Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 203 total)
  • No matter how much you love them, what partner's habit makes you scream inside?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

For me – my wife’s insistence that buying fruit and vegetables is healthy, only for her to ‘forget’ about things she buys constantly and it just gets thrown away.

We constantly throw away (or I invent something to use it up); spinach, courgettes, pineapple, peaches etc…

ARGGHHHH!

DrJ

Snoring
    Picking dead skin on her feet

I’ll stop there.

kimbers

the never ending desire for more babies

Bregante

None. Absolutely nothing at all. She’s perfect in every way.

Even her regular checks on everything I post on the Internet are absolutely fine by me.

jekkyl

Taking out the kitchen sink plughole trap thing because ‘it stops all the bits going down the plughole’ lol

thestabiliser
    Free Member

whenever i’m leaving the house for work, bike or other legitimate purposes, just as I’ve loaded up with stuff and have one foot over the threshold: “can you just do me a small favour*……..”

*No, not that, usually something that requires making me late, shit up, being placed in imminent danger of death or with an additional financial liability.

mrchrispy

Complete and utter inability to stack the dishwasher.
    she will manage to ‘fill’ it with just a couple of plates, 1 cup and a spoon.

RustySpanner

A random selection:

Counting out loud whilst adding up Scrabble scores.
    A deliberate distraction technique.
    Whilst legal, it’s not right.
    See also putting the letter bag slightly out of reach.

Inablility to walk faster than 2 mph in supermarkets.
    We shop separately.

Driving digitally – constantly making small steering and throttle movements.
    Usually, if she’s driving it means I’m drunk, which helps.

Etc……

Xylene
    Free Member

The fact that she seems to crash and bang away at everything she does, whether it is washing the dishes, putting them away, opening or closing doors, cupboards, car doors, stomping around, speaking, moving, breathing.

What ever it is, a small elephant on meth would be quieter at it than her.

pondo

We buy toothpaste with the fat caps so you can stand them on end so the toothpaste is always at the relevant end. Every time – EVERY time – I go to brush my teeth, the tube will be on its side.

Mrs Pondo leaves things on the stairs to be taken up when we go up next, that also means it is there to be fallen over when you come down if you are upstairs when the thing is left.

wrecker
    Free Member

The most haphazard method of organisation known to man. I struggle to believe that she doesn’t do it on purpose (shes dyslexic which I think has something to do with it).
    Bought us a bisley so that we didn’t have drawers full of paperwork. Looked in it the other day and docs are just stuffed in there! Loose receipts everywhere! I cannot find anything in the house if she’s out because items homes change regularly and it’s never logical.
    It’s like living in a stress test and it drive me bonkers.

Notter
    Free Member

Used teabags being left on the worktop after making said cup of tea…..the bin is appx. 1 meter away…..

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My desire to simplify and declutter is at complete odds with my wife’s desire to collect and horde. Sadly it seems these are traits we’ve both inherited so I can’t see it ending well 😆

pictonroad

leaving drawers slightly ajar, usually with something protruding.

makes the inside of my skin itch.

ElShalimo

placing lids on jars and only half tightening them so when I pick up the jar either the lid falls off, the contents seep out, or it drops to the floor.

Stoner
    Free Member

Leaving drawers open
    Dishwasher-stack-itis as well
    Using my boiler room like some sort of sports kit walk-in wardrobe
    Never, ever, servicing any of her 4 bikes so I’m forced to rebuild them each year.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mrs Pondo leaves things on the stairs to be taken up when we go up next, that also means it is there to be fallen over when you come down if you are upstairs when the thing is left.

Yes, this. STAIRS NOT SHELVES!!!

Also she has a reflex that means turning on whichever water consuming household device the instant I get into a nice hot shower.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Everything plugged in and on standby forever, except the radio which is left permanently playing. Presumably to keep the house company while she’s out.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Not knocking before entering the man cave

scaled
    Free Member

She insists that she doesn’t care which way round the bog roll is put on and doesn’t really clock which way round she’s putting it on.

If that were true then it wouldn’t ALWAYS BE THE WRONG WAY ROUND.

and the cleaning, just wait till the kid has stopped throwing food about before cleaning the whole lot up.

stripeysteve
    Free Member

Not screwing the lid back on the marmite jar

oldtalent
    Free Member

She has enough that we now live in our own houses rather than together.

maccruiskeen

None. Absolutely nothing at all. She’s perfect in every way.

Even her regular checks on everything I post on the Internet are absolutely fine by me.

Thats not what you said on that other forum.

willard

There are enough of them that we are getting divorced. The worst is the drinking. That’s not a little thing though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

My Wife sometimes seems unable to accept sacrifice, She wants X, but won’t accept giving up anything to have it, and won’t accept the lessor Y. It doesn’t matter if it’s money, time or energy that’s lacking, she just can’t do it sometimes – the most maddening thing is that with other things she can be so massively determined she makes really tough things like gaining a degree or passing some horribly complex course in work look easy..

Sometimes I worry there’s a deep-seated issue, her Mum died before I met her but, reading between the lines she expected her husband (Wife’s Dad) to provide everything for her, she’s bully and cajole him into providing a big house, fancy cars, holidays etc – until the day when his business collapsed – probably because he sucked too much money out. When we first lived together she’d ask if we could do something or other and I’d always say yes – I’m the type of person who thinks he can do anything if you’re prepared to work for it – but for whatever reason it didn’t happen and there would be hell to pay “but you promised” like we were 10 or something. Now I don’t promise anything, I just say “we’ll try”.

binners

Mrs Binners is the tidiest person in the world. I’m most definitely not. So I can be cooking, stirring something with a wooden spoon, say. I’ll take the spoon out, place it down on a surface, and somehow, within literally microseconds, it will have been washed, dried and put away in the drawer, and I’ll have to go and get it out again. Then this exercise will be repeated throughout the time taken to cook the meal.

