• This topic has 101 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by beb.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega – a couple of questions?
  • Mugboo

After watching the vids on Great Rocks website i have noticed this frame has transformed Nigel Pages riding so obviously feel it might do the same for mine…;)

What length and stroke is the shock?

What does she weigh?

Anybody ridden one?

z1ppy

From their face book site:

200x57mm shock

223/12/10: Nuke Proof: We’re unable to confirm exact weight until we have production model. As soon as we do we’ll post on the website

Mugboo

Cheers Z1ppy 🙂

nasher
    Free Member

I had a ride on them back in October when they were testing the prototypes with us…

Very nice, short top tubes (compared to my spicy) and lots of fun..

brant
    Free Member

Very nice, short top tubes (compared to my spicy) and lots of fun..

Reach to the bars is very similar, from the BB. Sat further forward – one thing some of our riders found was the Lapierres are all quite long when you’re sat down.

nasher
    Free Member

The spicy is indeed long also my spicy has a layback post and a 65mm stem….

The mega definately felt quicker, it was very responsive… I was also impressed withe RS shock… do they come as standard?

brant
    Free Member

Yes. That Rock Shox is standard.

We’ve just got our preproduction sample. Couple of weight saving changes, interestingly we managed to increase the strength and stiffness of the rear stays and reduce weight 🙂

New frame drops 175g off the one that STW had.

New chainstays are a bit deeper and wider, just to give more rear end stability. Pics when I get the nod.

ash

*pulls up a chair*

doug_basqueMTB.com

I had a wee ride on Nigel’s one and was really impressed. I was only on it briefly but was impressed with how solid it felt without being heavy. Not very scientific but it felt like I could jump on it and ride flat out straight away. I’m hoping to pick one up for next season so you could say I liked it.

jedi

when are they available brant?

Mugboo

So with 175g less weight, what does it weigh now?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    when are they available brant?

[url=http://www.hotlines-uk.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55494]Hotlines[/url] shows end March.

Black, silver and yellow…no raw option?

ash

So with 175g less weight, what does it weigh now?

About 7 pounds including shock.

Mugboo

So about the same as my Hemlock with its coil shock…Oh dear, better hide the credit card!

Jeffus
    Free Member

Will the quality be good ? BB and head tube faced and brake mounts faced, good welds etc….I really would like one, but I’m a bit nervous of spending alot of money if its not going to be good quality,
    I’ve recently bought an mmmBop and its a great ride but the BB and head tube where very poorly finished so had them faced, not a problem on a £150 frame ….I really hope its up there with the quality.

v10
    Free Member

Working on new years day Brant 😉

Jeffus ive had a lot of time prodding round all the NukeProofs and the welds and general finish quality on all the prototypes is very high.

Cant comment on how much facing will be done on the production models but im sure Brant will know.

Ride quality wise i managed to nab on hour or so on one of our prototypes and loved it, has a real hooligan appeal to it on anything interesting but is nicely balanced on flowing singletrack and climbs too. Impressed. 1st Production Medium in Yellow has my name on it anyway 😀

jedi

yellow?????????

black for the win 🙂

Jeffus
    Free Member

v10 Thanks for the feedback, I hope Brant can give us more detail, I also want a medium Yellow, 😀
    I would like to try a few races, as a complete newbie, and it looks like it will be a good forgiving and confidence building ride, 🙂

v10
    Free Member

Well ive just checked all the preorders and yellow is the least popular… so its clearly the best colour 😆

And its £50 cheaper! Ill be honest though i chose it as we had a yellow scalp built up (the one that was stolen in london actually) which was yellow with the matching yellow seatpost and the ISP look kinda did it for me so i want same with my mega!

Jeffus worst case scenario is that if they dont come prefaced you could probably find a shop (and there are plenty signed up as dealers already all over the country) that would be willing to do this included in the price of the frame. The Black and Silver are anodized anyway so it would only ever be an issue on the yellow ones, but im sure brant will confirm shortly anyway.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks again v10, I used to have a yellow SC Heckler had it powder coated at Argos , really nice most people hated it 😀
    I’ll check out my LBS see if they can get me a frame 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Jeffus – Member
    Will the quality be good ? BB and head tube faced and brake mounts faced, good welds etc….I really would like one, but I’m a bit nervous of spending alot of money if its not going to be good quality,
    I’ve recently bought an mmmBop and its a great ride but the BB and head tube where very poorly finished so had them faced, not a problem on a £150 frame ….I really hope its up there with the quality.
    POSTED 12 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Different factory, and let’s just say our QC documentation and standards are constantly being updated.
    We now have TWO fulltime staff in Taiwan keeping a very close eye on all this.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks Brant,that is reassuring, I will contact my LBS see if they can order me one… 😀

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

Different factory, and let’s just say our QC documentation and standards are constantly being updated.
    We now have TWO fulltime staff in Taiwan keeping a very close eye on all this.

Might be easier if you had your frames made in the UK then.

legend
    Free Member

Easier in the UK? Really? Somehow I think the mass-production experts in Taiwan will have a better chance of hitting the qual specs, within budget, than anyone in the UK would

Ewan
    Free Member

UK? The frames I’ve seen/brought from taiwan are much tidier than those from the UK. They are quite a bit better at it than us, or the yanks for that matter.

thv3
    Free Member

Got a serious hankering after a silver mega with CCDB and ti nukeproof spring 🙂

So serious in fact, I’ve already got the CCDB and ti spring 😆

Should be a nice match to my current Fox Van 36 RC2 on the front.

v10
    Free Member

That sounds like a rather tasty setup thv!

I was really impressed with the monarch on the mega, no hint of it feeling out of its depth. Went through the midstroke a wee bit easy for my liking but i like things pretty stiff and there is a slight change on the tune were using on the production shock.

Will still give a coil shock a go in mine to see how it performs though.

Jeffus
    Free Member

v10 , Brant just been to my LBS , they will speak to the Rep next week for me, about a frame, yey…

v10
    Free Member

Jeffus where in the world are you?

jools182
    Free Member

This frame could be the replacement for the patriot
    Really like the look of it
    Hope it rides as good as it looks

Jeffus
    Free Member

v10 I’m in North Wales , UK 😀

v10
    Free Member

That’ll be me there speaking too then! 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mr Marsh…..step away from the credit card…..put it down….now have a nice cuppa instead.Second thoughts,can i have a go?

jam-bo

I thought nigel page was an intense man to the end? Did nuke proof offer him a wage…

matthew_h
    Free Member

All part of the CRC/Hotlines hook up Jam Bo.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Rorschach [Mr Marsh…..step away from the credit card…..put it down….now have a nice cuppa instead.Second thoughts,can i have a go? ]

Trying to guess who this is , but yes of course, you can show me how to use it….you know I’m just a numpty on a bike… 😀

Jeffus
    Free Member

Rorschach Guessed right 😀

Northwind

Another candidate for “stuff that might tempt me off the Hemlock” appears. Looks ace that thing…

v10
    Free Member

Jeffus they just emailed, i thought you wanted a yellow one! 😆

Jeffus
    Free Member

I do I do, which colour will make me ride better, fell off today on the Marin, leg is a bit sore now 😀 pushed a bit too hard , front wheel went soooo fast 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega – a couple of questions?’ is closed to new replies.