• This topic has 27 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • OK STW – why isn't anyone interested in my MM 24hr Solo spot??
  • psychle
    Free Member

Haven't even had a nibble after a weeks advertising… I thought there'd be someone ready to jump at the chance to undertake the challenge…

Is it because I'm asking £80 for it? Is this unreasonable, to try and recoup costs incurred?

wwaswas

will the organisers not take it back and do a refund if they can sell it?

psychle
    Free Member

will the organisers not take it back and do a refund if they can sell it?

They will, but only for their fee (£65) less an admin fee (unspecified, but I guess £5 or so…) Then they'll offer it to the first person on their waitlist, which is the fair thing to do I'm sure.

I'm just trying to break even… I'd love to do the event, but work has changed it's plans and I can't get the weekend off 👿

sputnik
    Free Member

Try giving it away for free and see the response.

psychle
    Free Member

Try giving it away for free and see the response.

Indeed… 😆

xcstu
    Free Member

IMO keep advertising as normally there is always someone last min decides they fancy doing it….

or at worst you might make a small lose than not getting any money back?

will
    Free Member

at 70 quid i'm sure somebody will buy it. Maybe you have to accept your making a loss?

DaveGr
    Free Member

I'm just trying to break even

Is it because I'm asking £80 for it

Didn't it cost £65 to enter plus the cost of some stamps and envelopes?

wwaswas

I don't understand where the extra £15 has come from?

psychle
    Free Member

I don't understand where the extra £15 has come from?

Guaranteed 9am next day delivery was £11.35 (!) and the extra £5 was because I needed a postal money order (don't have a cheque book!).

at 70 quid i'm sure somebody will buy it. Maybe you have to accept your making a loss??

May well have to… a few quid doesn't bother me too much, would take £70 with the buyer to pay any admin charge/fee to MM…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If it was me, I'd just be glad to recover the entry fee, Joe Bloggs didn't make you get special delivery on it.

May also be due to MM blowing goats in terms of 24hr events …

wwaswas

I don't think asking for your postage and payment costs back is helping you sell it, tbh.

Jamie
    Free Member

Guaranteed 9am next day delivery was £11.35 (!) and the extra £5 was because I needed a postal money order (don't have a cheque book!).

Not the potential buyers problem. You will have to take those costs on the chin i'm afraid.

psychle
    Free Member

Not the potential buyers problem

True enough, but then if they'd wanted the best chance of securing a spot they'd have had to pay these costs as well… in my mind it doesn't seem unfair to be trying to recoup these costs, but if the market isn't interested then I'll have to suck it up I guess! Though in that case I reckon I'll just give it back to the organiser and let the first person on the waitlist have it…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Good idea.

Personally I would never have even contemplated trying to get my postal costs etc back.

Which one are you – yorkshireman, aberdonian, banker or mp?

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Seems a little harsh asking for the buyer to pay for your decision to get 9am delivery.

I would just sucki it up and ask for £66 to cover the cost of posting and be done with it.

brakes
    Free Member

it's because you're selling it for 25% more than face value
    it's not a World Cup final ticket!

timc
    Free Member

bad miser you

Ti29er
    Free Member

I'll open the bidding then at £17 (to include postage).

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Is it stupid day on this forum today?

Jamie
    Free Member

KINGTUT:
    Is it stupid day on this forum today?

You new? Everyday is st….etc etc.

oldgit
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero is MM losing favour then?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

MM is a ride round a field. If you look at the entry for UK24s you'll see all the big names entered. Not a chance that they'll all be riding MM, if any do.

oldgit
    Free Member

Though entries are up aren't they?

finbar
    Free Member

I would imagine that basically all the people who wanted to enter, already did. So unless it's cheap enough for someone to do it on a whim i don't think you'll get much interest.

oldgit
    Free Member

Any talk of it being held somewhere else yet? I've always been unlucky with Eastnor.

psychle
    Free Member

I would just suck it up and ask for £66

Sucking it up as I type… £65 it is, buyer to pay any transfer fee etc… if no-one wants it I'll let Pat know and he can release it to the first on the waitlist…

pistol10
    Free Member

are you still interested in selling the solo ticket? i didnt get in this year ;( let me know if you are interested in selling it?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘OK STW – why isn't anyone interested in my MM 24hr Solo spot??’ is closed to new replies.