Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Odd reverb issue, please save my sanity
  • gardron
    Free Member

Odd because I’ve not had this before and google is letting me down on this, so I’m turning to the collective singletrack wisdom….

Went to do a bleed on a 1st gen reverb stealth, did the usual process of: raise front end of bike; raise seatpost to full extension; rotate mount round so screw was at the high point; wind the speed out to slow; bleed screw out of remote and pop a 1/3rd filled syringe in there; same at the post end with 2/3rds full then the in-out/push-pull of bleeding the system and took everything back out. Nothing unusual so far, but when I go to press the remote it is absolutely solid now. Maybe 1mm of movement.

I’ve retried the process a couple of times now and done the remote bleed too, but nothings made a difference and it’s fairly rapidly making me want to throw the damn thing out the window – so has anybody hit this before? How am I screwing this up ?

robhughes
    Free Member

Empty syringe at the post.2/3,s at the remote then bleed.
    Follow this. 😉
    link

gardron
    Free Member

Wouldn’t make any difference as it’s the same logic. And I’ve just tried that and sure enough, it didn’t.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

I would place money on a kink in the hose inside the frame

julzm
    Free Member

This happened to me before and it was indeed a kink in the hose inside the frame. It’s a bugger because the hose now has a permanent slightly bent bit which makes it not quite as smooth as it should be.

gardron
    Free Member

Absolutely bang on, it’s a kink.

Downside is that the bleed hasn’t fixed the slight suspension the post currently is giving me, so it’s a warranty job anyway as the air & oil must be mixing.

Thank you both though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Odd reverb issue, please save my sanity’ is closed to new replies.