• This topic has 232 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 233 total)
  • oh dear
  • TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Just exposed our so called stars as the very very ordinary players that they are
    Worst defeat in Africa since the Zulu Wars

donsimon
    Free Member

I really hope there are no boos from the fans.

piha
    Free Member

Can't take anything away from Germany, well played and deserved the win. We have quite a bit of work to do. No excuses, we were not good enough. England fans have been terrific in their support though.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

well done to Ze german deserved it more then us.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I don't know whether England were so poor that it made Germany look good, or Germany were so good that it made England look poor. However, some of their movement, passing, touches an the way they split the Englands defence was outstanding.

john_drummer
    Free Member

so how many of these "players" will be in the first qualifying squad for Euro 2012?

Probably all of them, as Capello seems to think that these are the best we've got 🙁

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Murray will be british then this week, at least it will be something to put in the sports pages in the sun! You just are a very average team and are not good enough to compete at World Cup level

bigsi
    Free Member

Wooooho, can't wait till 2014 when we can be ripped to pieces on home soil if the FA get thier way 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

Shame it wasn't 5-1. Dear god they were terrible. Never felt as much like they deserved to go out.

You just are a very average team and are not good enough to compete at World Cup level

True but the players are capable of better – not enough to win the thing but better than the pub team performance of today.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Fabio stop moaning about replays and pack your bags son. If I were at the FA I'd want some of his wages back!

Capello things England played well, I'll take 6 million a year to say that

medievalkneival
    Free Member

The players will be cheesed off. Now they can't come back from a successful world cup and demand extortionate pay rises.

Shame they did'nt play with the same pride as the British rugby and cricket teams, or the Germans for that matter.

Would'nt blame the coach though. Question is; as a team, would those 11 players progress in something like the champions league, without the foreign players in our game.

Don't think so.

xcstu
    Free Member

feel sorry for the fans out there having to support that kind of football ;-(

Well played Germany…. but man England made them look good!

SST
    Free Member

England had some bad luck and a bad decision against them, but yes, Germany played the better game. Their Keeper was cracking, our defense was poor. IMO if we'd got past germany today we'd never have got past Argentina next.

grumm
    Free Member

Hahaha – I can't believe Capello is claiming we played well!!!!! 🙄 😆

highclimber
    Free Member

How does a man with a limited grasp of the English Language get across his message to a Group of men who have an equal lack of knowledge of the English language?

john_drummer
    Free Member

bigsi, 2014 is in Brazil; England's bid is for 2018.

On the plus side, if it is awarded to England, it's a good job they won't have to worry about qualifying 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Just before the wc started we were worried sick about anything happening to Rooney – Never showed in any of the games?
    Trouble is all our players were following suit – there just wasn't a LEADER on the field in any of the games.
    The last 15mins today showed just what this England squad were about in this tournament – lazy lazy and lazy.
    Capello was also lazy in his decisions – we should have put 4 up front as soon as we went 3-1 down – why did he take Defoe off? why put useless Heskey on? we could have done with SWP coming on far earlier?
    THE FA SHOULD LOOK VERY CAREFULLY ON AN ENGLISH REPLACEMENT FOR CAPELLO.
    WE SHOULD DUMP ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE PRESENT SQUAD.

sworks120
    Free Member

Nice result 😀
    Alan Hanson for manager since he seems to know how a team should play !

highclimber
    Free Member

WE SHOULD DUMP ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE PRESENT SQUAD.

And who would you replace them with??

donsimon
    Free Member

How does a man with a limited grasp of the English Language get across his message to a Group of men who have an equal lack of knowledge of the English language?

Shouldn't be a problem then.

Thanks to Funkymonkey for getting me fired up for this one. 😆

I feel for Rooney, alot of pressure to perform and F-all service or support.

singletrackmind

Germans

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

And who would you replace them with??

Players who would at least try.

bruneep

fizzer – Member

bruneep I would support your lot if they were in it – IF

Pleased for you, I really couldn't give a chuff. Its the engerland meedja that pisses me off.

highclimber
    Free Member

we all have to remember that most of these players are foes for most of the year insofar they play for opposing teams where each has their own playing style, their own tactics. It must be extremely hard for Capello to bring all these guys in and teach them to work together in a unified manner.

emac65
    Free Member

Rooney was pretty poor from the off(as were most of them)tbh.I don't think he's fit,he doesn't look fit(not that he ever does),but he looked like he was running with lead boots on !

deluded
    Free Member

Quelle surprise.

WTF do you expect from a team that draws 1 – 1 and 0 – 0 against the ‘footballing nations’ that are USA & Algeria!

Don’t let Franks goal distract you … that was a woeful display.

It’s nothing to do with our expectations having an adverse influence on the team and all that shite some people have mentioned on this forum, or that our media are deluding us, which is pompous bollox trotted out by people that know more about bottom brackets than football. The whole setup needs to be looked at and a decision made as to where our priorities lay.

Harry Rednapp for manager.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

we all have to remember that most of these players are foes for most of the year insofar they play for opposing teams where each has their own playing style, their own tactics. It must be extremely hard for Capello to bring all these guys in and teach them to work together in a unified manner.

So the Germans play as a team all year long in the Bunders league (or whatever its called) ?

OUR NATIONAL SQUAD WERE JUST SHIT – NO EXCUSES

emac65
    Free Member

LOL,Is that a joke ?
    It's the same for all the other teams too 🙄

ton

thank **** that pile of shyte are out.

donsimon
    Free Member

That's a joke highclimber, right?

I think it's an all round problem with Rooney, if he's not getting the service why should he make the effort. On the other hand there being no such thing as a bad pass, he should be in the correct position to receive. Give me 6 million a year and I'll have a think about it.

You should try being a Wrexham fan, you'd soon get used to that losing feeling! 😆

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Dont want a ban due to people being a little bit uptight so removed a very funny joke – blame don simon.

jj55

Prima Donna's supported by players from around the world for the rest of the year, when they have to support themselves they have no idea what to do! Walcott was defintely missed!

Starrman28
    Free Member

Found out, some top players and some that realy are secong rate, who do we bring on Emille F*ing Heskey!! 🙁

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I think this is a rare old post – almost all are agreeing 😉

piha
    Free Member

I think that the manager and all the players have to take full responsibility for the way the world cup campaign has gone. Not one member of the whole set up can come away and say they gave 100% or are happy with the way the campaign went. However, fair play to the supporters, loads of them out there,made themselves heard and seen no trouble afaik and they deserved more.

donsimon
    Free Member

Obi_twa you've still got time to edit, and I suggest you do.

emac65
    Free Member

I don't know why Heskey was even there in the first place,he can't even get in the Villa team FFS….

highclimber
    Free Member

I thought what I said was controversial!! jeesh Obi!!

neilb67
    Free Member

I thought Harry was very diplomatic with his interview about the future of England….. Not a good idea to piss your future employers off on national tv… 😀

jj55

x2 don simon

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘oh dear’ is closed to new replies.