• This topic has 42 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by alantromboner-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • OK I'm sorry
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

After yet another evening online, a stern talking to by a certain someone and various messages from concerned parties, I realise I’ve been a bit of a tool on here in recent times and I apologise to those I may have offended.

So I intend to take a short break and return a revised character.

Mods please delete my login.

loddrik
    Free Member

Name names… We don’t believe you.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Al – you only had to ask if you wanted to borrow my flouncing music… one last dance??

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo[/video]

Hohum
    Free Member

0 out of 10 for the flounce.

Where’s the drama?

Jamie
    Free Member

Can’t say I have noticed anything that out of order from Al.

….but then I have actively avoided the more contentious threads of late.

cinnamon_girl

Well, I had wondered if al’s login had been given to a.n.other. His persona has changed hugely.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As one of the offended parties – no need to flounce just get some perspective back and try not to argue too much / so dogmatically

Yes I know – pot, kettle, black! But I have been trying ( very!)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What have you done/who have you upset ow, Al? 🙁

Realisation of one’s own shortcomings, coupled with public declaration of such, is something to be admired, I think.

Pft. Sleep on it. Give it a day or three if needs be, Then come back with fresh eyes and fingers.

scaredypants

I must’ve missed all the good stuff then, you don’t seem to have been much different to me

Anyhow, don’t disappear or we’ll never* know if you’ve changed

(* great fun working out who the new usernames are, though)

RustySpanner

I thought you were getting better – one of your recent posts was actually useful, informative and inoffensive.

I just assumed it was someone else using your log in.

Kit
    Free Member

I tried this once. Mods didn’t care. Try avoiding the swear filter instead – guaranteed ban. Then you can start a stand-up (email) argument to have the ban extended. Job. Done.

Kevevs
    Free Member

hey! but I like your stupid tyres!

cynic-al
    Free Member

“bit of a tool period”

WTF – spineless and unable to make sense?

toys19
    Free Member

Al you are funny, don’t go.

rOcKeTdOg

So I intend to take a short break and return a revised character.

the final me me me thread?, why not just email mods without an announcement on the forum?

but why leave? you are occasionally amusing

clubber
    Free Member

I don’t think this counts as a flounce does it?

Either way, Al, I don’t think you need to go into the desert for 40 days/nights.

Jamie
    Free Member

Either way, Al, I don’t think you need to go into the desert for 40 days/nights.

Well, only if it has net access .

Haze

I wouldn’t take things so seriously, it’s just a forum full of geeks and strangers. Don’t worry about it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I love ya Al!

Woody
    Free Member

I realise I’ve been a bit of a tool on here in recent times

…….just recently ?

Attention whoring aside – there aren’t enough sharp tools in the box so I give it an hour before you return to normal 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Al you seem like an alright guy but you are the worsest flouncer ever.
    I’ve seen you hiding over on the bike forum in a bivi bag, pathetic.

1/10.

kaesae
    Free Member

Keep the user ID and let us see the change in you, I have changed loads since last year when I was in a lot of pain and my thoughts simply swam all the time.

I’m still not healed and I’m still tired and a bit dopey at times, but the more time I set aside to simply think about things. The less stressed and confused I am.

I’m learning to meditate, all you have to do, is get comfy and pay attention to your breathing and try and use your solar plexus, for now I have to rely on Stella Artois and kombucha to get into the zone.

Soon I don’t doubt I’ll be able to do it without any help at all, 5 or 6 years I reckon 😀

singlespeedstu

I’ve not noticed you being any more of a tool that you usualy are.

And you’re no where near as tooly as a lot on here.

Mugboo

I have no problem with Al or anyone else on here but I do sometimes wonder wether they are as brave/argumentative in real life. If so then they must rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

So as long as you are being yourself then carry on…

firestarter
    Free Member

Don’t go I want to see how the semi fat bike goes

elaineanne
    Free Member

ditto to wot Mugboo said…
    i expect people put up a ‘front’ on these forums yet in real life a different person altogether….. and afterall its just another forum with lots of wind up merchants on it….if you dont like it you can just toddle off to another forum and get wound up even more !!! hahaha 😉

Drac

I tried this once. Mods didn’t care.

It’s not that we don’t care, it’s that people tend to change their minds and come back. Like you’ve kindly demonstrated.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So as long as you are being yourself then carry on…

How do I go about being someone else? It could be a positive move for me…

Sammie

Junkyard
    Free Member

i expect people put up a ‘front’ on these forums yet in real life a different person altogether

Oddly i expect peopl eto not need apersona and just be the same in real life – when meeting folks about a 75% /25 5 split.
    Often the loudest forumites are quite quiet in real life.

Al whatever you do good luck

alantromboner-spam
    Free Member

Thanks for the support folks!

I’m not the same in real life – way less argumentative and a bit quiet in groups of new people (seems normal to me).

But IME some of those on here who proclaim they act the same in real life are talking bollocks.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I hate to say it old chap but most of the forum really could not give a monkeys, we now have two threads which you have started to draw attention to the fact that you are having a non-flounce and it just smacks of outrageous attention seeking.

Ask for advice, give your opinion, have a laugh but can we just cut all of the self regarding rubbish and get back to the business of political infighting and garden critique?

Jamie
    Free Member

Oddly, I expect people to act the same online as in real life and not need an online persona. When meeting folks in real life, I have found it is about 75%/25% split in how people are online and how they actually are in the flesh. Often the loudest forumites are quite quiet in real life.

Al whatever you do good luck

Cleaned up a bit.

duntstick
    Free Member

Attention whoring trombonist………..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBZ8CKPMR3w&feature=related[/video] 😉

Cougar

It’s not that we don’t care, it’s just that… ah, no, wait, the first one.

(-:

alantromboner-spam
    Free Member

it just smacks of outrageous attention seeking.

Jeez it’s all just a laugh really and it’s giving me a chortle which is the main thing.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Please tell me you’re not this funny in real life?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m totally against attention seeking.

its people like you that are ruining the internet’s great reputation dammit man!

anyway,

sharki
    Free Member

Al is not this funny in real life.

In groups he really is quite(normally because everyone else in the group are bigger louder gobshites)

I’ve only really noticed a few recent examples of you taking things perhaps a little too far on here with seeming petty threads.

For many it can provide the necessary entertainment their lives.
    Whilst others just cringe.

I’ve been a moany old fart at times on here and elsewhere, but try these days to not type anything that has the potential to start an argument. It creates a negative atmosphere which only serves to make me sad.
    Sadness then triggers my depression. So by avoidance, i get to control my mood better.

Don’t go Al, just think at little more about how your posts make you feel in the long term…Winding people up can be fun, but not at the expense of your contentment.

Well done for listening to your friends.

GW
    Free Member

Why ask for your log in to be deleted, then turn up a few hours later with a new log-in/forum username? I really can’t be bothered with most of the attention whores that change their names on here, most just seem to be a bit sad/thick/needy, push it too far and can’t take the flack. It’s obvious you’re needy Al but didn’t think you were thick or that sad, what did you type that you couldn’t cope with?

alantromboner-spam
    Free Member

To the point as ever GW…see:

alantromboner – Member

Jeez it’s all just a laugh really and it’s giving me a chortle which is the main thing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘OK I'm sorry’ is closed to new replies.