Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ODI Ruffians or cheap copies?
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

What would you buy?

I normally buy the cheap copies but am tempted by the ODI ones as they feel much grippier. The £18 price tag is putting me off though.

What do you think?

cabbage84
    Free Member

Buy the real ones you only get what you pay for. love my ruffians and rogues

Lifer
    Free Member

Had ruffians for a while but changed to the Lizard Skins Chargers and love them, find them a bit more grippy

rep341
    Free Member

what about Troy Lee ODIs- just paying for brand or indeed worth the £22!
    Superstar??

MRanger156
    Free Member

I'm tempted by the Troy-lee just to try something different. Hidden ruffian style grips for 2 years now.

Dont like the moto style waffle on the superstar ones.

rep341
    Free Member

I bought the Troy Lee ones for my brother for his birthday- not had a shot of them yet-but I do wish I had kept them for myself 🙂
    I am a Ruffian Guy and have just bought Vanderham signature Ruffian grips and they're ace!
    Better than the Spank ones I had on before that were Ruffian style but shit compound

stevede
    Free Member

The troy lee odi's are very very good grips. Went conservative with the black ones mind!
    Have ruffians on my other bike. I'd say the troy lee's are the best grips i've ever had but the ruffians are up there too. Tried cheaper versions in the past (imperial ones from mtb direct and strange orange ones) but they aren't as good.
    They are expensive but your contact points are worth paying the money for imo.

loddrik
    Free Member

Back in the 80s when ODI were making Mushrooms, loads of people had the copies but the originals were so much nicer, I can still feel them now 🙂

5AM
    Free Member

Ruffians +1

ex-pat
    Free Member

Race Face good'n'evil for me (and XC), put on using hair spray so they slip on easily then stick. Have several pairs in backup in case they stop selling them…

DH steed rig bike, yes, ODIs every time. As much as I have a grip shifter on that bike and they do a nice line in shortened grips.

Northwind

Ruffians aren't that good… ODI Rogues are brilliant though, Lizard Skins Charge and Xtrainer are great too but Ruffians re just ordinary.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Too many to choose from!

jedi

odi mushrooms or rouges. the rest are too skinny for me.

deckingjim
    Free Member

Hi
    Using Superstar grips on my new bike and they are gr8 plus only £5 from ebay -cheers james

JonR
    Free Member

Yeti

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

cheap copies – but that's just 'cos I'm a cheapskate 🙂

Outland Enduros feel fine and stay in place fine. Do seem to be waring a bit quick though but I can't complain at £9 a pair

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ODI Ruffians or cheap copies?’ is closed to new replies.