Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Oh the irony
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, I’m getting a coffee to get me going before my appointment this morning. The woman infront of me orders a ‘skinny latte’. To add to her order she selects a comically giant oversized biscuit and then puts four sugars in the skinny latte

Really, what was the point in getting the skinny version?

organic355
    Free Member

cant stand full fat milk myself, it tastes almost greasy/fatty, but I do like a sugar in my coffee, not 4 tho!

Jamie
    Free Member

Really, what was the point in getting the skinny version?

Some people don’t like full fat milk?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s the same as the diet coke brigade. ” I’ll have a large bag of chips, 2 battered sausage, curry sauce, can I have lots of mayonnaise on my chips please….. Oh and a diet coke please”.

LHS
    Free Member

As above, difference between full fat milk and having sweet coffee.

brakes
    Free Member

Maybe she prefers to build fat herself from the excess sugar rather than putting it in directly from milk.
    Maybe she does whatever the funk she likes.
    Maybe your feet smell.

jon1973
    Free Member

“I’ll have a large bag of chips, 2 battered sausage, curry sauce, can I have lots of mayonnaise on my chips please….. Oh and a diet coke please”.

I see what you mean….Mayonnaise on chips??? FFS

As for diet coke, I prefer the taste of it. I use semi-skimmed milk for the same reason.

mogrim

As for diet coke, I prefer the taste of it.

Me too. Except as a mixer, Kalimotxo is much better with proper coke.

tomhoward

It’s the same as the diet coke brigade. ” I’ll have a large bag of chips, 2 battered sausage, curry sauce, can I have lots of mayonnaise on my chips please….. Oh and a diet coke please”.

Or the type 1 diabetic ‘brigade’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This hasn’t really gone as you’d expected, had it, Cheesy? 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Mayo on chips is fine as long as you are in Belgium 😉

Mayo and Curry Sauce 😯 are you mad?

_tom_
    Free Member

Well it’s better than having the full fat milk AND the 4 sugars I guess..

baby
    Free Member

Surely she just wanted a low fat drink?

binners

Its a well known fact that diet coke dissolves the calories of any food you’re having at the time.

Mrs Binners said the other day there was a bloke parked outside their office, with his window down, listening to a Paul McKenna slimming hypnotism thing….. while chomping away on a couple of pasties from Greggs 😆

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Well done you … if that’s all you’ve got to be worried about.

or

Stop being a nosy get

Mackem

Urgh Kalimotxo – how to ruin two drinks at once.

LHS
    Free Member

Diet coke may taste better but its a lot less healthy for you than full fat coke. Wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

jon1973
    Free Member

Or the type 1 diabetic ‘brigade’

It’s type 2 which is usually related to diet and obesity, not type 1.

organic355
    Free Member

Mayo on chips is fine as long as you are in Belgium

or Amsterdam but only if it comes with a “Royale with cheese”

tomhoward

If they were type 2 it would be stupid, the fatty crap is what has made them diabetic.

Type 1 it hasn’t, but I they dont want all the sugar in the pop. (not saying its the healthy choice, just its not necessarily what has put them in that predicament)

MMMM cheesy chilli chips…….

Jamie
    Free Member

Diet coke may taste better but its a lot less healthy for you than full fat coke. Wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

I’ll bite. Explain?

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’m going to have to ask why on earth that would be the case.

I reminds me of a bloke I met on holiday who said that there were no natural ingredients in diet coke. Leaving to one side that this is irrelevant, when I pointed out that there was quite a bit of water in it he said, barely pausing for breath, that I was clutchg at straws.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I see what you mean….Mayonnaise on chips??? FFS

That’ll be one of the finest food combos known to man.

tomhoward

I’ll bite. Explain?

s’all the sweeteners, aspartame and Phenylalanine innit.

jfletch
    Free Member

😯

Go on… How?

Link to any evidence for this sweeping fact?

