Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Ny new Nomad 2011
  • matt23
    Free Member

Well here it is folks…..I can’t stop smiling and I can’t imagine I will for a long time to come. The bike is a dream to ride and floats over anything and pitches in to the corner sweetly.
    Have not had much of a ride yet as only got it friday but it was sweet.

The build is Fox Float 32 150mm, Full X0 groupset, M4 Hope brakes, Hope Pro 2 hubs, DT Swiss XR400 rims, Nobby Nics (2.3 F and 2.1 R), Easton EA70 bar and stem combo, Thomson seatpost and Syncros saddle, Hope headset and XTR Trail pedals.

Quite a few have questionned my logic for 32’s on the bike and that I should be putting 36’s on it but I will have to wait and come back to you.

In the mean time enjoy the pics…..I’m off out in the rain and dark and I can’t bloody wait 😆 8) 😆

slowrider
    Free Member

No pics = FAIL

matt23
    Free Member

Posted it without adding – D’oh!!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Frick me, how long is that tiller.

loddrik
    Free Member

Hey, that’s one of those bike things isn’t it…?

IA

Looks nice, except the saddle’s right forward on the rails, and the stem’s waaaay long. Surely just kills the handling of an otherwise very nice bike!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

stunning but stem looks too long and too little seatpost showing, is that how you ride it?

sold my Mk1 only as the bearings were a hassle to service and if i could have afforded to replace it with a later model i would have. My 2 dream frames at the mo are the carbon nomad or Mojo HD160, in white.

Coyote
    Free Member

It’s your ride but for me, stem looks a little leggy. What length is it?

wwaswas

shorten stem and move seat back a bit

more importantly – your wheel and tyre logo alignment is all over the place too.

slowrider
    Free Member

You will no doubt have lots of people telling you that you should have bought a blur lt for that fork but hey, it’s your bike fella, enjoy!

Garry_Lager

Nice bike bro.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Instead of telling the guy what & not what to do with his own bike can you just not tell the guy it a nice bike …which it is 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

doubledunter – Member
    Instead of telling the guy what & not what to do with his own bike can you just not tell the guy it a nice bike …which it is

You’re new here, aren’t you?

Anyway, bigger pics, please. Can’t see the valves and logos.

Jamesy
    Free Member

nice , like it but have to agree about the stem is it a 120 mm looks really long

mildred

Instead of telling the guy what & not what to do with his own bike can you just not tell the guy it a nice bike …which it is

It’s a nice bike (happy now?)…

… Anyway, that stem is too long and looks stupid 😛

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

look delicious apart from the saddle and stem thing.

dans160
    Free Member

Lovely bike. Not convinced about the 32s and my GT Xiang would like it’s stem back please.

Thankyou!

thats a lovely looking floor! jokes! nah it looks mint, make sure you helitape it that white paint is worth preserving!

without wanting to rake old coals though that stem is pretty long!

have fun!

mboy
    Free Member

VERY odd choice of frame for all your lightweight trailbike kit you’ve put on it. A Nomad needs 36’s/Lyriks, wider rims, a maximum of 2 chainrings, Flat pedals, and a significantly shorter stem on it.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy riding it, but I think you’ve bought the wrong frame (or the wrong kit). A Blur, or pretty much any other lightish 140ish mm travel frame would be much better suited to the build you’ve got there.

devs
    Free Member

What others have said. It looks too steep at the head, it hasn’t got the classic Nomad sheeting dog stance. 32 forks will be too flexy for where the bike can go but whether you put it there is up to you. You’ll have fun on it I’m sure.

druidh
    Free Member

Nomad 2 by matt.davies17, on Flickr

Nice

(but ditch the stem)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ignore everyone, hundreds of jealous **** on this forum,

Bagstard
    Free Member

Stunning bike, but another vote for the shorter stem brigade. Also if you do change it ither a black stem or black bars would look better (too much white for me.) That said, lovely bike, hope you enjoy it.

matt23
    Free Member

Right…..thanks for all the comments.

Stem is way too bloody long but the reason being is that my Haven 70mm stem and bar have not arrived yet and I was too impatient to wait for it’s arrival so bunged on a this combo from a mate.

