Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega – opinions
  • Blower
    Free Member

some pissed up-drugged up welder methinks 🙂

Max
    Free Member

Blower – yes that’s me. ‘the guy from the lakes’, not the ‘pissed up drugged up welder’. Just to clarify

walleater

It looks like CRC should maybe have dragged another name from the past, and not ‘Nukeproof’….

Blower
    Free Member

nay lad the welder on “Crack” at the factory they were made 🙂

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

whats that bit of tyre on the frame all about? (gary_C’s pic)

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I guess to protect the bb housing from rock impacts.
    no idea if its actually very effective tho.

if a rock is big/sharp enough to damage the ally i would have thought it would go through a MTB tyre like its not there

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Mine went the same way, cracked the c/s weld halfway through an uplift day at Cwm Carn. It was one of the first batch of silver ones, and had already survived a week in the Alps and several other gravity fed days out. Just got it back after a relatively quick warranty turnaround from JE James.

I went for a long/large as I’m 5’10/11 and wanted something stable and hooligan. Which it is. Geo is almost identical to a medium Orange Alpine, maybe 1/2 a degree slacker on the same tyres and fork. I had to loctite all the bolts, and I’m not massively impressed with the shock: it clunks into the first part of its travel and I want more damping, although the pro pedal on/off thingy is useful.

It climbs better than my old Norco which it replaced, but the rear doesn’t track as nicely as something with a coil sprung horst link Oddly however, it seems to grip better on the off camber stuff, maybe due to that bolt through.

Bargain for the money really.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

well it looks pretty mean so im gonna copy it 🙂

accu
    Free Member

no mega so far…i´m just waiting until issues are sorted out…

but really can recommend this bit of tyre on the downtube..
    i´m using an old downhill tube and it avoided two times a serious damage…

GaVgAs
    Free Member

my commencals got some serious dents and scratches on the lower down tube,the tyre mod is a great idea but too late for me. 😕

curnsie
    Free Member

Not sure if this has been posted already but Nukeproof are addressing the breaking rear triangle issue at least.

http://www.nukeproof.com/news/338-replacement-mega-chainstay

Thats great customer support.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega – opinions’ is closed to new replies.