(I suspsect you will just find lots of info regarding neither being something you should drink a lot of but nothing to say sweteners are categorically worse for you than sugar, they just **** you up in different ways.)

gonefishin
    Free Member

Oh I’m aware of all the crap that is put about about Aspartame, most of it is nonsense by the way.

Oh and google is a search function, not a source of information.

Jamie
    Free Member

ASPARTAME – There is a huge amount of negative information about it.

Link to a wonky Youtube vid, and you’re in Kaesae territory.

Anyway, 4th, legitimate peer review study based, link down:

The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) assesses the safety of sweeteners such as aspartame in the European Union. According to a 2009 report from its Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources Added to Food:

Overall, the Panel concluded, on the basis of all the evidence currently available… that there is no indication of any genotoxic or carcinogenic potential of aspartame and that there is no reason to revise the previously established ADI for aspartame of 40 mg/kg [body weight].

Aside from the possible effects in people with phenylketonuria, there are no health problems that have been consistently linked to aspartame use. Research on artificial sweeteners, including aspartame, continues today.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/aspartame

crikey
    Free Member

With a little more forethought, both characters in the original story could have prepared for their day by making a flask of weak lemon drink and some small sandwiches wrapped in greaseproof paper. If they had sat outside, perhaps on a bench in a small park, the conversation could have revolved around them getting to know one another, maybe arranging to meet up again for lunch in a day or so.
    A little give and take, a little compromise, then one day perhaps their hands might touch while passing a Ferrero Rocher and a dull ember may have turned into a full blown flame.

But no. Another opportunity to make the world a slightly nicer place has been lost, another

Jamie
    Free Member

Oi! Crikey! Less loving, and more judging 8)

baby
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xjcyyuDM0[/video]

The King of Hobbies goes nowhere without a weak lemon drink!

LHS
    Free Member

Two fold on diet coke.

As already explained, aspartame is extremely bad and its long term affects are not fully understood.

Also, a lot of research has shown that the sweetners in diet drinks physically make you crave sweet stuff a short time after you’ve had one. Research showed that people will regularly reach for a chocolate bar or cake within 30 mins of drinking a diet soda.

Northwind

tomhoward – Member

Type 1 it hasn’t, but I they dont want all the sugar in the pop. (not saying its the healthy choice, just its not necessarily absolutely, definitely not what has put them in that predicament)

FTFY, T1’s an autoimmune condition.

gonefishin
    Free Member

As already explained, aspartame is extremely bad and its long term affects are not fully understood.

Well that’s not actually true is it. Most of the research actually indicates that it is safe to use, hence why it is approved for use all over the world.

Also, a lot of research has shown that the sweetners in diet drinks physically make you crave sweet stuff a short time after you’ve had one. Research showed that people will regularly reach for a chocolate bar or cake within 30 mins of drinking a diet soda

In other words it’s not actually the diet coke that’s bad for you but the additional calories that you will injest that won’t do you any good.

Jamie
    Free Member

So it’s extremely bad, but we just don’t know how yet?

Fair enough.

LHS
    Free Member

You choose what you want to do. I’m not going to spend 8 pages debating it. For me, I won’t drink anything where there are serious doubts over the long term health concerns. The addition of Formaldehyde and formic acid in my stomach doesn’t sound like a smart move to me. Anyway, your call.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never understood why folk want to replace sugar in a drink which is at least natural with a man made chemical tbh. Its brilliant they market this as a supposedly “healthy choice”

as for being in a coffee shop – I dont drink coffee so I shall flame you both for making choices different from mine.

😆 @crikey

_tom_
    Free Member

Too much sugar makes you fat though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Never understood why folk want to replace sugar in a drink which is at least natural with a man made chemical tbh.

Haven’t you got some looms to smash?

gonefishin
    Free Member

You want to choose to not drink diet coke that’s fine but be honest about your reasons and don’t try to justify it with “science” that is clearly false.

Never understood why folk want to replace sugar in a drink which is at least natural with a man made chemical tbh

I’ve never understood why some folk think that a naturally occurring chemical is necessarily safer than a man made one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Oh the irony’ is closed to new replies.