Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Oh the irony
  • uselesshippy
    Free Member

More importantly.
    Was the coffee shop a Starbucks?

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyway.

Back to the coffee shop. I think we were judging someone from afar, if I remember correctly.

LHS
    Free Member

Nothing false about it. Your choice though. They used to think smoking was harmless too.

binners

Woooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaahhhh – back up there! Smoking isn’t harmless?!!! 😯

LHS
    Free Member

Not if you have a mint afterwards.

baby
    Free Member

So menthols are ok?

LHS
    Free Member

Yep.

baby
    Free Member

Excellent. Would hate to have to walk the minefield that is the artificially sweetened mint market.

_tom_
    Free Member

So menthols are ok?

Yep, saves you having to brush your teeth as well 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

and you smell lovely as well

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick with the diet coke thing. Maybe she’d already gone and bought a packet of mentos.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-8r6P0HiPwU[/video]

grum
    Free Member

As already explained, aspartame is extremely bad and its long term affects are not fully understood.

And that’s a scientific fact. There isn’t actually any evidence for it, but it’s still a scientific fact.

Presumably you could fix the ill effects with some healing crystals anyway. There’s about the same amount of evidence that they work.

boxfish
    Free Member

I see the STW wing of The FFB* have assembled quickly this morning. 😀

* Food Fascist Brigade

LHS
    Free Member

Some representatives from Coca Cola on here too by the looks of things.

baby
    Free Member

and you smell lovely as well

*flutters eyelashes*

*flicks back hair*

*Winks*

Yes that’s spelt with an “i”.

bearnecessities

Haven’t you got some looms to smash?

I like that 😀

tomhoward

Alright, own up. Who is Santa, and who are the polar bears?

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s all about Pepsi Max anyway. Diet Coke is alright but gives you frothy, fizzy burps. Pepsi gives you solid, deep and vibrant burps.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah, we’re all part of the conspiracy.

Diet Coke probably isn’t great stuff, but there really isn’t any evidence that Aspartame is bad for you. What makes you think you know better?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes that’s spelt with an “i”.

You spelt it wrong then.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vh5y82GXIs[/video]

gonefishin
    Free Member

Oh no, I work for companies that are much much worse than coke.

baby
    Free Member

You spelt it wrong then.

😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Or the type 1 diabetic ‘brigade’

I’m a busy man, I can’t waist my time asking people their personal circumstances when I wish to judge them from afar.

bearnecessities

Oh no, I work for companies that are much much worse than coke.

Disney?

jfletch
    Free Member

Also, a lot of research has shown that the sweetners in diet drinks physically make you crave sweet stuff a short time after you’ve had one. Research showed that people will regularly reach for a chocolate bar or cake within 30 mins of drinking a diet soda.

Wait – So bottle of full fat coke is better because although it definaneltly has 53g of sugar in diet coke might make me want a Mars Bar which has 35g of sugar and some fat.

Right. I’ll take my chances thanks.

Dr. Pepper Zero FWT

gonefishin
    Free Member

Disney

Steady on. My standards might not be high but there’s no need for that sort of accusation!

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s the same as the diet coke brigade. ” I’ll have a large bag of chips, 2 battered sausage, curry sauce, can I have lots of mayonnaise on my chips please….. Oh and a diet coke please”.

I prefer the taste of Diet Coke to every other soft drink, and that meal sounds great.

iolo
    Free Member

I love marinating cheap sausages in diet Coke and feeding it to kids

kimbers

LHS – Member
    The addition of Formaldehyde and formic acid in my stomach doesn’t sound like a smart move to me.

sighhhhhhhhh

despite extensive research there has never been any proof that aspartamine yields significant amounts of formaldehyde in the body, it would have to break down into methanol first and then into formaldehyde then formic acid to do anything nasty

the amount of methanol yielded from 10 litres of diet coke would only be a few microlitres of methanol- you would get more liberated from 2 litres of fruit juice and that is still way below any toxic level

besides which diabetics consume lots of the stuff and have doen for years and they dont get cancer and die all over the place

LHS
    Free Member

Carry on then. Your choice. From my experience as well you only see fatties drinking diet coke.

konabunny
    Free Member

Sweetener science is very tricky and conspiratorial – the giant corporations that own the big two have been in a science war for decades about this stuff now, and Big Sugar in the US is owned by a handful of incredibly right wing families that engage in dirty politics. They all fund psuedo-scientific research that knocks their competitors.

jfletch
    Free Member

From my experience as well you only see fatties drinking diet coke.

Oh well if its from your experience then it must be true. It definiately won’t be influenced by your apparent food issues.

Stands up, looks arround

Oh, I’ve just seen a thin person drinking diet coke. Maybe I shouldn’t trust you “experience” afterall.

LHS
    Free Member

Depends on what your classification of thin is.

miketually
    Free Member

From my experience as well you only see fatties drinking diet coke.

I sometimes drink diet coke. I’m not fat.

marcus7
    Free Member

What is your definition of thin then? (pretty sure id be a fatty in your world 😉 ), just so i know what to drink at lunch….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Go to London fashion week.
    Lots of very, very skinny women drinking diet coke.
    Any other experiences you want to share?

cranberry
    Free Member

Carry on then. Your choice. From my experience as well you only see fatties drinking diet coke.

I think that you deserve your very own “defence” for that. Perhaps the “people failed to agree with me so I rather pathetically insulted them defence”.

*wobbles belly*

*Goes off in search of some Diet Coke*

tomhoward

What BMI to be able to drink diet coke?

iolo
    Free Member

LHS, are you idave?

miketually
    Free Member

What BMI to be able to drink diet coke?

I’m 1.78m tall and weigh about 67kg at the moment, which I think puts me about a 21 BMI. Am I allowed Diet Coke?

If it helps I’ll be eating salad for lunch, though the salad does have chorizo in it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Oh the irony’ is closed to new replies.