Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Not for the faint hearted.
  • Euro
    Free Member

to endanger other road users like that is highly irresponsible.

Yes it is. But he’s giving his full attention to the task at hand, how many of the other road users can claim the same?

boblo
    Free Member

This is daft… Loon on m/c is a good egg because he’s fully ‘on it’ an demonstrating skill whilst riding at 200mph in traffic. Is that it?

I’m no anti m/c. I’m guilty of maxing my bikes but I find it difficult to see how that sort of riding can be seen as anything but antisocial and suicidal.

200kgs of Hayabusa would make quite a dent at 200mph wouldn’t it?

terrahawk
    Free Member

what a **** idiot.

The end.

konabunny
    Free Member

Yeah but I’m sure his insurance is up to date.

tom84
    Free Member

if he passed my mum she would be scared and upset. people like her aren’t doing anything wrong, she isn’t frail, she’s a much more careful driver than I am, but the world can be a scary place, and we are far to quick to excuse violence and gratuitous exhibitions of power in our society, and far to slow to stand up for the meek. more than anti social, i would consider it endangerment of people’s safety, and practically an assault. there is no reason why someone should be subjected to that.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Yes it is. But he’s giving his full attention to the task at hand, how many of the other road users can claim the same?

Please tell me you are not being serious.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

about 300Kg with me on was going to be my original suggestion but hitting a car at that speed would no doubt catapult the pilot to another county 😯

I was knocked off my motorbike in 2006 and I asked for a courtesy bike. They called me up and asked the CC of my bike, 1200 so they said the only 1200 ish bike they had was a hayabusa, fair enough I said!

I had just about got two years under my belt and even if I wanted to buy one the insurance industry wouldn’t quote me due the two years NCD ruling on hyper bikes, but here was the insurance company giving me a 200mph machine FOC as a replacement bike.

Well after about an hour and half of perfecting launching I’d stopped riding all the twisty roads on my torquey V Twin Buell that loved bends and was riding the M’ways and perfecting getting this fast as **** bike up to 100mph in about 5 seconds flat. They go like stink and are very stable to say the least.

Fast forward six weeks and i still had the ‘busa on loan and I’d nipped up to North East for day, on the way back to Wigan i’d noticed the clouds over the lakes looked angry so I stopped at Scotch Corner and put my waterproofs over my leathers. As I got to Tebay on the M6 I had a moment of naughtiness and though “this is going back tomorrow let’s see what it can do :lol:”

Even though I’d been riding only two years I’d ridden daily, done over 40 track days in 12 months and clocked up 50k on four bikes so i was quite a handy advanced rider. My waterproofs were neither advance, handy or intelligently designed.

As I got up to 175 the hood on my smock type jacket unravelled itself and started to act like a wind sock and as such nearly pulled me off the back of the bike. I’d gone from 175mph down to about 100 over all three lanes and was close to taking my legs off on armco barrier on hard shoulder, as the hood inflated it shook my head violently which gave me very blurry vision and I straight-lined a bend at about 150mph.

Shit me right up i tell ya!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Not for the faint hearted.’ is closed to new replies.