Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oakley Lens damage
  • Oggles
    Free Member

I've had these Flak Jackets over a year, was cleaning them today and noticed a pattern around the edges of the lenses. Initially I thought it would just be rubbing from where they sit in the frame, but it extends out further from the frame and also appears on the bottom edge of one lens. They are standard Black Iridium. Excuse the poor macro pics…

^that looks like scratching as would be expected from grit in the frame

^ but this looks like the coating is peeling away

Does anyone know what it is / will it get worse or spread? I know there are some oakley buffs on here 😉 Thanks in advance.

Jezwick
    Free Member

send them back to Oakley and they should replace them for free.

check the website for a returns address, turn around is usually less then 2 weeks !!!

surfer
    Free Member

I had the same problem with a pair of Minutes which I used regularly for running. They got sweaty and even though I rinsed them after every run the lens sort of peeled.
    It was after a couple of summers though.
    A kind Optician in France replaced them free even though they were more than 3 years old at the time.
    As coincidence would have it the frames snapped a couple of weeks ago and I sent them off to get repaired. They called me today to say a new frame would cost £14!!!!
    Bargain!

NZCol

Yeah i have a pair that have done the same – i think getting sweaty does it to them. They are peeling too. Might send them back and see what happens.

molgrips
    Free Member

I want to send my half-jackets back because they're not at all hydrophobic any more after like 8 months or so. D'you reckon I can get them back within a week?

surfer
    Free Member

I want to send my half-jackets back because they're not at all hydrophobic any more after like 8 months or so. D'you reckon I can get them back within a week?

I suspect not. I sent mine about 2 weeks ago and they only called yesterday. I confirmed payment and they said they would arrive with me in between 7-10 working days.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, seems no-one wants to sell replacement half-jacket transition lenses.. Why would that be?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Lens damage’ is closed to new replies.