big? Who did your paint/chroming, looks a nice job. Did you cut the back brake outer too short, routng looks a bit unusual?

steelfan
    Free Member

Now that is lovely. Campy stuff looks so much better than Shimano on slim steel frames.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nice job, a rare “new bike” thread worth opening!

boblo
    Free Member

Campag <sigh>

donsimon
    Free Member

nolo. Looks nice, I’m not to keen on the saddle though.

boblo
    Free Member

Yep, saddle is period but a bit chunky. Selle Italia Turbo?

donsimon
    Free Member

?
    Many years ago I had an old Raleigh that was just a beautiful bike, I think it had something similar to the above.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Thanks all,

no idea about the damp proof.

Its a 60cm from memory, fits nice for me at 6’2″ with a long body

Painting was by a local guy who normally works on motorbike helmets. Chroming also by a local company who do classic car parts. (Local to Perth Australia)

Saddle and most of the bits apart from the wheels came on a Guirciotti (sp) donor bike in the Planet-X sale, I’m not overly enamoured with the saddle either so it will probably be on its way soon, I’ll probably get another brooks and change the bar tape to black.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Old 531 Roadie Rebuild’ is closed to new replies.