Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 203 total)
  • No matter how much you love them, what partner's habit makes you scream inside?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

not allowing me to go on a tour bus or guided tour in all my italian holidays 👿 😕 her and my kid gang up on me that I dont need it.. me thinks wtf am I here for looking at old rocks and buldings I have no clue about with teary eye while they are busy taking photos/selfies of buildings/rocks/architecture that they also have no idea about 😡 😡 😡

aracer
    Free Member

Cutting bread. She is incapable* of cutting it in a vertical line, her cut always slopes from right to left top to bottom. I know why she cuts it like this (because she insists on cutting in a line straight in front of her which twists her arm, rather than in line with her arm like anybody sensible – I noticed our 9yo cuts in the correct way so it’s not just me) but despite having pointed out the simple way to cut straight continues to do it wrong. I even bought a bread knife with a bent handle many years ago which should make it obvious whether you’re cutting straight in the hope that would help, but she still cuts crooked with that. Which leads me to think that:
    *I’ve come to think she actually does it deliberately because I once told her she was doing it wrong

busydog
    Free Member

Mrs busydog has never met a light switch she doesn’t want in the “on” position. I leave to walk the dogs in the morning before she gets up and when I come back, lights are on in the bedroom, bathroom, closet, kitchen, living room, garage and laundry room—and it’s broad daylight with lots of large windows.

She also covers every flat surface in the house with pictures, knick-knacks, vases, bowls.

Highly adverse to ever getting rid of anything. We have enough glassware to open a bar. My approach is if we haven’t used something in the past year, it’s time for it to go, which generally meets with stiff resistance.

In her behalf, she does put up with me, so suppose that maybe makes us even.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

God. I’m divorced and two partners on. But some of this stuff…

If you can’t stand it, sort it… Otherwise treasure your differences. Please.

dmorts

Leaving washing up “to soak” for way too long, E.g overnight. Not all of the items, just the main pan/dish/tray used in preparation

Cougar

Cutting bread. She is incapable* of cutting it in a vertical line, her cut always slopes from right to left top to bottom.

Is she left-handed by any chance?

richardkennerley

If you put a hot teabag in the bin, it makes the inside of the bin sweat and you get a pool of condensation in the bottom of the bin. Leave it to cool, pop in bin, bin stays dry, no need to clean the liner as often. Get a tea bag caddy (or a plate to pop it on.)
    I’ve been re-educated…… 😉 she was right!

rosscopeco
    Free Member

This is most enjoyable.

FTR, she puts up with me WAY more….but what really annoys me is…

PHONE: When she calls me…to say ‘Hi’ or to tell me something important or ask my opinion etc etc why does she then HAVE to speak to someone else at the same time?! I’m sure one of our kids is about to murder a sibling but gonnie please just speak to me and no to anyone else hen…

SINK: We have a perfectly good dishwasher (more of that later) so WHY OH WHY do you have to use the sink to wash everything in it then leave it to drip dry in the other sink with ALL the spoons/cups/saucers/bowls THE WRONG WAY UP? Needless to say, 5 hours later they are really easy to dry, especially now that the water is cold and the scum isn’t caked on them.

DISHWASHER: It’s mine, no one is allowed near it. Just leave everything on the island and I’ll put it in….thank you.

TOILET TIME: I like some R&R in there. It’s a place of peace and solace, a place where I can reflect on the good fortune I enjoy with such a perfect family. Why ruin my precious time in there with a sarky comments, tut, huff, roll of the eyes? Of all the things in this life I REALLY looking forward to… It’s going for a bump in peace.

BED: Teeth grinding. She now has a wee rubber mouth guard as her grinding was waking our neighbours up too.

GARAGE: It’s the only place in the house I could call ‘mine’. I don’t often leave my stuff laying around ‘your nice and clean (apart from the sink) kitchen/utility room so WHY LEAVE ALL THE STUFF YOU DONT WANT LAYING AROUND ON TOP OF MY WORKTOPS IN MY GARAGE. Incidentally, yes I know they are all covered in crap but I know EXACTLY where everything is.

Some personal reflections to my fellow sufferers…

1. Buy one of those teapots which uses loose tea leaves…the range of teas is rather interesting and one never has to worry about bin fires again. You can also tell the future if you know what you’re looking for…
    2. Bidets are THE future…no toilet paper required. Plus, you can have lots of fun seeing how near the ceiling you can get the water jet to go without touching it.

As I say, she puts up with MANy more of my traits. She’s near perfect…other than those wee bits and bobs above.

