Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Oi! Flashy or someone recommend a nice pub near Victoria Coach Station please!
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Got to meet me mum off a coach tomoz night; needs to be pretty close as she’ll have bin travelling for several days from Cornwall (why she don’t book ahead and get the train I’ll never know…) and won’t want to walk too far not with her osteoporosis and that.

Somewhere nice and quiet would be good. Maybe a bit of food but nowt too spensive.

Ta! 😀

grantway
    Free Member

Found this link Resturants Near Victoria Coach station

Surprised your not letting her get a cab to yours and footing the bill ?
    It is your Mum

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, she lives just a minute from Bow Road Tube, Grantway, and she’s got her Freedom Pass, so ittud be daft to waste all that money on a cab! What, thirty quid or more?

Nah; straight onto the District Line, bosh! 25 minutes or so. Be quicker than a cab I’d recklon.

Where’s Flashy when you need him? Bloody rubbish…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Grantway, those are near the train station, not the coach station.

Now, seeing as you asked nicely and didn’t use too much of your pathetic, idiotic faux-patois….

Conveniently, two of my current favourite restaurants are near the coach station;
    Olivo and Boisdales. Both on Ecclestone Street. Considering the quality, neither are too “spensive” (FFS, will you please acknowledge your reasonable level of intelligence and stop writing that drivel?)

As to pubs? Well, there’s the Cubitt and the Ebury. Both are OK, but usually full of hedgies and you’d probably get really angry at them for something. The Ebury Wine Bar is lovely. Full of ladies who lunch. You’d probably get really angry at them for something.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’d probably get really angry at them for something

😆

I do get on well with posh birds, funnily enough. Always have done. Strange, cos I’m proper potto scum, but there you go; opposites attract…

So where would you go for a pint after a long Journey, Flashy? Near the Tube is fine as well. anywhere between the two really.

Fraid the Cask is a little too far for me mum to toddle. 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Cask is a different pub to Cask. The latter is closed until the 4th.
    Where I would go is hardly likely to suit your mother. On arriving at the coach station (A very unlikely event, I can assure you), I’d either go to Boisdales for some superb single malt and a nice cigar, or perhaps to my club, or else I’d go home (Seeing as Cask is closed right now).

Try the Phoenix, Palace Street (Just up the road from the rather excellent Cycle Surgery branch I use there)

atlaz
    Free Member

Didn’t we do the recommend a pub/place to eat in Victoria recently? Cask for the pub, Kazaan for the restaurant seemed to get a lot of votes. Admittedly 10 mins walk from the bus station.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Brass monkey on vauxhall bridge rd

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brooess, a good shout that. Used to be a superb spot for a bottle of Chablis. Sadly, a little full of star-spotters these days.

That said, the Goring is one of my favourite places in London, serves epic Bellinis and is a simply sublime spot. And one where our own little class warrior wannabe would feel totally out of place, so it’s perfect!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where I would go is hardly likely to suit your mother.

Oh why’s that; d’you frequent strip clubs or something?

You are such a snobby ponce. Dunno why I bothered.

‘Oh look at me I’m Flashy I’m soo much better than everyone else’.

Get over yerself mate. All I asked for was a recommendation for a nice pub, not a pathetic display of one-upmanship.

If you actually were what you pretend to be, you’d have a tad more humility about you.

At least I make no pretence about who I am, Flashy. You may well have a few more quid than me mate (not actually all that difficult…), but you sure as hell don’t have any real class.

So there. Pwwwwwgggglhh!

😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh dear, the class warrior is out again.

My point was this – The places I like would probably not be the sort of place your mother would like. Your mother and I are probably rather different poeple with rather different tastes/experiences. That being said, I have never met your mother, so she may like posh wine bars and smart hotels. Who knows.

If you want a cheap pub there’s one at the railway station. In fact there are a couple. They’re shit. But then, she may like that.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

EDIT: Pfft. Can’t be bothered. You’re just pathetic and incredibly rude.

(Email in profile if you really do feel the need to continue this. Best kept off forum for the sake of others)

grantway
    Free Member

Ouch you guys fallen out?

cinnamon_girl

Cap’n – a genuine toff wouldn’t be judging and sneering at others. That’s best left to the johnny-come-lately wannabees 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

Poor show Flash a bit to much Flashman in your answers to a genuine enquiry. Shame on you.

atlaz
    Free Member

a genuine toff wouldn’t be judging and sneering at others

Depends. I’ve met some genuine ones who were total arses to everyone.

tang
    Free Member

Nothing to do with class. Politeness or rudeness is not bound by social anxiety.

wallop

idiotic faux-patois….

😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think what we see here is Flashheart pushing his online persona a little too far and letting it get carried away. As Pigface says, really really poor show and a wee insight into who flashy really is. Rude as well as plastic. 😐

duntmatter
    Free Member

scuttler

http://www.caskpubandkitchen.com/ is about 10 minutes walk away. Excellent beer and whilst I’ve not eaten there the food looks good.

Cletus

I think if anyone deserves admonition for their responses on this thread it is Elfin. He asked a question specifically to Flashy, Flashy provided reasonable answers and then Elfin chose to pick an argument.

Out of the two I know who I would rather share a pie and pint with!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Oi! Flashy or someone recommend a nice pub near Victoria Coach Station please!’ is closed to new replies.