• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Numpty Train Booking Question
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

Can I go to my local train station and book train tickets that don't start or finish from that station?

Thanks in advance.

crikey
    Free Member

What?

Are you mad?

crikey
    Free Member

Yes probably.

KonaTC

you may be better booking and paying for tickets on line and collect them from the station to get the best price

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Trying to buy off trainline for a train on Thursday.
    They want me to pick up from major station (1.5 hour round trip). Hence my question….
    Normally I am mad.

kinda666
    Free Member

Yes you can, little bird has just told me to look at the megatrain website though! ;o)

Lesanita2
    Free Member

just tried magatrain… same price. I believe you can go to teh individual train companies and get a few quid off, if you have the time.

Its just a £30 single I need, so probably not worth it.

Thanks all for your reassurance as ever.

project
    Free Member

30 quid for a single, are you sure its a train ticket youre after.

kinda666
    Free Member

Sometimes you can get cheaper tickets by splitting your journey up, but still travelling on the same train, but you really need to be quite cute when doing this, and they tend not to tell you how when booking the tickets!

cp

It telling you to pick up from a major station as they are the ones with the automated machines you pick up online tickets from… Any station ticket office will sell you any train ticket, so long as it's actually open. You can also get them posted toyou if you don't need it for a day or two. Actually, on second thoughts at the moment!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Numpty Train Booking Question’ is closed to new replies.