Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • No win no fee idiots!
  • LMT
    Free Member

Had a minor road accident the other week, another driver drove into me. Low speed, damage to cars only, i walked away and so did she so all good on the injury front.

For the last week ive been hassled on my work phone and own mobile from companies saying they could get me compensation for the accident for the untold stress, and whiplash etc…

I wasn’t injured im fine, so why claim? im not interested, my personal view its happened im fine leave me alone. Currently today ive had 5 calls from different companies i just hang up on them now. Surely if everyone told them to pee off we could get rid of this blame claim culture we seem to have developed!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Tell them to call you on your home number, and then give each of them the number of the other solicitor

highclimber
    Free Member

unfortunately most people aren’t as incorruptible are you appear to be. Hopefully, the whiplash claimants will soon come to an end with new guidelines on diagnosis being mooted.

rwc03
    Free Member

No win, no fee is a good idea on its own, allowing people on an average wage to contest un-justly situations which they otherwsie couldn’t. Unfortunately there’s a large number of people willing to abuse it, and due to this abuse the goverment is looking into banning it. If more people put the phone down we wouldn’t have this problem and have lower insurance. Just because everyone else does, doesn’t make it right.

LMT
    Free Member

TBH all i want is my car fixed back on the road, and job done, no harm no foul as it where.

falkirk-mark

I thought that when some idiot drove into the back of my mrs saxo and it was written off. After the sh1t offer I was given for the car I wish I had claimed for injuries as I felt I was out of pocket through no fault of my own. Though it did annoy me that they were on the phone to me as I was in the recovery truck home.RAC or third party recovery mob must have given the number out very quick.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I had a car accident about 6-7 years back and my partner still gets the odd call every now and again, she tells them to sod off!

Its a shame as it costs us a fortune extra on out car insurance these days but so many people are after easy money!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Tell them you have lost your voice as a result of the stress and ask how much you can get for that. Then tell them the accident made you deaf too.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No win, no fee is a good idea on its own, allowing people on an average wage to contest un-justly situations which they otherwsie couldn’t. Unfortunately there’s a large number of people willing to abuse it, and due to this abuse the goverment is looking into banning it. If more people put the phone down we wouldn’t have this problem and have lower insurance. Just because everyone else does, doesn’t make it right.

I think even the no fee part of it can be false as it is often paid by your home insurance

jon1973
    Free Member

The irony is that your insurance company sells your information to the no-win-no-fee companies and then blames them for your insurance premium going up because of the resulting claims.

highclimber
    Free Member

The irony is that your insurance company sells your information to the no-win-no-fee companies and then blames them for your insurance premium going up because of the resulting claims.

It’s a win-win situation for them!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Jon, you will find that usually the insurer willrefer your details on to a panel of solicitors, if you have legal expense insurance on your motor policy already. Most of the solicitors who sign up people on no win no fee arrangements, sell those people £500 insurance policies, deferred to the end of the claim, to cover for the possibility of not recovering their fees. Although they willonly do so in ooh, 1 in 500 cases. Anjd to add insult to injury, they all get a legally approved 12.5% uplift on fees anyway on every road accident to cover for the ones they lose. No win no fee in car accidents is one big con.

And claiming compensation after an accident is one big con too. The reason they are so desperate to speak to you, is that essentially,the solicitors don’t care if you were not injured. They will send you to their “pet” medical expert, who WILL find you were injured, everytime. The abi reckons 60% of whiplash claims are exaggerated or downright fraudulent, but GPS are up in arms at the accusation that they are dishonest, despite basically finding “everyone” injured.

The doctors are crooks. The solicitors are largely crooks, and the closer you get to the Birkenhead/Liverpool area, the more crooked they are. Oh, and the judges at the courts are as “blind” to fraud, and will always accept the dogiest claimants word, and they are presently awarding huge awards.

Basically, after an accident – its £3k of free money just for a little white lie, supported by all the leeches for their slice of the cash pie, with virtually no risk. Its basically having a lottery win, is a minor RTA these days. Just takes a couple of months to cash in the ticket.

And YOUR ALL PAYING FOR IT!

LMT
    Free Member

£3k you say hhhmmm new bike, where did i put that number lol!

