Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Offset bushing installation
  • volatilemike
    Free Member

Hi

Got some offset bushings from Burgtec.

Its come with the bushings, a plastic cover type thing and 4 o rings. does anyone know where the o rings go? The plastic cover thing does not fit on my shock (fox float RL)

or will it be ok without the o rings?

stevied
    Free Member

Got a pic of the bits? Normal bush kits have the main mount (with the offset hole in), a DU (plasticy) bush, square profile o-rings and aluminium spacers.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Ah, ive just realised the reason why the du bushes wont fit is because the old ones are still in the shock!

Anyway here is a pic of the items, as im still not sure where the o rings go.

Thanks!

kayak23

Stick an O-ring on the offset wossamajig, put it through your shock bushing (Fit new bushing by pushing out the old with the new), fit the next O-ring, then the aluminium spacer, and that’s it.

stevied
    Free Member

When the new bush is fitted:

Slide one o-ring onto the silver part, up to the shoulder
    slide the silver part (and o-ring) through the bush in shock
    Put other o-ring onto silver piece
    put metal ring (centre piece in your pic) onto the end of the silver piece you’ve just pushed through the shock.

On your kit the ‘axle pin’ and 1 of the ‘spacers’ in my pic are 1 piece.

volatilemike
    Free Member

I cant get the old bushings out at the moment. is it ok I leave the old ones in while I take it for a test ride tonight? then change them over tomorrow or something?

stevied
    Free Member

Depends on how worn the old ones are. Should be fine if there’s no slop or play in them.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Them seem fine. Thanks guys. I have to say visibly I cant tell a difference, and the head angle app on my phone hasn’t changed much, if at all. Guess the proof will be in the riding?

stevied
    Free Member

How much are they off-set? The ones I made for my Intense (2.5mm offset) altered the head angle by about 1.5 degrees..

volatilemike
    Free Member

They are Burgtec Ti ones, not sure but I think 3mm offset? Im not sure though, Supposed to be 1 degree change. Having said that, looking at the shock length its definately shorter so I guess they have worked.

I know the phone apps aren’t exactly reliable?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Offset bushing installation’ is closed to new replies.