• This topic has 232 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 233 total)
  • oh dear
  • whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Had a hell of a hangover today but god how I feel better now 😆 😆

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I have edited it. It was funny and not all that distasteful.

SST
    Free Member

I've just seen who won the F1 today!
    Thank goodness they don't play cricket!

😯

highclimber
    Free Member

I did giggle, I must admit!

donsimon
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member

Dont want a ban due to people being a little bit uptight so removed a very funny joke – blame don simon.

Dude, that was to help you and not report you, if you can't handle the juice, stay off it.

Funny? you've got a strange sense of humour.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Don Simon – I am not a dude. You want to know a way to avoid reporting people – dont press the button that says report people. May I suggest that you get over yourself.

I have not touched a drop of alcohol today and dont intend to either.

crikey
    Free Member

…think it was a bit of a dodgy comment really, Obi…

trinity1
    Free Member

arghh! what was the joke i missed it

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I suggest that you edit that before I report you. It is after all against the rules.

highclimber
    Free Member

Obi, I'm with you on this – It was controversial, never offensive, always funny!

soops
    Free Member

Fight!!!!!!

SST
    Free Member

Wouldn't "being a prick" be the excuse? Just a thought

😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member

I suggest that you edit that before I report you. It is after all against the rules.

Report me.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

highclimber, obi – what if you were Jewish, would you find it offensive then?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Tell you what – report away.

"last time germany were that efficient, 6 million jews went missing"

Mitch – no I wouldn't find it offensive. The ability to laugh along with people is something that is incredibly important but alas incredibly rare.

crikey
    Free Member

Give over now! It's a Sunday, think about Baby Jesus and calm down…

epicsteve
    Free Member

arghh! what was the joke i missed it

He made a "joke" about the holocaust.

emac65
    Free Member

soops
    Free Member

below the belt obi!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Grow up.

highclimber
    Free Member

if you guys were in a pub and Obi made a joke that you took offence to, would you tell the landlord? no, you would call him a nasty name and move on. we all know that taking the piss out of the germans for their dubious history is fair game. the joke wasn't anti semetic, racist or offensive, just controversial. GET OVER IT!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

How, or why is it below the belt? It was an extremely efficient and clinical performance. IT IS A JOKE AND SHOULD BE TAKEN AS SUCH. I have jewish friends who find it funny – infact it was one of them who gave me that line.

MS
    Free Member

People need to learn to lighten up. What happened 60 odd years ago can not be changed.

People's sense of humour is different but doesnt mean you need to go reporting people when YOU take offense at a joke.

Obi was imo stating a pretty valid point!

If everytime a sad/brutal event was brought up in conversation we would all be up in arms!

Yeah the concentration camps were terrible and will never be forgotten but if people dont move on then everyone will be all up tight for many many years!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"the joke wasn't anti semetic, racist or offensive, just controversial"
    You're gonna have to work harder than that to convince me.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

BM – How about you tell me how it was anti-semetic, racist or offensive?

highclimber
    Free Member

what if you were Jewish, would you find it offensive then?

no, because it wasn't a joke against Judaism. It was a joke on the Germans!

brakes
    Free Member

I blame Obi_Twa for England's defeat
    nuke him from orbit
    and wear his remains as a hat

grumm
    Free Member

Kind of offensive but also kind of amusing imo.

ton

fella's you sad sad feckers………seriously.
    how can a playground game end up in a argument about the holocaust and such??

donsimon
    Free Member

Probably not, but I'd make it quite clear that he wouldn't be welcome though. As it's in print for the world to see, I think notifying the mods would be appropriate. It's too easy to say something offensive and fall back on the "I was only joking" line.

uplink
    Free Member

Oh we're not doing all this denouncing people to the authorities thing again are we?

J'accuse !!!!!!!!!! 😆

I've no idea what Zoo fighter posted but just get over yourself & don't read it if you don't like it

soops
    Free Member

obi – i said below the belt, i didn't say it wasn't funny, in a sort of sick twisted way that is!
    Keep your hair on!

donsimon
    Free Member

I have jewish friends who find it funny – infact it was one of them who gave me that line.

That's a pearl.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Right, I'll explain this slowly shall I? The nazis (rather than simply 'the Germans') killed six million Jews in a systematic effort to wipe them from the face of the earth. They did so indiscriminately, killing children, old people, in an inhuman and brutal manner. Tell you what, explain to me why I should find that amusing?

crikey
    Free Member

Steady on chaps…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I know what the germans did to the jews. Now tell me hoe my joke was racist, anti-semitic or offensive.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

You just dont get it do you?

MS
    Free Member

informing the mods! ha!!!!

May aswell ban 90% of threads on here. just move on if you don't like it. It wasn't pin pointing anyone out, was just a joke about the match.

Maybe should drown your sorrows on something other than STW!!!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

BM – what do i not get? It was a joke. Do you find every joke funny? No dont think so. Move on.

highclimber
    Free Member

no one can tell you what to find amusing. If you don't find it so, then fine. Comedy is about pushing boundaries, testing the waters. there will always be people who don't find certain things funny and will find them offensive. you are one of those people in this instance but it doesn't mean anyone should apologise for you inability to see a particular statement funny!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘oh dear’ is closed to new replies.