• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Oasis…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They weren’t all that bad. Noel was/is a damn good singer.

I may be drunk. A lot.

RustySpanner

Yes they were. 😀

Make me ashamed to be a Mancunian.

Rocking Chair I like, reminds me of my Dad, but the rest?
    They were the Stone Roses for people who didn’t really like music and couldn’t dance.

Cast were about at the time – listen to some of their stuff for well crafted, beautiful guitar music.

I may be drunk. A lot.

Ah, thanks for the edit, that explains it!
    Take two asprin, a copy of Rubber Soul and see me again if you still feel like this when you’re sober. 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Half the world away. 8)

BoardinBob

Music by retards for retards

BoardinBob

And using their unplugged gig as an example of their greatness isn’t a good idea, given that their **** of a lead singer decided just before the gig that he couldn’t be arsed.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Quality band, quality live. **** all the haters!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

they are a band named after a community urinal in the UK’s most average town, Swindon. Pah I’m gonna be bigger than Oasis, the Beatles and <insert chosen deiety> combined

racefaceec90

oasis. smegma of rock and roll.cannot stand them

CaptJon
    Free Member

Top band – soundtrack to my teens.

donsimon
    Free Member

Quality band, quality live. **** all the haters!!

Definitely………. Maybe!

toys19
    Free Member

Oasis? They are just a 60’s pastiche band, total rubbish.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

oasis were good as a sing-a-long pub rock band back in the day. Most of their early stuff was fairly simple chords and often the melodies were familiar, but back in the day it was better than hearing Take That/Boyzone etc. They never really moved on after their initial two albums & stuck to their formula.

Quoasis indeed.

plumber
    Free Member

Not my sort of thing at all

I saw them in Calgary with my brother as he really likes them

If you take the Gallaghers out of it then the remaining band were really very good indeed

Liam was mesmerising as a front man though obviously not a great singer

Noel is a less than stellar guitarist but he writes the song for better or worse

For what its worth I dont own and never will own an oasis album but I really did enjoy the gig

Plum

rootes1

remembers Earls Court 1995, Maine Road 96 and Knebworth 96…

those gigs (especially Earls Court) were awesome..

john_l
    Free Member

Successful bands are always going to polarise opinion.

Noel’s pure genius in mine.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I met them in Heathrow once. I was sat in the T4 lounge and Liam came and sat next to me. Had a nice chat with him and then his brother turned up. They wanted to watch football (I was sat by a telly).

They were thoroughly pleasant young men and were as sober as judges – I was quite disappointed.

Incidently, Noel has the tiniest girl feet I’ve ever seen!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They were rubbish, hence why they weren’t at all successful over the course of 15 years.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

First record was good, everything else was rubbish.

This is similar to the Kings of Leon thread.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

At least you can understand what Liam and Noel are singing. Kings of Leon? Its just some mumbling isn’t it?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Noel – Singing? 😆

Waderider
    Free Member

“They were rubbish, hence why they weren’t at all successful over the course of 15 years. “

I can’t believe that in the era of X Factor people still equate commercial success with talent or quality.

Good at what they do – a strong pub band. I think they are chewing gum for the ears.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

1994 wasn’t the “era of X-Factor”

DezB
    Free Member

Personally thought Supersonic was great when first saw it on The Word. The singing was pretty unique. Saw them live in a little club and the guitar sound blew me away, ringing off the walls. Liam’s onstage attitude was cool in a wannabeJohnny kind of way.
    The albums got gradually worse though.
    Now I find their music extremely dull and uninteresting and Liam’s voice grates. Plenty of stuff around to not be bothered about them and move on.
    Still don’t mind ‘Acquiesce’ if it comes on the iPod.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Oasis…’ is closed to new replies.