Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Oh dear…….The Dear Leader Kim has kicked it off again
  • somafunk
    chewkw
    Free Member

It misses the target. 😆

Not good enough.

Next time try to hit the target.

Go do it again.

😈

grtdkad
    Free Member

At what stage are the Thaad missiles (Terminal High-Altitude Area Defence) deployed?

Seems like expensive kit just sitting there???

chewkw
    Free Member

grtdkad – Member
    At what stage are the Thaad missiles (Terminal High-Altitude Area Defence) deployed?

Seems like expensive kit just sitting there???

My guess is that the Thaad will only be deployed when the real one is being launched.

Everyone knows those being launched now are not real … 😛

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Man’s a Napoleon complex dingleberry. Needs a curt backhand back under the rock from whence it came.

chewkw
    Free Member

chestercopperpot – Member
    Man’s a Napoleon complex dingleberry. Needs a curt backhand back under the rock from whence it came.

It’s normal so let him be coz people in that region is used to it by now. 😆

CountZero

Typical schoolyard bully, continually poking and provoking others then when they respond starts whining about their provocations and he’s only defending himself against them.
    What a knob.
    Needs to be given a sound thrashing and sent to bed with no pudding.

matt_outandabout

I am still hoping that the US has developed a laser ray of nuke missile frying – a bit like space invaders we can play a giant game of zap the missile.

stewartc
    Free Member

What have they got against the sea, they seem to fire a lot of missiles into it?

tymbian
    Free Member

I don’t be having a lot of faith in those Thaad defends systems if I’m honest.. at What stage doth ‘fire and fury if you do it again’
    become an action?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Too many 80’s films and too much coke and popcorn I reckon..

zokes
    Free Member

The thing with THAAD and Aegis is they are the deterrent against the deterrent. “You can’t harm us because we can shoot down your missile”.

Such a deterrent doesn’t quite work so well if it becomes apparent that actually your THAAD/Aegis doesn’t work so well. Best not to publicly test it until it’s really needed in that case…

FuzzyWuzzy

They just need a mock THAAD launch in response that ‘accidentally’ over-flies several hundred km and lands on one of Kim’s palaces.

jekkyl

You see if you owned a country wouldn’t you just kick back in opulent luxury, maybe go for a bike ride or a nice stroll in the woods, followed by a nice dinner and a beer every day? You wouldn’t go about making nuclear weapons, threatening other nations with war and looking at things with an absurd haircut.

http://kimjongunlookingatthings.com

votchy
    Free Member

Just ignore him, he is obviously an attention whore, if the media didn’t run the stories and the political leaders kept their mouths shut he would eventually give up, the thing you focus on is the thing you get more of – basic parenting skill, dont respond when the kids are playing up, heap praise on them when they do good and the result is they do lots more good than playing up.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Easy to ignore him when you don’t live in Japan/South Korea!

Really can’t think of a way to resolve it now. Hes been ignored too long. Think the dropping thousands of IPhones with free wi-fi was the best idea I’ve heard!

nickc

North Korea’s weapons programme is mostly for internal consumption. They’re not going to launch missiles on either SK, Japan, or the US as to do so would invite immediate destruction.

KJU has bet his grasp of total power on a successfully completion of a nuclear missile system which he can then use as a bargaining chip in talks. He knows that the sanctions regime isn’t being used collaborative by the US and China, and he’s reckoning (probably correctly) that for all the bluster and threats, it’s cheaper, easier, and better for the local powers to do a deal and supply him with what he wants (foreign trade and currency).

Time to get used to a world that has NK as the next nuclear power.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Those missile defence systems are just as controversial or provocative than the missiles themselves. Remember the threats from Russia when the US announced they were developing ‘Star Wars’ system? The whole point of a nuclear weapon stand-off is due to MAD you’ve effectively got a stalemate, so balance is restored and everything plods on as normal. But if one side introduces something that promises to cancel out the others strike capability then the balance is upset and people get all rowdy.

Also they’ve yet to be tested in practice. These ballistic missiles go into low earth orbit….that is high. And they’re flying very fast by the time they get into low earth orbit they’re hooning along at many times the speed of sound. It’s a big ask for another missile to chase one down after a 30 second or minute or so delay between realising they’ve fired the missile and you launching your defence missile. That was the whole point of SR71 – it could outrun ground based SAM’s through a combination of distance (height) and speed, it always stayed ahead of the much faster chasing missile long enough for it to run out of fuel, so i’m not so sure of their effectiveness. They might stand half a chance if everything happened in a text book fashion, and all the flight paths were perfect, no delay to launching the defence missile etc. I think they’re mostly propaganda.

