Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Northwest of Torridon…
  • opusone
    Free Member

…there’s a place called Inveralligin and Alligin Shuas. There’s a single track road that goes from there over to Upper Diabaig and then to Lower Diabaig. There’s also a footpath marked on the OS map that more closely follows the coast – has anyone ever cycled this and/or walked it? Is there something resembling a path on the ground or is it just a boggy bog?

Thanks

Ambrose

Is that the route to Craig bothy?

opusone
    Free Member

nope further south than that.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I stayed there for a few days a couple of years ago and walked some of the costal path. Can I have s look on the map and give a better idea of the section I walked tomorrow

theblackmount
    Free Member

Its very rough and boggy – even as a walk. Also overgrown with bracken in places so tick hell. Avoid.

The road over to lower diabaig , however, is stupendous – even on an mtb. Nice seafood place there run by a Dutch guy.

tjagain

coastal path would not be any fun on a bike from my memory of walking it.

felltop

The path is pretty steep and scrambly in sections. There’s even a fixed rope just as you leave Diabaig. #climbabike!

opusone
    Free Member

Ah thanks. Might explore on foot in that case or just give it a miss. We shall check out the seafood place, thanks for the tip

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

While your there keep a look out for sea otters, saw a few last time. Also picked fresh muscles from the rocks to eat (cooked).
    Fished off the rocks at high tide for mackerel but only small.
    There were a few places selling eggs from honesty boxes and dig your own tatties. remember plenty of change!

tjagain

If you want to see otters ( and these are otters that hunt in the sea not sea otters for pedantry points) weed covered rocks on the rising tide is the best way. good area for them

opusone
    Free Member

I occasionally see an otter in the sea I can see from my seaside home, but I’ll see what I can see in that bit of sea too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Northwest of Torridon…’ is closed to new replies.