I enjoyed that, thanks

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Leaves toothpaste spit in the sink

Terrible, terrible driver.

Picks her nail varnish off in bed and drops the bits on the floor

Whenever she looses something she “distinctly remembers giving it to [me]”. Yesterday was the bank card which she found in her bag.

I, on the other hand, am perfect.

dave360

Not changing gear. She’ll be driving along at 50mph in 2nd, happily chatting. I don’t hear anything she says because inside my head I’m screaming “FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALLAH AND BUDDHA CHANGE [rude word] GEAR” Once long ago I couldn’t contain myself and I mentioned it. I mean externally, so she could hear it. It was like the planet had stopped revolving; I could hear the collective intake of breath from sparrows on high branches and small dogs in the distance. We only have automatics now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Relaxingly Single now but….

Walking away to the other end of the house while talking and expecting you to either develop super hearing or follow picking up the instructions…
    Complaining that the mumbled noise from the other end of the house that contained what must have been life or death instructions were not acted upon
    Describing every new group of people met as Amazing, wonderful such great lives – you met them for an hour I’m sure they all hate each other really

Doing exactly what they complained other people do that winds them up…

Many many more…

pondo

Here’s another for you – she has a unique ability to phone my mobile when I’m under a car, up a ladder, unblocking a drain, or covered in grot – not really her fault, but when I immediately call her mobile back within a few seconds of her call having climbed out/down/wiped hands etc, I get no answer. It’s like she’s put her phone down and sprinted away from it out of ear shot. So annoying.

This. Can’t always answer the phone at work but still get the odd missed call and no message as to why – just drop me a text or mail, or even a VM so I have a clue, and keep the phone handy for when I call back. Please?

hora
    Free Member

She bins everything and I mean everything them usually denies it calling it my absentmindedness. This week it was the turn of the 6screws for the bathroom door that I was about to re-hang. A ray of light though…she admitted it this time saying ‘she wondered what they were for’.

The other is – I’m watching TV, she’ll sit down for the evening and immediately turn the TV over. Saying that my 5yr old does that too..

weeksy

Well this was a most interesting thread and I’ve now learned that Mrs Weeksy is actually pretty bloody perfect. I could possibly argue one minor point against here.. but it would be being slightly petty.. So I won’t…. Other than that…. you lot seem to have terrible wives/lives.

hora
    Free Member

Tbh for all her minor faults there’s a reason we’ve been together for 2 decades 😯

mattbee

Partly based on reading this thread, last night I broached the subject of perhaps shutting the lid on the toothpaste so it doesn’t end up with a horrible dry lumpy bit at the top.
    Note, I did not mention the fact that she is a top squeezer.
    I don’t know why I bothered as the reaction I got was more in line with that I’d expect if I told her I’d popped round and murdered her parents.
    Her car is like a driveable skip but she moans that I have the odd bot of work or biking kit in the back of my van.
    Moaning that her phone’s 16g of memory is full (she primarily looks at Facebook, takes pictures or plays solitaire).
    Pretty much every app possible is constantly open and her photo reel is thousands and thousands of pics of the dog, or a pretty view or whatever that she never shares, or even looks at again. I got blasted for suggesting that maybe the pic of the dog asleep in the sofa from 3 years ago looks identical to the one she took yesterday…
    I am quite sure that her contribution to this thread would be far far longer than mine though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy will never back down from an argument.

We have many, we clash 50% of the time, I’m getting increasingly more pissed off by her as time rattles on.

There, I’ve said it.

DavidB
    Free Member

She cannot end a txt conversation. I have been sent “Ok” about 100000000000000 times

Does not pair up socks before putting them in drawer

Cannot choose a parking space unless there is only one empty bay

hooli

Leaving washing up “to soak” for way too long, E.g overnight.

Overnight! I wish. We have a pan that she cremated something in on Sunday and it is still soaking. The kids and I have bets on how long it will be there for. Youngest has gone for a few days, middle one says a month, eldest says a week. My money is on it staying there until it either rusts through or the kitchen is replaced around it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

This is like group therapy.

A couple more.
    She’ll call me on my mobile from hers, Im not always able to answer, no message left, yet I’ll call back a couple of minutes later and she wont answer, so I keep trying, never does she answer her frikken phone.

Always says I have the car keys, even when I dont. Was once round mums and she wanted the car key, “I gave it to you earlier” says I, “no you didnt”, *sighs*, “yes I did” etc etc. Almost develops into a full blown row, suggested she check her handbag, “its not in there, I KNOW it isn’t”. I insisted, “oh”………. 😯 ARRRGGHHH.

