Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • OK to drop "Elite Rider" call and replace with just "Strava"?
  • MrGreedy

MrGreedy you realise that Strava is used by most as a bit of a laugh with your mates, a bit of healthy competition.

Yes, hence the smiley 😉

(Though given the amount of people who took the OP deadly seriously maybe this is the wrong thread for attempts at humour)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When have you ever seen someone in the back of the peleton ride all the way through the peleton and then off the front to the leading group? The people who get to the top first generally will have ridden to the top quickest.

Breakaway group being caught at the end of a stage, they’re clearly not the quickest in the latter stages, but will be mopping up all the points untill they are. With the exception of finishes most points seem to go to groups breaking away by a margin rather than just sprints off the front of the pelaton, even if those breakaways only last untill the points are gained before sitting up and re-joining the pelaton.

BillOddie

I love strava, but even before I got it I rode every section as fast as I could, why wouldn’t you?

+1 Apart from the uphill bits where I tend to upchill.

zerocool

To thisisnotaspoon, I have no problem with getting out of people’s way, or going faster than me, There are plenty of people in the world who are faster than me going up or down. It’s more about manners. If I’m going flat out and trying to beat a personal best, or just flowing down the trails trying to jump everything smoothly (emphasis on trying) and I come across someone going slower than me I’ll back off.

We should be encouraging people into the sport, not harassing them or bullying out the way. I’ve seen this way to many times on the trails. I’m not saying all Strava users are arseholes or anything like that, but blasting through a family group, our a group of beginners, etc is just rude.

nickhart
    Free Member

wtf is KOM (kok ot munth in rotherham)
    and why oh why is strava important?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’m not saying all Strava users are arseholes or anything like that, but blasting through a family group, our a group of beginners, etc is just rude.

Point being that this behaviour his c**tish wether strava is involved or not.

oldgit
    Free Member

Do you use Strava in races…really? Bet you all play with Tamagotchi’s as well.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Strava strava whatever it’s all the rage now but once 90% of riders realise that they are not quick and have no chance of being the quickest it will die off.
    Enjoy being the quickest while you can as the big boys are coming to play

oldgit
    Free Member

So you’re going for a KOM best in your local woods on a weekend and you come across these thoughtless little ****ers. What does a Stravanista shout?

I mean this is the competition right, and they’re on your ‘line’

AdamT

“Stravanista” I like that. I’m wondering if they (we) should paint an orange chevron on the back of the seat post so people understand why when they barge past? 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pretty simple surely – its the responsibility of the uphill cyclist (like skier) to ride safely and not endanger the downhill cyclist. Doing anything else is selfish or merely being a **** (insert favourite word)!

Sad that Strava KOM is more important than the safety of a fellow rider. Is MTB becoming like climbing Everest???

steve_b77
    Free Member

If caught with an unecessary electronic gadget, a fat person will be employed to jump up and down on it till you cry.

How will you differentiate between the latter and the former 😆

Oldgit – mayeb something like this “Oi, lads you’re getting owned by a girl” 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

Pretty simple surely – its the responsibility of the uphill cyclist (like skier) to ride safely and not endanger the downhill cyclist. Doing anything else is selfish or merely being a **** (insert favourite word)

See I disagree because going uphill is important to me. I’d just make it sweet so we both passed without issue. I tend to give a ‘bit’ of priority to those riding up, as it’s easier to dab and restart going downhill. Whilst dabbing on a climb could mean the end of the ride.
    Skiing is a poor reference, I might be wrong, but I don’t thing many people take part in uphill skiing.

GavinB

Just glanced at the only trail ‘down south’ that I’ve heard of, ‘Barry Knows Best’, as I zoomed in on London. Its had over 2000 riders clock it on Strava. Parkamoor, by way of comparison, has had 33.

Glad I ride where I do!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oldgit – apart form the last bit, I think we are saying the same thing? If you are uphill, its your responsibility to avoid an incident. Doesn’t matter which way you are going. Basic manners, common sense. So skiing rules are perfect reference despite the obvious difference. IMHO, of course!

steve_b77
    Free Member

I thought you shoudl always giveway to the climber

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So you’re going for a KOM best in your local woods on a weekend and you come across these thoughtless little ****ers. What does a Stravanista shout?

Well one of them is clearly committing every sin in the biking book, he’s wearing a full face whilst climbing, his BMX has 4 pegs and his brake levers are pointing skywards. So it had better be something appropriate to that level of ignorance about the rules.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you use Strava in races…really? Bet you all play with Tamagotchi’s as well.

From the posts about a certain enduro series you need to log your own times….

I have been out on trails where people have pushed infront of me while I was waiting for my missus to get a good gap in front so they can get round quicker – this was in 2007

Nothing here is new, nothing is different just in a reactionary way people have something to blame.

Guns Strava Don’t Kill People RappersIdiots do…….

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘OK to drop "Elite Rider" call and replace with just "Strava"?’ is closed to new replies.