That 747 based airbourne laser thing would stand a better chance if it happened to be airbourne at the right time and in the right position with no clouds in the way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he looks at gaddaffi who abandoned his programme and was then over thrown by the west after he did this. The reality is a nuclear armed NK does not get attacked a non nuclear NK may get attacked. He knows this just as we know this.
    He is a despot and the one thing he wants is power in his own realm. Nukes assure this. Using nukes assures his destruction
    I think there is little to worry about him having nukes personally [ or no more than anyone else having them.

Clearly he and his regime is nothing to admire but his desire to have them is perfectly rational and the ultimate deterrent to his enemies – which iirc is the exact reason we have them as well. Given this I am not sure what moral authority we have to lecture him for doing what we do.

bikebouy
    Free Member

flange
    Free Member

It misses the target.

Not good enough.

Next time try to hit the target.

Go do it again

I know not to feed the troll, but seriously? Are you that much of an arsehole that you think its funny to make light of people being in the way of something like this? Have a word with yourself…

teasel
    Free Member

Typical schoolyard bully, continually poking and provoking others then when they respond starts whining about their provocations and he’s only defending himself against them.

For a sec I thought I was back in the Bangers thread…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I know not to feed the troll, but seriously? Are you that much of an arsehole that you think its funny to make light of people being in the way of something like this? Have a word with yourself…

It’s the British way. We mock and joke about stuff. Surely you know that?

flange
    Free Member

Yeah hilarious, I’m wetting myself. Comedy genius is that…

richwales

It’s the British way. We mock and joke about stuff. Surely you know that?

more like a weird little creep wanting WW3 than humour?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Remember the threats from Russia when the US announced they were developing ‘Star Wars’ system?

A huge success for Reagan’s presidency.

The Soviets were forced to bankrupt themselves trying to develop protective systems against what was basically a couple of fancy-looking videos, a significant factor in the eventual collapse of the unsustainable Communist dictatorship.

One interesting view I heard this morning suggested that the Crazy Fat Kids’ accelerated nuclear arms programme is evidence that sanctions are actually working.

The news that he has ordered his infantry to “steal corn” from any farmer’s field in their vicinity to “maintain body strength” is an indication of just how desperate the internal situation has become. He can’t even take care of his top priority.

It’s desperate, desperate stuff.

These ballistic missiles go into low earth orbit

Just a pedantic point – ballistic missiles can go into space but at sub-orbital speeds. Once the power shuts off they follow a ballistic trajectory and gravity brigs them back down.

But that is stilly bloody fast (and hard to hit).

Murray

to develop protective systems against what was basically a couple of fancy-looking videos

Pretty expensive video at USD 200 billion

DezB
    Free Member

It really is like putting a child in charge of the big red button. The mentality of these World leaders is absolutely unbelievable.

scotroutes

That.

We should just give him a couple of nukes and some old Tridents. There’s less chance of an unfortunate accident that way.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Pretty expensive video at USD 200 billion

Allegedly. Other current figures are available.

At the time of the Soviet collapse, fancy videos was indeed all it consisted of.

Since then, the decision was taken to shift the focus of the programme to take into account the new situation of smaller attacks from less enabled threats and this has indeed proved costly.

If THAAD proves it’s effectiveness (and the current testing stage suggests that it will) then it’s arguably money well spent.

dissonance

There’s less chance of an unfortunate accident that way.

I thought last time the UK tested a Trident it decided it wanted to go to the USA and not the empty patch of sea it was aimed at.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought last time the UK tested a Trident it decided it wanted to go to the USA and not the empty patch of sea it was aimed at.

We used to have an old magellan GPS on the boat that whenever the battery was changed would default to home as their US office.

sobriety
    Free Member

One interesting view I heard this morning suggested that the Crazy Fat Kids’ accelerated nuclear arms programme is evidence that sanctions are actually working.

I was thinking the same, wasn’t the last time they really ramped up the missle tests when the population were starving to death?

johndoh
    Free Member

It really is like putting a child in charge of the big red button. The mentality of these World leaders is absolutely unbelievable.

Precisely that.

Remember the old Frankie video (Two Tribes) of Reagan and Gorbachov in a ring fighting. That’s what they need to do for real with Kim Jong-un & Donald Trump.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I too am a recent finder of this via DJ Food posting about it

This had me laughing a bit too hard

zokes
    Free Member

Yeah hilarious, I’m wetting myself. Comedy genius is that..

Your complete over reaction certainly is

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve just seen a really interesting documentary about Kim Jong Un.

Apparently, he doesn’t have a butt hole.

scotroutes

Are you suggesting he’s full of shit?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear…….The Dear Leader Kim has kicked it off again’ is closed to new replies.