Never apologises or admits she’s wrong EVER. Not once.

ahwiles
    Free Member

today it’s this following abc combo:

a) complain that there’s not enough fruit and veg in our diets.

b) coincidently forget to eat any of the fruit and veg that i pack into our breakfast/lunch/dinner.

c) complain that there’s not enough fruit and veg in our diets.

burchill
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    Tbh, a teabag on worktop sounds quite accommodating for a wife.

😆

gonzy
    Free Member

got home from work last night and she tells me she’s not happy…the bag with my riding kit is by the kitchen door
    “why is it there?”
    “cos it needs to go in the wash”
    “well why hasnt it gone in?”
    “well i would if i could find a fee moment with the washing machine”
    “what do you mean?”
    “well since i went riding 2 weeks ago you’ve constantly had the machine on…so when am i supposed to put them in?”
    she glares at me…
    “i dont always have the machine on”
    “yes you do…its even on now behind you”
    “its not my stuff in there though”
    “well whos is it?”
    “its all the kids stuff”
    at that precise moment the machine stopped, so i thought just to piss her off i’d open it to see what was in there…
    lo and behold i pull out the following items:
    3 maxi dresses
    4 cardigans
    2 pairs of pyjama bottoms (in pink)
    2 pairs of work trousers
    2 blouses
    1 dress top
    various items of underwear

ALL HERS!!

oh and a pair of jeans and a t shirt belonging to the little one

so the washing was the kids stuff on account of there being 2 items being stuffed in there with all her stuff

i havent seen her wear 2 of the maxi dresses or cardigans for weeks so i asked her
    “when did you wear these to get them dirty”
    “well they were in the wardrobe and i thought i’d give them another wash cos its going to be warm and sunny this weekend and i might want to wear them”

😯 😯 😯

also she’s the only person who can burn food and get it to stick onto a non stick frying pan

its actually quite funny some the mad shit she does!!

but i still love the daft cowbag!! 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

Being unable to park the car in a straight line – drives me NUTS

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife leaves things to ‘soak’. Except what she actually does is take any dirty pan or dish, fill it with water (whether or not it needs soaking) and then leave it somewhere for days. Often in the sink itself, or even more annoying balanced over the sink, rendering the sink unusable until someone braves the primordial soup and cleans it out. Whilst this lot has been fermenting, the gunge underneath it is forming a rival disgustingness.

The reason I don’t always get to it quickly enough, btw, is that I’m often away.

Actually, it’s generally the case that she takes something out of its home, uses it then leaves it where she finished with it. She does lots of crafting and other assorted projects, we have lots of boxes of stuff. The whole spare bedroom (not a small room) is the craft room, and you can barely get into it. There are no spare spaces, because every surface including the floor is covered with boxes and piles of stuff. Then she ends up having to work in the kitchen or on the floor in the hallway. FFS!

Both her parents are exactly the same, mind. They have a big US sized 5 bed house with basement and massive double garage, and only the two of them live in it. The garage, three of the bedrooms (possibly four) are no-go areas because they’re so full of crap, and the basement is so full of stuff it boggles the eyes. It’s like a where’s wally drawing only instead of people it’s stuff – tins of paint, tools, bits of furniture, and general household debris that can’t really be identified from a casual glance because there’s JUST TOO MUCH OF IT.

I’m not a tidy person, I’m a really messy person, but FFS even I have limits.

cudubh

Main one is why does every light in the house need to be on. And while I am it it why does she always turn up late for everything? When we are due to leave the house she always finds something crucial to do at the last minute like organising what we are going to eat for dinner for the next week. Maybe the most annoying one is actually being constantly told I am wrong, nothing specific, just everything I say and do.

LS
    Free Member

Main one is why does every light in the house need to be on. And while I am it it why does she always turn up late for everything? When we are due to leave the house she always finds something crucial to do at the last minute like organising what we are going to eat for dinner for the next week. Maybe the most annoying one is actually being constantly told I am wrong, nothing specific, just everything I say and do.

Are you shacked up with my ex? If she asks you a question, then immediately starts talking over you as you give an answer, then I think you must be 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Is she left-handed by any chance?
    [/quote]

No, just somewhat inept at some things – and incapable* of learning better ways to do things.

Kids sandwiches today – thin at one end, thick at the other (I cut the bread last night, so the bread started off with a vertical side)

*unwilling, especially when I’ve suggested the better way

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

This has been one of the funniest threads I have read on here for a while. Some comedy gold in here. Good work people. 🙂

What is it with women and lights though? My missus also appears to need light on in whatever room she has passed through even if the sun is blazing in through the windows to the point that you can’t even tell the lights are on.

