Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Officially Old today
  • oldgit
    Free Member

50 today

Ideal day today, off out on the road bike stopping to buy newspaper. Café stop in Wendover Woods for Coffee and Danish and a read. Sit and take in the air before heading off home.
    That's all I want 😛

sockpuppet

so your forum name has been a subterfuge to this point?

you cad!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

They said on Today this morning 60 is the new 40…

oldgit
    Free Member

It only came about because I've always been the oldest in the club, and forever going on about mudguards and frayed cable ends and anything else that sends me all Victor Meldrew.

oldgit
    Free Member

So 50 is the new 30 😕

finbar
    Free Member

Fifty? You were old a looong time ago i'm afraid.

oldgit
    Free Member

sockpuppet are you Daffy Duck?

oldgit
    Free Member

Lets hope it's a game of two halves.

samuri
    Free Member

Café stop in Wendover Woods for Coffee and Danish and a read. Sit and take in the air before heading off home.

"The party Old Git's son had arranged for him didn't go down as well as expected"

oldfart

When i was 50 i celebrated by having 2 weeks riding in the States .Mammoth ,Tahoe,Marin ,San Fran .
    Since then i've been to Morzine and Whistler .Packed in being a postie met a load of n'er do wells from here ,gone riding with 'em been invited to stay at people's houses for weekends .Thanks one and all for hospitality and generosity .This summer i going back to Whistler for 5 months !!!!!
    Not bad in just over 4 years eh ?Old ? Pah !

whytetrash

Ey up old fart must have cleaned out a good few kids birthday cards to fund that lot!

Good effort anyway…inspiring for us younger folks…big 40 in six months!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

50? Nowt but a young 'un.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Puts you in the Super Vets category now – so you can be on the podium at the Gorrick and other race series events!

oldgit
    Free Member

Pot hunting at my age, really Ti29er youshould know better.

However tell me more 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

TBH Samuri I got so fed up with people trying to hijack the day, and all I want is some peace for one day of the year.

knottie8
    Free Member

Im 47 today ! And heading for the hills(on foot)for the afternoon.

Ti29er
    Free Member

What's pot hunting?
    (I'm 46 this summer if it makes you feel any better)

alexpalacefan

Happy Birthday Mate.

APF

oldgit
    Free Member

Well it's not looking for yours kids stash.
    It's when you enter a race that you'll almost win by default either by entering an easier class i.e claiming to be a novice when your not, or racing in the wrong age group.
    I could now enter novice/50+ cyclocross races and do well, but I'd rather get my butt kicked by 18 and 23 year olds.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Many Happy Returns 🙂

Bet you remember these even 😉

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Many hippy returns

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Age is irrelevant. I was 54 last week, fitter than any time in my 40's and my bike skills have improved immeasurably over the last 3 years.

Tiger6791

Well I'm 30 (again, fot the 4th time I think) today also. Lets be honest since 25 it's all a bit shit

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Lets be honest since 25 it's all a bit shit

wrong 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

I do foxyrider, now only if they could make advances in helmet cams

Ti29er
    Free Member

I think I'd quite like to rise to the top of the pile for once!

cinnamon_girl

Happy birthday old git 🙂

Happy birthday too knottie 🙂

Fifty is nothing to be frightened of, just embrace it 8)

Tiger6791

Amor fati

project
    Free Member

Old git congratulations on reaching 50,now when exactly do you start to get the urge to look in the window of Marks and Spencer,and just think that cardigan looks cool,and i wonder if they have slippers in my size.

I t seems to creep up slowly but soon becomes addictive ,like buying over priced food there as well,and trying to persuade everyone round you that it really is better quality.

When you approach 55 you start looking at carved walking sticks ,big boots and coordinated jackets,for you and your other half.

handyman
    Free Member

Once you reach 50 people do eventually stop asking you, what are going you to do with your life and to grow up, being immature keeps me young

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Fifty is nothing to be frightened of, just embrace it

she means she wants a hug 🙂

When you approach 55 you start looking at carved walking sticks

that hasn't happened to me!

Ti29er
    Free Member

Tell Ami or Jon it's your b-day today and that you've forgotten your OAP card and they might still give you the old-person's discount. 😉
    Maybe a fairy cake and a candle even!

failedengineer

I'm approaching 55 (2 weeks) and haven't been looking at walking sticks. However, I do seem more drawn to Rohan clothes ……….

IGMC (Rohan)

Blackhound

Congratulations Carl! I got there last year and did a few days riding in the Peak with a few from here. Other than the dodgy knees the day afater riding not much change. Keep having fun….

Trekster

simonfbarnes – Member

Lets be honest since 25 it's all a bit shit

wrong
    +1

project – Member

Old git congratulations on reaching 50,now when exactly do you start to get the urge to look in the window of Marks and Spencer,and just think that cardigan looks cool,and i wonder if they have slippers in my size.

I t seems to creep up slowly but soon becomes addictive ,like buying over priced food there as well,and trying to persuade everyone round you that it really is better quality.

When you approach 55 you start looking at carved walking sticks ,big boots and coordinated jackets,for you and your other half.
    Taking the urine there project 🙄 👿
    Weird Fish and Fat face for me……….

oldgit, still got a few yrs to catch up on me. You do however sound a lot fitter 🙄

zaskar
    Free Member

50? pah, 90 and you'll be old. :mrgreen:

(ok more recovery time needed after a tough ride but hey you can still fly)

Happy Birthday btw! 😛

antigee

Bet you remember these even

relatively modern?
    got one stashed down the cellar – keep meaning to see if will work for a bit of retroness finery
    old enough to remember programming on punch cards and tape
    – first PC we got was the size of a washibg machine and just fitted in the back of a cortina estate

50.5 and only thing that gets me fed up is offers of free bowling as excersise from the council – bowling my arse

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

bowling my arse

no, you still have to pay for that :o)

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Happy birthday OG enjoy the day. 😀
    I think it's good that your out on the bike on your 50th.People seem to be physicaly active until later in life than previous generations, I'm 49 in July & I sometimes wonder how long I'll be cycling for,I hope to be enjoying it til well after I retire.

zaskar
    Free Member

Bowling LOL!!! I shouldn't laugh as I'll be 50 one day…

LOL@Antigee and tell them where to stick it…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Officially Old today’ is closed to new replies.