Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • No pics showing on new forum, why?
  • GrahamS

Shame as Opera is generally lots better.

Apart from it not supporting the Retina display and randomly throwing away posts for no reason. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Working fine on my 3GS 4.1 over wifi.

GrahamS

Are folk still having trouble with this?

If so:

• what browser are you using? (Safari, Opera, other?)
    • have you got Javascript switched off in the browser settings for some reason?
    • wifi, 3G or GPRS/Edge connection?
    • are you definitely giving it a second or when you are over a bit where a picture should be?

khani
    Free Member

Using safari, 3G and wifi, JavaScript on, the pic sometimes (but not always) shows when loading then disappears, phones a new 3GS,
    I’m stumped

Simon

Are folk still having trouble with this? Yes

If so:

• what browser are you using? (Safari, Opera, other?) Opera
    • have you got Javascript switched off in the browser settings for some reason? No idea.
    • wifi, 3G or GPRS/Edge connection? It’s not 3G, might be GPRS. It’s on a Nokia 3720 if that helps, I could seee pics on the old site.
    • are you definitely giving it a second or when you are over a bit where a picture should be? Yes

z1ppy

Issues: yep
    Browser: Safari (iPhone)
    JavaScript on: yes
    Connection: WiFi
    Pausing @ picture: well yes but on the forum unless they post a image link underneath I can’t tell there’s picture to be displayed. On the story pages I get one image then the rest are picture sized grey blanks

CountZero

Hmmm, only just looked at this thread. I’ve noticed the lag before pics display, but I’ve posted a bunch of pics over the last couple of days, four around ten minutes ago on the iPhone calendar/satnav thread and had no issues at all using photobucket. I have issues getting pics from Flickr to show, but they just seem to be really shonky anyway. Or it could be me getting the proceedure wrong. Whatever, it’s working for me. iPhone 4, BTW.
    Here’s one I prepared earlier:

Kate Bush’s house.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Nope, can’t see that on ipod touch Opera mini here. Settings all appear fine.

pedalhead
    Free Member

…same device, can see it just fine on safari

GrahamS

Yeah I’m pretty sure that it won’t work at all on Opera Mini.

That’s because of the way Opera Mini works. It isn’t a real browser. It asks the Opera severs for the page, they get it, render it, then basically take a picture of the entire page and send it to you.

So any web pages that do interactive bits, like requesting photos on the fly or even those post formatting buttons, will not work properly in Opera Mini.

rob2
    Free Member

in general no pics…

Hardware – Ipad
    Browser – safari
    Javascript – yes
    Connection – wifi

Occasionally I see pics so wonder if it is something to do with the format of the original file (same issue happens on my nokia phone) – other than that, great new site

rOcKeTdOg

flickr works fine for me

Kissy’s Legs 9/6/10 by kissy_izuki, on Flickr

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Should be fixed now. “Lazyload” disabled.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Should be fixed now. “Lazyload” disabled.

Nice one, working on Opera mini now.

GrahamS

Shame, I thought that was quite a cool feature. Saved bandwidth and made the pages load faster.

But I guess it’s not much use if it doesn’t work for some folk. Guess you could browser-sniff and enable it selectively? Or maybe make it a profile preference?

khani
    Free Member

Cheers Tom!

freespace
    Free Member

thanks tom

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘No pics showing on new forum, why?’ is closed to new replies.