Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Oh dear…….The Dear Leader Kim has kicked it off again
  • maccruiskeen

North Korea’s weapons programme is mostly for internal consumption. They’re not going to launch missiles on either SK, Japan, or the US as to do so would invite immediate destruction.

Well looking at recent history in – say – Iraq…. the fact that you’ll obviously lose seems to be no reason not to spoil for a fight. It seems like a dictatorship thats running out of momentum and doesn’t really have an exit strategy. In an information age its going to only keep getting harder to pull the wool over the population’s eyes so KJU’s career options are a choice between a humiliating climb down and going down fighting – but you can’t go down fighting if there isn’t a fight. This seems to be lining up to be
    a sort of suicide by police.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Also, he’s apparently quite fond of Margaritas.

CountZero

Also, he’s apparently quite fond of Margaritas.

Margaritas what?

dirtyboy

I think it’s time for the makers of south park to knock up Team America 2
    I’m sure Kim would love a bit of banter

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I DON’T HAVE ANY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTR…. oh wait…

kimbers

How insanely stupid is Trump?

After the Americans killed 1/3rd of the n Korean population , dropping more books than either Germany or Japan in the last war the Korean leadership has justified is totalitarian regime by painting them as the great evil that must be stopped at all costs.

http://www.newsweek.com/us-forget-korean-war-led-crisis-north-592630

Trump’s childish boasts are just what Kim wants and he’s been telling his people to expect.

pk13

The German burnt books not dropped um

pk13

Reeeppooosttt

garage-dweller

They did drop a lot of leaflets though. And if we are being pedantic it is the Germans. 😛

Either DT is playing some incredibly clever game that I don’t understand or he is dangerously lacking in a basic understanding of how someone like KJU will capitalise on his actions, the effect on the world of a nuclear strike and the consequences either could bring for so many.

I hope it’s the former…

kimbers

Surry as illiterate as trump there

Dropped more bombs than they did on Germany & Japan, is what I meant to say….

seosamh77
    Free Member

garage-dweller – Member
    They did drop a lot of leaflets though. And if we are being pedantic it is the Germans.

Either DT is playing some incredibly clever game that I don’t understand or he is dangerously lacking in a basic understanding of how someone like KJU will capitalise on his actions, the effect on the world of a nuclear strike and the consequences either could bring for so many.

Or maybe he is actually quite willing to go ahead with the one of the smallest guys in the class.

btw why do people keep talking about a nuclear war with NK as if it’ll be armageddon for the world? It won’t be(there’s been 2121 nuclear tests, we’re still here). It’ll seriously mess up one small part of the world but that’s it, and it’s not even the nukes that’ll cause the worst of the damage.

Hardly like Kim has 50 tsar bombas pointing at every country in the world. Kim could just about do in edinburgh, if he got there.

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html?dll=55.95,-3.2&yd=250&zm=10&op=156

You only really get nuclear annihilation if the russia and america go head to head, not likely(every one else is well behind). you don’t get armageddon in a fight of the US v a pipsqueak like NK.

To be honest, the cynic in me says that all this is just pretext to legitimise the use of nukes. Americas perceived power is waning after a string of calamities this century. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were quite willing to sacrifice nk as a warning to the other nations mentioned today.

seosamh77
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Surry as illiterate as trump there

Dropped more bombs than they did on Germany & Japan, is what I meant to say….

to be fair though it was nk that invaded.

seosamh77
    Free Member

interesting post on the concept of nuclear armageddon.

https://www.quora.com/In-a-total-nuclear-exchange-where-the-entire-worlds-arsenals-are-used-how-long-would-the-nuclear-winter-last-and-would-we-survive/answer/Allen-E-Hall-2

Actually just posting this so I can finish reading it the morra!

pk13

Has trump always been this insane or is it an age thing. Or maybe his speech writer has the same predicted text problems as my phone ..
    Who cleared that UN speech or was it off the cuff?

kimbers

to be fair though it was nk that invaded.

No doubt, in sure they who that bit in the n Korean textbooks tho!

Trump just blowing hard as usual

garage-dweller

To be clear I wasn’t suggesting global Armageddon.

It doesn’t have to reach that level to be undesirable from a humanitarian perspective.

Any use of nukes is going to have a very serious effect on a large number of people. Conventional warfare would be ugly possibly unwinnable and threaten the south and then there is the risk of knock on effects in the region and intervention from China and Russia. The west’s interventions in the middle east were hardly stabilising.

Kryton57

Surely DT standing in the world fell (further) yesterday. Given the chance to address the world leaders, he uses the stages to announce his oitetntial annailation of a country thats arguing with him. Didnt that last happen in 1939 or thereabouts?

His credibility must have plummted, and with it America’s. If anyone wanted to impeach a president based on egotistical manicide perhaps nows the time.

slowoldman

btw why do people keep talking about a nuclear war with NK as if it’ll be armageddon for the world?

That’s not really the point. It’s the impact on South Korea (America’s ally) that gives cause for concern should the “orange one” become trigger happy. He really is clueless when it comes to politics.

