Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nothing ages you like watching "What A Load Of Buzzcocks"…….
  • somafunk

Christ……nothing ages you like watching “What A Load Of Buzzcocks 1998 rehash” and thinking “i remember that tune, and that one….and that one etc…etc………was it really that long ago when i was a young n’ foolish 26yr old wi nae cares in the world, running a bar, getting girls drunk on “every spirit from the top-shelf cocktail specials”, going to clubs every weekend till 4am followed by house parties till i managed to stagger into work the following afternoon, panicking on a thursday night coz i couldn’t get hold of enough pills or speed for the coming weekend’s nonesense, deciding on having a beach party at the last minute and dragging the decks and PA system from the house and sorting a generator out to find there’s been 300 rabid folk off their chap so to speak waiting for you to turn up after chinese whispers circulated mentioning a beach party, taking a daft notion and driving 350 miles to go to a club for one night as Carl Craig/Ritchie Hawtin/Danny Tenaglia/Paul Oakenfold (delete as required) are playing and the 6 hr roadtrip will be a laugh whatever happens, staying awake for friday/sat/sun night benders till your world collapses round about you and you eventually crumple in a strange house, in a strange town, with strange folk round about you.

My life is too **** predictable these days, i get up, go to work, come home, this has to change. 😐

NZCol

Every now and then i get myself in a sorry state, put on loud music and pretend to be young again. That seems to work.

hora
    Free Member

OP I also watched it. I laughed and enjoyed it. Katie Melulah …noice

Anyhooo stop being a drama queen. Back then it was no money. Drink too much and loose sex with dull personality-girls.

Mucho like today.

bencooper
    Free Member

The only thing worse than growing old is not growing old.

stevestunts
    Free Member

I was thinking along similar lines. Absolutely no scope for spontaneous activity in my life now there is a wife and child to consider, although both were willing additions to my life.

No more armchair raving, pilled up at home with a couple of mates and the stereo on;
    No more cheeky outdoor raves that you heard about five minutes ago, that are taking place on a farm you cycled past earlier in the day;
    No more late night missions to The Orbit in Leeds, because Sven Vath was playing and it was his birthday, and it always goes f’kin nuts on his birthday;

I could go on and on, but the wife will come looking for me if I’m not in bed soon 😉

wordnumb
    Free Member

I get the timewarps more with pubs. Like any responsible member of sobriety I navigate by way of pubs, the essential landmarks for any set of directions. Lately confusion has been aroused often ending in “but it hasn’t been called that for at least a decade. And it’s now a health spa. For depressed kittens. Organic ones.”

somafunk

Ha-ha!…..yeah… it’s “maudlin” o’clock…….rant over, feel much better for venting.

Prob stems fae the fact that a mate a gave me all access tickets for the Stone Roses gig at Glasgow Green last saturday and me being a good brother and all that 😉 , i gave them to wee bro (he’s 33 so that not wee) as it was his birthday on sat and anyway, i’ve seen them loads of times back in the day so to speak.
    My bro came round t’night to tell me all about it as i was watching the buzzcocks show and i was kicking myself for not going as loads of folk i used to know from that “scene” also turned up and were asking for me etc..etc.. so naturally i felt a bit “Mleh”, but i’ve stomped about the house for a bit, played a bit of the Chem Bros and decided ****-it 😆 . We’ve organised a good line up in our dance tent at the Wickerman Festival Bass Camp Em-IT dance tent this year so i’ve decided after speaking wi a mate (meat katie) who’s playing that after his set we’re going on the rampage………yeah!….childish fun will be ours, along with 3 days of suffering and moaning afterwards.

Phew…crisis over……..normal service resumes……

Northwind

Isn’t that about 6 weeks away? Spontaneous as ****!

somafunk

You may have a valid point northwind but considering that i am usually involved in organising transport from the hotels/airports etc for our artists back n’ forward from the site and being the “sensible” one dealing with the festival authorities/artists etc and suchlike i figure that deciding in advance that “****-it” it’s my year to get off my **** unfortunately needs a bit of forward planning. Looking forward to having a drink (or two) wi Bobby Gillespie though 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nothing ages you like watching "What A Load Of Buzzcocks"…….’ is closed to new replies.