• This topic has 101 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by beb.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega – a couple of questions?
  • supercow
    Free Member

I have a Mega on order, however I’m still unsure what size to get.
    I’m 5.9″ and have the Medium on order – but I tend to prefer longish bikes.

Medium sound about OK?

Out of interest, what size is Nigel messing around on in this video?

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 9″ and want to get a medium. I had a medium Nomad and that was great for me similar tope tube length to the Mega..

steve-t
    Free Member

They do look very nice… thinking of running one with 150mm Revelations as an alround bike to replace the old Enduro.

v10
    Free Member

Supercow – Pretty sure that was ‘Regular’.

Initial plan was to have a short and a regular but we added a larger size and went small medium large instead, so effectivly its the same as the production medium. Thats the bike i rode and felt great on (im 5’10) i ordered a medium.

matthias247
    Free Member

I have the same question about the size, and I’m also 5’9″ (or 1,75m, I’m german ;)).
    I think based on the reach the small sounds right, but the toptube sounds better on the medium. Also the wheelbase on the medium is really long for an AM bike. Those 75° seat angles are confusing for size choosing 🙂

Is the Monarch Shock custom valved for the Mega? In the singletrack review the criticised that it’s hard to adjust. Has something changed there for the production model?

tombigmac
    Free Member

I’m looking at one of these frames but am a bit worried about the seat tube length with my long legs. I’m 6’3 and just can’t see how an 18.5″ (Large) frame is going to allow the seat post to be high enough. I’d be running a rockshox reverb seatpost most likely.
    By the looks of the thread it seems there are a couple members attached to the brand so was wondering if you guys could help?!

Kuco

I was looking at one of these yesterday on chainreaction site and thought it be a nice replacement for the Prophet MX I got rid off but does anyone know what they climb like? Also being 5’7″ will the small be about right?

doug_basqueMTB.com

I only had a quick go on Nigel’s and it seemed to pedal very nicely. Both him and Ed commented on how well it climbed. That was a big factor for me in selling me on the frame since I’ll need to climb a fair bit on it. I

Jeffus
    Free Member

Are there any photos of a yellow one ??

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Was nigels Silver one a raw finish or painted silver?

julioflo
    Free Member

I like the sound of these also, but this will sound really petty – I just don’t like the Nukeproof logo? I think it is the font, I just think it looks a bit bargain….

Doug
    Free Member

I’m looking at one of these frames but am a bit worried about the seat tube length with my long legs. I’m 6’3 and just can’t see how an 18.5″ (Large) frame is going to allow the seat post to be high enough.

+1 as I was right on the limit with a 19″ Prophet.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Best bike I rode in 2010.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Reading on the Website it seems the frame only comes with a 1 year warranty, anyone know if this is correct?

If a frame is going to break its going to break within a year, but for a new to the market frame building company it worries me slightly.

Northwind

I’d be well tempted if I didn’t already have a bike to do the job… There seems to be a real buzz about them which probably means about a month after they ship there’ll be loads in the classifieds being sold by people who really shouldn’t have got one but got carried away :mrgreen:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 on the warrenty, on cheep hardtail frames I wouldn’t mind, but shelling out the best part of a grand? Especialy when the big boys like Trek, Marin, etc al. are offering 2/3/4/5year/lifetime warenties.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

was seriously considering one of these once theyd properly hit the market to replace a nomad, but if they do only come with a 1yr warranty then as the dragons say, I’m out. Hardly shows faith in the product.

Wonder if brant is listening, seems a clumsy way to lose custom after all that time spent designing, testing and marketing…

shepleg
    Free Member

Give it a couple of months and they’ll be discounted on CRC 😉

jedi

ed-o, have you ridden a blood or bottlerocket?

brant
    Free Member

Reading on the Website it seems the frame only comes with a 1 year warranty, anyone know if this is correct?

Updating shortly.

brant
    Free Member

ed-o, have you ridden a blood or bottlerocket?

he has.

toons
    Free Member

Can the mega run hammerschmidt?

brant
    Free Member

Can the mega run hammerschmidt?

Chain pull would be wrong.

jambon
    Free Member

Is there a sizing chart anywhere? The CRC page has no details yet.

jambon
    Free Member

Oh – found one, doh!

brant
    Free Member

Two years.

thv3
    Free Member

Hi Brant, any details on the chance to demo one? 🙂

z1ppy

wooden that be down to the dealers… looking locally I have 3 who are listed… two near enuff ontop of each other ❓ … never knew the Midlands was so hilly 😉

carbon337
    Free Member

Link for the dealer page?

z1ppy
    lunge

z1ppy, Race Co and Two Wheels? I may have to go and have a chat with Paul I think.

jedi

ed-o, let me know the differences etc

z1ppy

indeedy, might give it a while yet.. Paul’s probably still annoyed @ me, as bought some-thing from Wiggle with major discount rather than pay full RRP (I did go in to apologise to be fair).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are the sizes fairly on-one esque? I’ve an 18″ 456 but dont fancy the mega’s even steeper seat angle, would I be Ok on a medium with a layback?

Chain pull would be wrong.

Idler pulley bodged onto a chain device of some sort?

duir
    Free Member

Looks great and the angles are spot on on paper but the effective top tube looks way too short on the large. Hard to tell until you ride one.

GW
    Free Member

unless you are a giant you might find you’d have trouble lifting the front if you combined a mega long top tube with an almost DH slack head angle and long fork.
    the front centre and wheel base on the large are plenty long enough. it’s clearly not an XC bike!
    I’m 5’11” and would ride a small (if I liked them)

v10
    Free Member

Please note not all of those dealers listed on the dealer listings will be able to supply you frames. Up until this year NP has been a parts brand so there has been little if any “dealer areas” hence two ‘dealers’ in stourbridge.

Now that we produce frames this will change and any shop commiting to stock Nuke Proof frames will be given an area, shops within that area will still have access to Nuke Proof parts and accessories but not the frames. Ill have a word so that the dealer listing has some way of determining who is going to be carrying frames.

v10
    Free Member

oops double post

Euro
    Free Member

Please also note there is no ‘i’ in Ballyclare (CRCs address) 😉

duir
    Free Member

unless you are a giant you might find you’d have trouble lifting the front if you combined a mega long top tube with an almost DH slack head angle and long fork.
    the front centre and wheel base on the large are plenty long enough. it’s clearly not an XC bike!
    I’m 5’11” and would ride a small (if I liked them)

Good point GW

Not really saying it needs a mega long top tube but that one sounded fairly short for an 18.5. I am 6ft and my Mythic has an 18.5″ seat tube, a 24″ effective top tube, a 66 degree HA and with a 50mm stem this feels perfect for very aggressive riding, particularly downhill. I have had not had any trouble getting the front end up but admittedly it would be easier on a shorter bike. The point I was making is that there are some really progressive, slack frames coming along but I find a lot of them too short when in the standing position and that leads to an unbalanced ride (for me).

However I may just be a weird shape and it’s hard to tell on paper how it will fit so will be interested to try.

Looks like an awesome bike all the same.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega – a couple of questions?’ is closed to new replies.