Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Non-stick pans. Any dishwasher safe ones out there?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I need to employ a photographer or something. 🙁

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Why would you put a non-stick pan in a dishwasher?

We’ve got some German pans that look a bit like these –
    http://tiny.cc/hj6ds

have lasted a good few years and show no signs of wearing out. Any Teflon pans I’ve had, even the expensive ‘hard andodised’ ones, have worn out or been damaged pretty quickly

Stoner
    Free Member

Why would you put a non-stick pan in a dishwasher

I draw your attention to the OP where I said I was an idle oaf.

molgrips
    Free Member

Non-stick pans still need washing, don’t they?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mine just gets a quick rinse and a dry with the dishcloth – wouldn’t dream of being an idel oaf and shagging it into the dishwasher. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

*UPDATE*

from the UK Le Creuset helpdesk:

I can see that the problem you have encountered with your pans is a manufacturing fault which is covered by our guarantee…So, if you could confirm your address details for delivery I will order your new Stainless steel pans to be delivered to you as soon as possible.

bish bash bosh.
    top service.
    happy stoner.

GrahamS

Oooh just spotted this thread.

jamie oliver tefal (stainless steel) jobbies.

We have black anodised Jamie/Tefal ones that we got as wedding presents. Five years later with frequent use and dishwashering, and the non-stick coating inside them is still pretty near perfect.

However the cheap gits obviously didn’t use the same coating on the outside of the pans. The black stuff has almost all fallen off leaving bare metal. So they now look like crap, but till function very well.

emsz
    Free Member

Good news stonor, you could always get some good stainless steel pans and learn to cook properly so you don’t need a non stick. Joke 😀

GrahamS

(Welcome back emsz)

Stoner
    Free Member

scrambled eggs are best in a non-stick 😛

where did emsz go?

GrahamS

She supportflounced during sexismgate.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im pleased to see she has shown the same level of commitment to her flounce as unfortunately TJ did. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The highlight of my week was to be meeting binners, hora, nbt and others but this bit of news may have surpassed that. I’m made up for you Stoner. 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive met hora. Its nothing to get excited about. Live in the Le Creuset moment. It wont get any better for you this week.

ourmaninthenorth

scrambled eggs are best in a non-stick

I did think this – hence popping up when the thread started – now I’ve juste decided I’m being lazy and that a few minutes’ scrubbing after cooking is a small price to pay for my scrambled eggs….

…which are magnificent..! 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Theyve gone knackered again. 9 months in.
    Email back to Le creuset.
    deadlydarcy – your enthusiasm appears premature 😉

stumpy01

We’ve got a set of Infinite Circulon pans. I think they were £135 for 3 pans. They are supposedly dishwasher safe, but although they claim they can be put in a dishwasher there is a note that comes with them saying that for best results they should be hand washed….

Hmmm. So, I don’t risk it & hand wash them. The non-stick seems so good, that they only need the briefest of soaks before washing.

For a frying pan, we just went for a cheaper John Lewis pan, as we tend to give them more of a battering. Still only hand wash it though…

Stoner
    Free Member

Le Creuset customer service rools!

I’m sorry to hear, and see, that you have encountered the same problem again with your non-stick pans.

The non-stick peeling from the body of the pan is a manufacturing fault which has affected only a small part of our overall production so it seems you have been most unfortunate to have experienced it more than once – the problem is not specific to a certain size or shape of pan and it is impossible to say which pans would and would not develop the problem though.

In light of this issue we have taken steps with our manufacturer to rectify the problem and have recently launched our new Lifetime Guaranteed Non-Stick on both our Stainless Steel and Toughened Non-Stick pans.

So as I can clearly see the fault with your pans we can order a replacement from our Lifetime Guaranteed stock without you returning the faulty pans to us – we just need your address details and we can order this for you.

superb!
    Happy stoner again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Christ, thank the bejeesus for that. I can go ahead and enjoy my weekend now.

Oh and can you email me some random pics of your shitty pans (oooer, one “t” away from something completely different)? I wouldn’t pay for new ones, but if they’re giving them away that easily, I’ll have some for free.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Non-stick pans. Any dishwasher safe ones out there?’ is closed to new replies.