• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by tron.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Oh S**t is this it?
  • Dancake
    Free Member

I have a wife, a family and (*insert hobby here)

* RC cars, RC planes, Rc (other), Media Centres, Guitars, an old Triumph Vitesse….

My passion for 2 years has been bikes. The buying, buying and selling at a loss (and very occasionaly riding)

I have decided it is time the dancake family had 2 cars again. So the all-consuming persuit of car related bits/bobs begins and I havnt ridden or read this forum for 2 weeks…

I need my Mojo (and fitness) back quick sharp.

what is my question? No idea, I have had a few beers

MrNutt
    Free Member

buy a nice set of winter kit, a heart rate monitor and a huge white board?

Dancake
    Free Member

For the car? Madness

Dancake
    Free Member

Having a dog ride tomorrow. If I **** my hand on a tree again thats it…

however if I miss said tree and perform some kind of hero move Its back on. (hero move=don't hit tree)

bigbob38
    Free Member

drink some beers, ride to a pub, drink some more beers, ride home slowly….. ! Thats what life is about 😉

Del

I have a wife, a family and (*insert hobby here)

mate, if you have time, pick one. BTW, a vitesse is not a proper car. if you want to go fast, get a decent modern sports car, if you want a hobby, err, i guess the triumph may work….
    sorry, not trying to beat you up, but old cars have none of the performance advantages of modern sports cars, but all of the drawbacks. IMO.

j_me
    Free Member

Roman Catholic cars and planes?

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

(Cough ) mistress

grumm
    Free Member

Does 'media centres' really qualify as a hobby? 😛

duntmatter
    Free Member

Buying shit is not 'it', no.

Try again.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Does 'media centres' really qualify as a hobby?

I thought that too when I first read it!

Agree with Del, ditch the old car for sure, and let's face it RC stuff is quite lame, so ditch that too, unless you have a full size RC A380, that would be well cool. Innit.

Oh, and buy bikes with the money saved obviously.

TheFlyingOx

if you want to go fast, get a decent modern sports car, if you want a hobby, err, i guess the triumph may work….

I know I keep going on about them, but £2,500 on an MR2 Turbo and you'll be laughing. 0-60 in 5 seconds (give or take 0.2 seconds) and 30 mpg. That's from a 15+ year old car. Show me a modern car with similar performance, and if it comes in under £40,000 I'll show you a unicorn.

donsimon
    Free Member

sorry, not trying to beat you up, but old cars have none of the performance advantages of modern sports cars, but all of the drawbacks. IMO.

How little you understand. Modern cars have non of the character and what are these drawbacks you speak of? Fun? Tinkering? Individuality? Plastic? Sterility? Youth of today! 🙄

KT1973
    Free Member

MR2 Turbo

Fantastic fun. I had one 12 years ago until I melted it around a tree. If that back end goes, you better have sharp reflexes!

M6TTF
    Free Member

There was good reason they never brought the MR2 turbo into this country – probably that daft exhaust intake scoop most boy racers fit lol. If I had spare cash and time I'd have a classic, a nice late 60's karmann ghia or a Porsche 911/912

Dancake
    Free Member

Forgot the Road registered quad bike. that was a hoot. The Vitesse was ace – and tax exempt – and it was never about going fast. If you don't get it then you dont get it.

Not going riding today. taking wife, dogs and balance bike out for more toddler training

*oh and if you have ever tried to get 4 different tuners working with modded media portal you will know what I mean by Media centres

*nb in the original post I meant to imply I have had all the hobbies in order, not simutaniously. Presently it is bikes

**And a was a little tipsy 🙂

Dancake
    Free Member

Its true though. I am finding every excuse not to ride. Looks like the thrill has gone. currently getting excited about an OIL CHANGE 😯

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

yes this is it, your life is over 😯

btw, each to there own but a quad bike on the road? basically a car that you get cold and wet with 🙄

Dancake
    Free Member

btw, each to there own but a quad bike on the road? basically a car that you get cold and wet with

Completely impractical but interesting. No diff at the back meant it was insane in the wet. Only 250cc too so it cost nothing to get about on.Topped out when modifed to about 60mph. Sounds slow until you get on a twisty cambered lane and then it feels really, really, fast… Not really like a bike, nothing like a car. Ace fun

I replaced it with a Yamaha 660 raptor, which would have been nuts, but it arrived and there was so much wrong with it, I had to get my money back. This was it, and it was on to the next thing….

Whats kiteboarding like?

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

What's kiteboarding like?

too much sh!t to carry… imo

EDIT: and too far to carry it, and too many rules about where and when, and the terrain don't change much, still imo though 😀

tron
    Free Member

It sounds like you have a different idea of what a hobby is to me.

To me, a hobby is a means to an end, and the end is fun. It sounds like you treat your hobbies like an end in themselves – fiddling for hours with a media centre? Making RC models? Fixing an old Triumph? That's just work. The fun comes in the watching, flying and driving.

People in general have fairly little time to themselves these days. Put a value on your free time, and go with the stuff that Just Works. Buy one bike with solid kit on it, get a car / media centre that works straight out of the box. You get more time having fun, and less working.

It's nice to have the odd thing where you can think "I fettled that, and it's as sorted as it can be", but if everything's like that, it becomes a never ending task.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Oh S**t is this it?’ is closed to new replies.