Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • NZ earthquake
  • piha
    Free Member

Just been reading about the earthquake in Christchurch , I think there is a few posters on here from the area so I hope everyone is safe and well.

NZ seems to be having a lot of bad luck at the moment – stay strong and our thoughts are with you.

Dobbo

I’m sitting here with a cup of tea and the music on starting work, then I look at the pics on the BBC of all those people lives in turmoil and the despair caused. Not nice to see, hope the 65 doesn’t rise, but I suspect it will.

dannyboy
    Free Member

Mrs. DannyBoy is a Kiwi, lots of friends in Christchurch, hoping all ok. Times like this when being on the otherside of the world is just too far away…feeling helpless.

xiphon
    Free Member

My friends house is now a pile of rubble. Fortunately, she’s alright and so is her dog 🙂

theteaboy
    Free Member

Friends in Dunedin ok.

Friends in Northland ok but a little nervous about the approaching cyclone: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/video.cfm?c_id=1&gal_cid=1&gallery_id=116883

noteeth
    Free Member

The house of a close family friend has been completely destroyed. Luckily she and her two young kids are safe, albeit with cuts and bruises.

Her husband is a surgeon – he is now operating around the clock. 🙁

nicolaisam
    Free Member

My mate lives in the North Island but was there last week,stayed about 50m away from the Cathedral. 😯

ratadog

Mrs Ratadog’s brother and elderly aunt in Christchurch plus possibly her dad – still waiting for news as no internet or telephone there at the moment. Not nice.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i lived in christchurch for 6 months back in 2003, terrible seeing the devastation, i knew those streets like the back of my hand.

cannot begin to think what it must be like out there…. 🙁

scruzer
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me how badly Halswell (Larsens Rd) has been hit (Banks Penninsula). I have close family friends there and can not get through by phone. I have spent great times there including an extensive bike tour. This is a tradgedy for such a fantastic country. Thanks for any more news. Meanwhile I will keep checking news sites etc. Ta

NZCol

Halswell – escaped major damage, infrastructure damaged although i think they have power now and various broken sewers etc. Telecomms still v flaky though.

scruzer
    Free Member

Cheers NZCol. I have since spoken to above mentioned and as you say… Just checked lates news and its not getting any better, but it will!!

Norwester

The news is grim, but us Cantabrians will get over this. I’m not moving back to the UK to ride in gloopy mud and stinging nettles anyway!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘NZ earthquake’ is closed to new replies.