Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Now I like cold pizza as much as anyone….
  • slimtubing
    Free Member

But I draw the line at feeding it to my 3 year old for breakfast!
    Have just dropped the slimtubling off at daycare and on the way out passed an 120 kg mother and her tubby toddler stuffing pizza slices into their maws;7.45 in the morninig! No wonder this country has such grim obesity statistics.
    Feel free to flame/troll but me and the kiddy love our morning porridge,we make it together, scoff each others and generally have a messy old time every morning and it fills us up for hours. I can’t see why you should have to buy a kids breakfast from a bakery.

Jamie
    Free Member

slimtubing:

…. on the way out passed an 120 kg mother and her tubby toddler stuffing pizza slices into their maws…..

Didn’t she mind you popping her on the scales you apparently had on you? 😉

Smee
    Free Member
    slimtubing
    Free Member

used the eyechrometer, very accurate, was going to surrepticiously throw my travel size biffatronic sensor plate under her but she was rapid for a fat lass.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I always eat yesterdays leftovers as breakfast, its far better than cereals, never did me any harm and I only started putting on a few pounds when I stopped eating breakfast at all lol.

slimtubing
    Free Member

fair enough coffeeking but do you agree it’s not ideal for a pre schooler who is already obese to have doughy bread and cheese for brekky?

Jamie
    Free Member

It could be worse.….or at least the same.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Smee, good call on the Minchin tune. I love that one!

CountZero

Loved my Ready Brek first thing in the morning. Pizza didn’t even exist when I were a nipper.

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

It could be worse…..or at least the same.

That fat ‘Mum’ should have her kids taken off her, thats a horrendous way to bring up your children. The money she spends on Mc’ds would surely be enough to feed them properly?

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

And in response to the opening thread I think my above comment sums up what I think about feeding children in such an abhorrent manner!

flamejob
    Free Member

used the eyechrometer, very accurate, was going to surrepticiously throw my travel size biffatronic sensor plate under her but she was rapid for a fat lass.

ROFL

Something is deienatly wrong with the upbringing of kids in this country. I was listening to a middle class 5 or 6 year old girl in the street yesterday screaming at her mother. Mother did nothing. Kids running around shops; parents don’t give a damn.

The whole eating thing is just laziness.

uplink
    Free Member

I used to meet some colleagues every morning in a McD car park [Helen st by the M8]
    The queues of mums with kids at the drive through was unbelievable

badblood
    Free Member

Toast, cereal and fruit for our 2 – they are never let loose in shops. IMO things like this are common sense. I instill good manners in my kids – even if they don’t use them on us, they do with other people though.

Parents just seem to be lazy feckers now, christ, they wont even walk a few yards to the school to avoid parking on the NO PARKING sign, they just park right on top of it!

The ones that live within walking distance of the school and are late pretty much every day get my goat – so much for teaching punctuality!

My 7 year old gets really upset if she thinks she is going to be late for something.

jon1973
    Free Member

What type of pizza was it?

slimtubing
    Free Member

the healthy options one from Casa Italiano del porko bambino.
    Double cheese and bloatwurst.

coffeeking
    Free Member

fair enough coffeeking but do you agree it’s not ideal for a pre schooler who is already obese to have doughy bread and cheese for brekky?

I concur.

miketually
    Free Member

That Tim Minchin song is 100% of genius:

“And you, oughta be ashamed
    For you only have yourself to blame
    Your 6 year old miniature Jabba the Hut
    Eating half melted Mars Bars from the folds of his gut
    He’ll be dead of an aneurysm
    Before his own children ism ten
    Perhaps you’ll consider
    A cut-back on Taco Bell then
    Perhaps you’ll consider
    A cut-back on Krispy Kreme doughnuts
    And Popcorn in bucket-sized boxes
    And microwave pizzas or drive through McDonalds
    For weeknightly dinners in front of the TV
    And notes to the phys-ed instructor saying
    Timmy has asthma but he really just gets short of breath
    Cos hes 35 kilos above the ideal weight
    Of 35 kilos for a nine year old boy”

takisawa2

My pair go for toast n’ cereal.
    Eventually.
    Usually have to put a blob of lemon curd or chcolate spread with the toast.

Only Pizza they ever have is the wifes home made stuff.

chomp
    Free Member

Cheerios or wheatabix at 5:30am and then wholemeal toast at abour 8 for mine. This usually gets them through to lunch without too much fuss

miketually
    Free Member

Breakfast is usually cereal (Rice Crispies or Cheerios or both) with honey, sultanas and ‘blue’ milk, followed by a yoghurt. That does them till lunch.