Joking, honestly but i can see why it would appeal to certain people in this world!

trevh
    Free Member

brother in law recently heard from his insurers that an accident he had last year he was at fault low impact shunt behind when he swear brake lighs on other car were not working . told insurers that he thought it was a set up as v old car an non english speaking occupents.
    2 people in front.
    they claimed injury whiplash for 2 adults and 3 children has been told by insurer that claim will be paid as solicitor dont want to take to court even though he has said he will go to court to say there were only 2 people in the car so insurers have to be in on it as well he has been well an truly shafted by all involved.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i can see why it would appeal to certain people in this world!

i’m with you all the way….but… i was hit recently whilst stationary by a bus and the bus company are being so utterly dishonest about the whole thing, basically refusing to admit liability, i’m tempted to call one of the no win numbers. and i really did have two kids in the car… hmmmm, 9k!

project
    Free Member

A customer i had once, his son had been involved in an accident, a no win no fee bloke came out to see him, while he was there he noticed us unloading some tools ready to start work, and asked what we where doing, he pointed out to the home owner he should check very carefully for any damage we may have done, and he would then pursue a claim for repairs and replacement of items damaged, he also kindly pointed out, that the customer may fall over a cable or power tool left on the floor.

Luckily i heard him waited for him to leave and said goodbye to the customer, it ust wasnt worth the hassle, as you could see cash signs in his eyes.

project
    Free Member

Oh and another customer threatened to sue me for getting saw dust on her car, when easing a door outside, she could not understand the concept of moving the car, or just going for a drive and the dust would blow off.

I couldnt move the door far as she lived on a terraced street.

jon1973
    Free Member

Oh and another customer threatened to sue me for getting saw dust on her car, when easing a door outside, she could not understand the concept of moving the car, or just going for a drive and the dust would blow off.

I think we’re pretty screwed as a country if this sort of thing is becoming the norm.

Another couple of years and we’ll be squirting pepper spray in peoples eyes to get the best deals in the ASDA sales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15901426

I may buy a tent on go and live in a field somewhere

cynic-al
    Free Member

Project : did these events occur in your world or the real world?

project
    Free Member

[The real world, thats why most buses and trains are fitted with cctv,where there is strict enforcement of ppe regs on bulding sites and industry, where peeps are out for a quick buck or free holiday from the compo claim, as opposed to real claimants who usually dont claim because they cant be bothered or see it as scroungeing.

Where i live we are not allowed door mats outside each appartment just incase somebody trips over them.

Then there is the question of gritting the comunal paths or not, or clearing the pavement outside your hous or buisness,just incase somebody falls.

and finally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8689539.stm

cynic-al
    Free Member

Keep reading those red tops.

irc

Not no win no fee, but there have been some seriously bad court decisions over the years. No wonder many people are reluctant to lead youth groups.

Read the Gaping Gill case here for example. Father on scout trip lets son enter cave. Boy dies. Father sues scouts (2 years later after other son leaves the troop) and wins.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmselect/cmconst/754/754we26.htm

What happened to personal responsibility.

jon1973
    Free Member

Is the BBC a red top now then?

cynic-al
    Free Member

On the basis ofthat story its going that way

ourmaninthenorth

The doctors are crooks. The solicitors are largely crooks, and the closer you get to the Birkenhead/Liverpool area, the more crooked they are. Oh, and the judges at the courts are as “blind” to fraud, and will always accept the dogiest claimants word, and they are presently awarding huge awards.

Rhymes with bollocks.

closetroadie
    Free Member

I had a similar bump as the OP. I’m still getting them ringing me up and texts along the lines of ‘You could claim £3700 or whatever’ 2yrs later.
    Ridiculous, do they expect me to lie about getting injured?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Someone drove into the back of my car earlier this year. Was on the phone to the insurers and they were asking if I was hurt and if I wanted to speak to solicitors. Told them if i was hurt then it’d probably be better that i spoke to a doctor!

Still get the occasional text and call from solicitors 9 months later. The whole thing stinks. 3k would have been handy as I had to replace a car that was a good one but not worth much in the settlement, but no way I’m going to lie about being injured.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So how they know you is has accident?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Assume that insurers are paid to pass this on.

project
    Free Member

or a lowly paid member of staff in the callcentre gets a handback, for the referal.

hoopdriver
    Free Member

So how they know you is has accident?

An explanation here:

null

A year ago someone ran into the back of my car (a write off, but no injuries) I have one of these crooks ringing me almost every working day.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘No win no fee idiots!’ is closed to new replies.