That’s not really the point. It’s the impact on South Korea (America’s ally) that gives cause for concern

Not to mention all those ordinary North Koreans who, given the choice, would probably prefer to carry on living.

frankconway

@pk13; speech probably written by stephen miller, sidekick to bannon & gorka which probably says it all.
    I say ‘probably’ because he is trump’s official speechwriter; trump may have added some ‘rhetorical flourishes’.

EDIT: not cannon and forks – it’s bannon & gorka.

Junkyard
    Free Member

why do people keep talking about a nuclear war with NK as if it’ll be armageddon for the world?

I am not sure they do

However its impossible to nuke NK without affecting south Korea and China

Even Bannon accepted there was no military solution- mainly because CHina like a buffer state between it and South Korea/Rampant Western capitalism/shit loads of US soldiers

I think we can all agree it would be bad, very bad. SAD

ITs amusing [ yet scary] seeing trump and dear leader trying to out do each other in the deranged war threatening madman stakes

seosamh77
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    btw why do people keep talking about a nuclear war with NK as if it’ll be armageddon for the world?

That’s not really the point. It’s the impact on South Korea (America’s ally) that gives cause for concern should the “orange one” become trigger happy. He really is clueless when it comes to politics.I’m pretty sure he’s clueless when it comes to yours and my politics. Pretty sure he’s doing fine with his own though. But youse carry on calling him stupid.

I’m also quite aware of the regional effect of a war on NK. tbh I doubt it’d last that long, NK won’t have the backing of china or russia. And as I say, I’m pretty sure trump is willing to sacrifice NK and “suffer” the consequences of the obvious attacks that’ll happen on SK and japan, in pursuit of other goals.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I think we can all agree it would be bad, very bad. SAD

We can, and we do. But in pursuit of geopolitical aims, that’s hardly been a barrier in the past to a bit of wanton destruction.

I’m not championing trumps stance btw, far from it. I just really don’t think NK is his priority here.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    why do people keep talking about a nuclear war with NK as if it’ll be armageddon for the world?

I am not sure they do

I’m sure many do.

kimbers

I’m not championing trumps stance btw, far from it. I just really don’t think NK is his priority here.

Trumps priority is always Trump

seosamh77
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Trumps priority is always Trump

1st prize for stating the blinking obvious goes to… 😉 😆

Murray

Interesting article on how police deal with people with knives.

Summary – taking your time and not escalating to a point where the knife holder is an immediate threat to the police (so ends up being dead) is sometimes a better approach to going in hard.

In this context, perhaps calming down the rhetoric whilst having sufficient force to react to NK if they push the button is the best approach?

slowoldman

I’m pretty sure trump is willing to sacrifice NK and “suffer” the consequences of the obvious attacks that’ll happen on SK and japan, in pursuit of other goals.

Well that will go down well in SK and Japan.

Pieface

If NK do anything, the Kim dynasty will cease to be, even he must realise that. There will be a lot off deaths in Seoul and possibly Japan, however I expect it will be short-lived and Kim knows this.

seosamh77
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Well that will go down well in SK and Japan.

I’m sure it will, but they are subservient to the US. Trump made it clear yesterday he’s more interested in a show of power against Iran and Venezuela, you know the countries with some natural resources.

seosamh77
    Free Member

tbh I think the most interesting thing from his speech was a change in the rules of engagement. (I’ll need to find out what he ment about that)

My instinct is the guy clearly doesn’t care much about “collateral damage”.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All I’m interested in is ..

Are we deader than dead because two stroppy children have gone beserk with some funky Red Buttons, and we’re all living lives as ghosts now ??

crazy-legs

Trump made it clear yesterday he’s more interested in a show of power against Iran and Venezuela, you know the countries with some natural resources.

NK has a huge amount of natural resources
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_in_North_Korea

Tens of billions of dollars of gold alone
    Not sure what dropping an H-bomb on it would do, I can’t imagine pre-molten radioactive gold ore being worth a right lot.

garage-dweller

Are we deader than dead because two stroppy children have gone beserk with some funky Red Buttons, and we’re all living lives as ghosts now ??

No, not yet. At least I don’t think so.

dannyh
    Free Member

The N Korean nukes are quite scary. But the real issue, that no one seems to be mentioning is their Biological weapons capability – the existence of which is likely and the extent is unknown.

It’s all very well tossing a few nukes around, but if the Orange Buffoon prompts them to unleash a global smallpox epidemic then that really is worrying…….

km79
    Free Member

It’s time for an invasion force to be put together to go in and remove this idiot before he does something stupid.

How many countries do we need to take on the US?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Any evidence of Biological Weapons ?

crazy-legs

Any evidence of Biological Weapons ?

There’ll be a dossier. Has to be.
    It probably makes some claims about a timescale, maybe 45 minutes or so until obliteration.

dannyh
    Free Member

N Korea was widely believed to have extensive stocks of biological weapons as far back as the early 80s.

Biological weapons are also much easier to hide than nukes, especially in their manufacture, not so much in their storage.

I personally don’t have any evidence, though, so make of that what you will. Mind you, I’m not an international weapons inspector or observer and, get this, bad guys sometimes hide shit.

In any case, I don’t think any biological capability would be a reason to ‘go in’ anyway as they have probably had the stuff for so long.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear…….The Dear Leader Kim has kicked it off again’ is closed to new replies.