Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Noel Gallagher
  • jon1973
    Free Member

New Stuff….not at all bad
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwHpLDgWonM[/video]

flockofffish
    Free Member

No sorry he’s a bitter blue

donsimon
    Free Member

‘Tis a good album, got a copy a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying it.

jon1973
    Free Member

‘Tis a good album, got a copy a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying it.

…my finger is resting over the ‘proceed to checkout’ button on Amazon. Only £8.99 so I may just go for it.

Edit…

He’s on Later with Jools Holland now.

deserter
    Free Member

Its one of the better albums I’ve heard lately

djglover
    Free Member

Well past it’s best

warton
    Free Member

love it, can’t get enough of it!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Sadly for Noel, this track would be even better with a certain Liam doing the vocals…

Coyote
    Free Member

Nah, I think that Noel is the better vocalist. Liam sneering nasal style works really well on a lot of their stuff but not this.

trailmonkey

woeful dad rock.

that track up there ^^ sounds like looking out for love by fleetwood mac ffs.

give it up noel – in fact should have given it up in about 1996.

rewski
    Free Member

the unkle remix is ok, the rest doesn’t do it for me, but then again I was never a fan.

was
    Free Member

Listen to it for free on spotify now: spotify:track:2U27Yjlo1Hgbo6nofODGMu

I’m enjoying it.

yunki
    Free Member

give it up noel – in fact should have given it up in about 1996.

agreed.. you out and about today Monkey..?
    I’m taking a noob out for the day.. weather looks promising.. might avoid Smallacombe though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t like it much but I’m not going to try and make those who do, feel bad. Go figure, eh?

trailmonkey

[thread drift]out tom yunki, studying today, my advice is to throw them down smallacombe bildfolded[/thread drift]

not trying to make anyone feel bad dd, just voicing my reasoned and highly unbiased critique.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

[thread drift]how’s the new job going?[/thread drift]

trailmonkey

[even more drfiting]really good ta. saw you were on the jail ale last night, princetown breweries job ain’t it ? how did that work out for you ?[/even more drfiting]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[tectonic-shift of thread drift]
    Superb! Being such a shallow bastard, I only bought it because I thought, for at least once anyway, they deserved my custom for coming up with a name that made me smile. I was buying some ale for a mate that had just operated on our pooch (he’s a real veterinary). But I’ll be defo getting some more. Really nice stuff.
    [/tectonic-shift of thread drift]

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

[thread back on course] I’m with flap-jack on this one. Noel’s vocals are just a bit too sanitised. [/thread back on course]

trailmonkey

[mega tsunami causing seismic thread drift of species extinguishing proportions]try the legend if you can get it – shlurp[/mega tsunami causing seismic thread drift of species extinguishing proportions]

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Noel Gallagher’s music is shite. He seems like an ok fellow. But his music really is appalling. Get your ears syringed if you think he’s good. 😉

emsz
    Free Member

criticizing other people for their music taste is really sad.

the couple of tracks I’ve heard are OK.

trailmonkey

wtf are you wibbling on about ?

no one’s been criticised for their music taste. *edit* ok maybe gg’s comment is a little critical 🙂

expressing your opinion of the music is i assume allowable on a thread about music.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

heard this on 6 music and quite liked the melody, but gallacher seems to struggle to write a full song and throws in dodgy lyrics to fill in the gaps.

Hadge
    Free Member

Had the album as soon as it was released and I really do like it. Noels song writing skills are all still there and his lyrics really do mean something if you listen to them. The track “If I Had A Gun” is superb and his lyrics are outstanding. I think Noels at his best when he’s on his own with a guitar and he’s fantastic to listen to and he knows how to write songs with music to suit his voice. But even me as a great Noel fan, I don’t believe he’s the same without Liam and they really “do need each other” – no pun intended lol. I don’t know whether they will ever get back together and after the latest spat I doubt it very much but it’ll be a crying shame if they don’t. I was at their last ever gig together and Oasis as a band were truly amazing and it’s very sad we may never see them again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

expressing your opinion of the music is i assume allowable on a thread about music.

Go back to your studying and stop being so nasty to people about their tastes in music. 😀

JLS FTW.

stevomcd
    Free Member

his lyrics really do mean something if you listen to them

Come on, really!?

I still giggle at the number of times he used the word “acquiesce” in Oasis songs, despite clearly never knowing what it means. 😆

EDIT: Early Oasis were good though, used to play pretty much nothing else in the band I was in at school.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Noel Gallagher…. is dull.

DezB
    Free Member

criticizing other people for their music taste is really sad.

Not if they ask for it! 🙂

For the record, I have no interesting I hearing Noel Gallagher’s stuff, so no opinion can be expressed.

I would like stevomcd to actually list the number of times “acquiesce” featured in Oasis lyrics…

stevomcd
    Free Member

Ok, 2 that I can remember off the top of my head, including a song title.

Acquiesce and The Masterplan.

emac65
    Free Member

woeful dad rock

Would love to know what “dad rock” is……please explain this to an ageing punk like myself ….?

Oh & as for the track – It’s really not my cup of tea,far too lame & limp.But what a dull world it would be if we all liked the same stuff ‘eh…….

DezB
    Free Member

Hm, the song Acquiesce which doesn’t feature the word “acquiesce” 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow, a song title that doesn’t feature the title in the lyrics. Imagine that.

stevomcd
    Free Member

DezB – which is just as well, as the lyrics have very little to do with the word. What it’s doing in there in “The Masterplan”, I have no idea.

I reckon he just liked the sound of it, which I guess is fair enough! 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Is a song, or a good song, now defined by the significance of the lyrics?

stevomcd
    Free Member

don simon – not at all (IMO). Plenty of good songs with total drivel for lyrics.

donsimon
    Free Member

Phew!
    I thought I’d have to get rid of my Bowie collection.
    And never be able to listen to this again.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzyYYZsxGc[/video]
    😀

neilthewheel

Well, that’s the 1st time I’ve heard that (the Noel, not the Ketchup thing)and I think that’s pretty strong – good driving riff with some interesting dark chord shifts underneath; decent enough singing. Better than 99.5 per cent of the drivel doing the rounds at the mo.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Noel Gallagher’ is closed to new replies.