I can also identify with the dishwasher stories. I don’t doubt that I am a bit more generous with the stacking in the dishwasher but she will often complain that there is still more space and just chuck stuff in where there is clearly not gong to get an all round clean. That is relatively rare though as more often than not stuff gets stacked on the side. WTF is wrong with taking the extra 3 seconds to put it straight in the dishwasher??? It takes longer to come along later and put it in, why not do it as part of the same operation as bringing stuff back into the kitchen??

And the other one that seems quite common – using every utensil in the kitchen when cooking or baking and then just leaving them to fester when finished with. “It’s ok, I’ll clean them up later when I’ve finished”? Oh really? I’ve yet to see this phenomenon.

Still, there’s plenty more for her to complain about me though. She has at last persuaded me that it’s not a bad idea to use the air spray when I have finished in the bathroom as, for some reason, I seem to be able to generate some really quite toxic and paint peeling aromas after a pleasing dump. Never used to see the problem in leaving the bathroom door open after finishing and letting the gentle perfume waft around the house.

finbar
    Free Member

Walking away to the other end of the house while talking and expecting you to either develop super hearing or follow picking up the instructions…

I do this all the time. I will try harder to stop.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

The worst one for me is shopping.
    why oh why does she insist on waiting until we are in the queue and next in line to pay before she remembers something she needs and “nips off” to find it. leaving me to pack the bags so extremely slowly it looks as though I’ve lost my carer & knowing full well she will be at least another five minutes until her return.
    and it’s not once or twice, it’s every bloody time!! and it’s not like we haven’t just traipsed up and down every single aisle in the supermarket….AARGGH!!!!!

canopy
    Free Member

– leaving the top off the washing up liquid. but putting the top back on the rinse aid.

– filling the bowl in the sink with water, w. up liquid, adding things to be washed – then leaving it

– moaning about me ‘just’ leaving stuff by the sink to be washed (me claiming i’d frikkin do it if someone hadn’t filled the sink with shit then not washed it)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

My OH has a very odd approach to laundry in that the laundry basket should always be empty. This results of course in all the laundry being on the floor, in piles, outside our bedroom. Next to an empty laundry basket. I even installed a second laundry basket for the pre sorting of colours/whites etc. Nope! still all over the floor, in piles.

She’s an artist and the common theme with them is that they work in a guddle most of the time. Her approach to prepping meals is quite difficult for me as I worked in restaurants and kitchens and the whole clean as you go principle. Yet she has an obsession with multiple chopping boards. On the other hand she’s a very good and enthusiastic cook so I just clean up around her and scoff lovely dinners.

DaRC_L

What is it with women and lights though?

nope – mine is (if anything) the opposite

with the dishwasher stories.

Ahh I put my foot down and banned dishwashers & microwaves from my kitchen.
    🙄 It means I do most it though as chief cook and bottle-washer, on the other hand she won’t leave ‘cos she’d starve 🙂

guddle

like that word 😀 she has friends who are like that

gonzy
    Free Member

we used to have the dishwasher issue, but not any more. a small child who doesnt belong to us broke on of the soap dispenser trays so we dont use it now. all we use it for is to store the spare dinner set

orangeorange
    Free Member

Pretty much all of the above,covering 2 x relationships over approximately 30 years.
    Im happily single now.

johndoh
    Free Member

And another (brought on by the good weather we are suddenly having).

It was a glorious day yesterday, absolutely beautiful.

So I had to ask why she had the tumble drier on. The answer ‘it is just some bits’.

Bits that can bloody dry outdoors FFS!

So, to show my indignation, I put my freshly washed gym stuff on the line outside.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Major one is every light in the house needs to be on.

No prioritisation – seems to do anything and everything but the one thing that would allow us to leave the house on time

Complains that we are always late see ^

Reminds me of my failings at least twice a day, I already know hem and at 51 they are unlikely to change 🙂

Falls asleep on the sofa and shouts if I suggest she maybe should go to bed

rocketman
    Free Member

Brilliant thread.

Wimmin eh

stevehine

@gonzy – you do know that most dishwasher tablets are supposed to go in / on top of the cutlery basket ?

Why anyone would choose to not use a dishwasher is beyond me (assuming it is correctly stacked of course … ;))

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘No matter how much you love them, what partner's habit makes you scream inside?’ is closed to new replies.