I agree the white is a lil too much for me to Bagstard…..lucky I have sunglasses to stop the light reflecting off them.

For those who think I have the wrong bike/frame/groupset……entitled to your opinion and I expect it from posting my bike on here but I will happily keep up with you guys on XC race/trail/all mountain (maybe not balls out DH) – I may suffer on the hill going up (fitness) or going down (due to being scared probably) – but I will get there and smile my ass off all day long.

wwaswas – spent ages trying to line the logos and wheels up but it was taking too long….any tips?? 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s the HA? What fork length is rec’d?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Apart from the frame and the brakes, that looks like a very good light weight xc bike.

Enjoy!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nomad carbon – fantastic bike, but have to agree with the others. XC kit on a bike designed for downhill use. Fox 32’s, long stem and narrow tyres on a Nomad? Should have gone for a Blur LTc which is designed around 150mm fork with an axle to crown of 529mm

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Quite a few have questionned my logic for 32’s on the bike and that I should be putting 36’s on it

I must admit that’s puzzled me too. 36 Floats would have been a better choice IMO. Bike building is all about balance: Cheap bike = Cheap kit. Light bike = Light kit. Burly bike = Burly kit etc

2×10 XO I can see, but that wheel/tyre/fork package is too XC for a frame like that. Nomads are chunky, hefty things and I can’t help thinking it’ll be like having a Landrover Defender, putting 18in alloys & low profile tyres on it, then just driving it down the shops….

😕

matt23
    Free Member

My bike is to do everything and anything and IMO this build will do it……it is build for my skills and abilities.

Also I didn’t like the look of the blur frame…..so I went for the Nomad.

Bike building ain’t about balance building my bike is buying the stuff that I want to get the job done…..and IMO this will get the job done.

No leave my skinny 32’s, lanky stem, forward pointing saddle, XC groupset and DH frame alone…..I’m off to look at my mountain bike and go riding in the mountains….up bits, flat bits and down bits 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fair enough, but just so you know… aesthetically you’ve ruined a beautiful frame.

Rorschach
    Free Member

‘I didn’t like the look of the blur frame…..so I went for the Nomad.’
    See…a man of high principles.

matt23
    Free Member

A man of high principles……what you twittering on about sunshine??

Soutehrn Yeti – beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that b*ll*x….so I’m going to carry on admiring my bike…….if you see me on the trail and you have to run and hide from the ‘uglyness’ then it just fre’s up the trial for me 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m saying nowt me, but I don’t fancy being you when the fork compresses on a landing!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha! Fair do’s… you’ll probably just be watching my arse disappear into the distance on my correctly set up HT… 8)

matt23
    Free Member

Correctly set up HT…..difficult to set up a hardtail is it…..mmmmm sag and rebound on the USE suspension seatpost difficult is it?? 😆

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I didn’t like the look of the blur frame…..so I went for the Nomad

OK, so you’ve gone for looks rather than functionality/performance. Fine if that’s what floats your boat, but don’t expect to post a new bike pic on here and not get honest opinion

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was thinking more along the lines of…

Appropriate wheels / stem / forks??

Things that clearly slipped you by! Lollercopters!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I set my hardtail up with fox 32’s, full dura ace groupset, magura rim brakes, 700c aero wheels with tioga dh tires and thomson finishing kit.

It is to do everything and anything

But after going on a few rides to clear my head. IMO it doesnt get any job done at all

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – I find a weekend’s expedition eating raw squirrels sleeping under moss combined with a spot of dry stone walling* much better for clearing the head…

*the stone must be carried a considerable distance.

matt23
    Free Member

Anyone else want to have a go??

Simple fact I like my build I paid for it and I’m going to enjoy every single minute on it…….I’m going to enjoy riding the trails, jumping off things, struggling up a hill, sh1tt1ing myself coming back down and generally enjoy riding the bike.

Quite welcome for you all to carry on giving me your opinions but in my eyes the bike looks the b*ll*x and it will do everything me and my abilitites will ask of it!

See you all on the trails 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Ny new Nomad 2011’ is closed to new replies.