The thing is, I won’t even have noticed her enter the kitchen. I suspect its witchcraft of some sort, and that she’s either a shapeshifter, or has the abiity to freeze time itself

legolam
    Free Member

What is it with men and stacking dishwashers? Every man is convinved that their way is the best and only way to do it.

My husband and my father were locked in a passive-aggressive dish-stacking war the last time my dad stayed with us. I kept catching one of them re-stacking the dishwasher after the other one “done it wrong”. Eventually, my mum and I just threw everything in and turned it on. Dishes were cleaned.

Things I may eventually kill my husband for (other than an unhealthy obsession with the dishwasher):
    Being loud when he gets up before me in the morning
    Leaving things on stairs to be taken up
    Used teabags on the kitchen worksurface
    Moaning about my muddy MTB kit in the utility room (that’s what it’s for!!)
    Losing something, asking me where it is, then saying it’s not there so that I have to come and find it – WHERE I SAID IT WOULD BE
    Asking me a question, then not listening to the answer so that he has to ask it again
    Eating with his mouth open
    Leaving the lights/TV on when he goes out

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh worse than that – doors, bloody doors, she cannot close one, ever.

Say we’re out in the car and she wants to go to the cash-point or something, middle of winter – leaves the door open, not only making me cold, but pretty much immobilising my car or she has to get something from her car, front door open, wtf? Just close the bloody thing.

Notter
    Free Member

ElShalimo – Member

placing lids on jars and only half tightening them so when I pick up the jar either the lid falls off, the contents seep out, or it drops to the floor.

Yep, this too, but I know to expect this now and will religiously check jars before picking them up.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Feeding the cooker.

One for you, one for me, one spilled on the gas hob.

bencooper
    Free Member

Used teabags being left on the worktop after making said cup of tea…..the bin is appx. 1 meter away…..

OH’s family do this. We stayed in a holiday cottage where I watched her father walk across the kitchen, get a saucer, walk back, put the saucer on the counter, then put the teabag on it. The bin was right next to the counter.

I did ask, once, and was told it was because otherwise the tea bags were too hot to go straight in the bin. I’m amazed I haven’t caused a bin fire yet.

gonzy
    Free Member

also buys certain foods on a whim then decides not to eat/use it and then forgets we had it…so it ends up in the bin
    after a shower she leaves the plug hole strainer full of her hair. sometimes she will fish the hair out but then leaves it on the side of the bath…the bin is right next to the bath!!
    when doing the dishes…she will squirt the washing up liquid on the sponge then run it under the tap effectively washing the liquid off the sponge
    she constantly steals the duvet and hogs the bed
    she also leaves lids not screwed on properly
    she always overfills the washing machine…theres always stuff in there that i’ve not even seen her wear but somehow its dirty…i think she does this to piss me off

i still love her though 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

She’s a diabetic with a family history of strokes, cancer and high blood pressure.

So she eats chocolate biscuits for breakfast and smokes.

I did a bit of googling, and her life insurance for the mortgage is costing £75/month (what we are paying versus 2x of me)!

That and why the **** are cigarette buts not litter? The driveway and patio are littered with them.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Going out with strange old men (that I don’t trust) to the cinema as she’s feeling sorry for the widow down the road.

Then gets jealous if the post woman says good morning to me but she never rings twice.

Cougar

We buy toothpaste with the fat caps so you can stand them on end so the toothpaste is always at the relevant end. Every time – EVERY time – I go to brush my teeth, the tube will be on its side.

I love my missus dearly, but she’s a middle-squeezer of tubes. ARGHWTFISWRONGWITHYOUZOMGELEVENTYONE!!! For this reason, I always buy toothpaste in those pump dispenser things. Problem solved. You’re welcome.

We’re both guilty of doing that, and then ignoring it for the next month.

What is it with men and stacking dishwashers? Every man is convinved that their way is the best and only way to do it.

For me at least, it’s not so much that it has to be stacked “my way” so much as “at all.” There’s a few dozy mouth-breathers at work who insists on sticking their bowls and plates flat on top of the drawer / racking. Seriously, what do you think those little prong things are for? Argh.

mrhoppy

Her inability to remember her passwords, and then blaming whichever website she’s trying to log into.

Not taking in the bins despite not working on the day they’re collected (I came back one day and they were in I assumed she was having an affair).

Ignoring things (I have no problem with that) then suddenly deciding that it needs doing NOW and getting huffy that I’m doing something else and don’t want to drop everything at that instant. See also suddenly deciding that DIY needs doing and expecting it done now despite not giving me anytime to work out what needs doing/what I need and often on a Sunday to only leave one day to get done.

🙄

wilburt
    Free Member

Applying nail polish then picking it off.
    Pressing the clutch to brake.
    Smoking
    Only filling my morning cuppa half full

Northwind

pondo – Member

Stairs are too wide, there’s loads of unused space there. If it was up to me, our stairs would probably be half bookshelf

stilltortoise
    Free Member

What is it with men and stacking dishwashers?

Whilst my wife is a superstar when it comes to the boring housework, washing up usually falls to me. Anything that doesn’t fit in the dishwasher ends up being washed up by hand, ergo the importance of ME being satisfied that the dishwasher is optimally loaded.

scaredypants

howsyourdad1 – Member
    Not knocking before entering the man cave masturbatorium

😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘No matter how much you love them, what partner's habit makes you scream inside?’ is closed to new replies.