They do eat an amazing amount though; I don’t know where they put it!

coffeeking
    Free Member

If I eat cereal (3-4 weetabix) I’m ravenous by 10:30 and end up having multiple lunches!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Heaven forbid that a parent could fall foul of the superhuman parenting evident on this forum. It shouldn’t be allowed that someone responsible for a child should be running late once in a while. I’m glad the parents on here are such masters of perfection, immune to human laziness at all times and in all matters.

3 year olds in nursery though, well there is a question …

roper
    Free Member

2 words Dis Applin.

If Marlon Bronson downt eet all his saus an egg McMuffin he knows he wont get is fags or can. shhhhhweeeeet.

surfer
    Free Member

Heaven forbid that a parent could fall foul of the superhuman parenting evident on this forum. It shouldn’t be allowed that someone responsible for a child should be running late once in a while. I’m glad the parents on here are such masters of perfection, immune to human laziness at all times and in all matters.

My kids both eat well and I agree with the poster however this is accurate.
    STW sanctimony in action.
    You would be suprised how much sugar is in many of the popular cereals.

badblood
    Free Member

surfer – Member

My kids both eat well and I agree with the poster however this is accurate.
    STW sanctimony in action.

I still wouldn’t give them Pizza FFS! Far too much lazy parenting going on. I am not perfect by any stretch of th imagination but I put the bloody effort in which is more than a lot I see.

surfer
    Free Member

I put the bloody effort in which is more than a lot I see

Problem is you risk jumping to conclusions.

miketually
    Free Member

Maybe the child and parent mentioned by the OP got massive because of something glandular and the pizza was a one-off because they were running late, you mean?

miketually
    Free Member

(I knew this thread would descend into accusations of sanctimony. Druidh will be along to accuse us of neofittism soon 😉 )

surfer
    Free Member

Maybe the child and parent mentioned by the OP got massive because of something glandular and the pizza was a one-off because they were running late, you mean?

Thats another assumption an observer could jump too.

miketually
    Free Member

Cheerios: 21.6g/100g
    Rice Krispies: 10g/100g

Sugar’s not really a big issue for active kids though, dental-issues aside, is it?

miketually
    Free Member

Thats another assumption an observer could jump too.

Being overweight because of glandular or other medical conditions is fairly rare though. Being overweight because of bad diet and lack of exercise is very common.

As Mr Minchin sings:

So you’re telling me that your family
    Has a history of obesity
    You got a polycystic ovary
    You say “its just the way God made me”

It’s unlikely, statistically
    To be a physical thing
    But either way it dont explain why you
    Are in the queue at Burger King

You can blame it on biology
    You can blame your physiology
    You can point to genealogy
    And your social anthropology

You can say you are an ectomorph
    That you just cant get the kilos off
    Well you can be what you wanna be
    But stop feeding your boy KFC

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

miketually – Member

Cheerios: 21.6g/100g
    Rice Krispies: 10g/100g

Sugar’s not really a big issue for active kids though, dental-issues aside, is it?

Check the salt as well – many of them have a lot of salt and yes – refined sugars are implicated in development of diabetes IIRC

surfer
    Free Member

Being overweight because of glandular or other medical conditions is fairly rare though. Being overweight because of bad diet and lack of exercise is very common.

Of course it is however you dont have the evidence to conclude one way or the other given the second hand nature of the brief encounter described by the OP above, do you?
    But wheres the fun in that?

miketually
    Free Member

Of course it is however you dont have the evidence to conclude one way or the other given the second hand nature of the brief encounter described by the OP above, do you?

You’ve got the evidence that they were eating pizza for breakfast…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m guessing surfer loves/eats pizza for brekkie.

miketually
    Free Member

Check the salt as well – many of them have a lot of salt and yes – refined sugars are implicated in development of diabetes IIRC

But if we’re talking about a 5-year-old with abs, who will happily munch on raw mange tout as a snack…

surfer
    Free Member

I’m guessing surfer loves/eats pizza for brekkie.

Its not my breakfast of choice which is usually porridge and bananas, not averse to Pizza but not a huge fan.

All just a bit Daily Mail really isnt it!

surfer
    Free Member

You’ve got the evidence that they were eating pizza for breakfast.

Yes however the OP has confirmed he likes Pizza which really just brings us down to the question.
    Is a food that is acceptable at tea time acceptable also for breakfast?

Not much of a headline really is it?

Unless we can also conclude she is a single parent and lives on benefits?

Moses

So what’s the difference between pizza and cheese & tomato sandwich?
    And if the kid had eaten toasted cheese with tomoato on top, why would that have been wrong?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Now I like cold pizza as much as anyone….’ is closed to new replies.