Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • No Fuss Macvalanche how's coming?
  • AntM
    Free Member

I’m in! Hmmmm.. need some practice I reckon…

AntM
    Free Member

I mean who… too pished..

andrewh
    Free Member

How? Got to be by car I’m afraid, riding up would take too long.

[EDIT] Oh, not a tranport q.

devs
    Free Member

How much is the final price then?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

AWW YEAH. I’m in. I’m going to get absolutely annihilated, I fear. Should be good though…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If How’s coming, I’m out.

AntM
    Free Member

£112 😯 but i suppose a helicopter is not cheap…

Northwind

I bottled it 😆 Probably for the best really.

GavinB

I’m in!

I’d almost forgotten that I’d entered as a few of us stuck our names down last May at the Glencoe SDA.

Anyone care to start a ‘What tyres…?’ thread? 😉

thegman67

I wants to enter it but was told by nofuss that it is invite only

Brycey
    Free Member

Managed to get registered, but no cigar at yesterday’s draw. Gutted, defo go and watch though.

Good work Gavin.

acehtn
    Free Member

Hello, new here 🙂

I have been picked as well. Debating if a Pug would be a good choice, would work on the snow, not so sure on the lower slopes/track.

Never been up to Glen Coe or ridden downmountain in the stuff, so i have no concept of what awaits us, apart from being very cold.

balfa
    Free Member

I have been picked as well. Debating if a Pug would be a good choice, would work on the snow, not so sure on the lower slopes/track.

If you add glencoe mountain on Facebook you can see some photos of some of the route in their biking gallery. The route will head down the main basin which for the most part will still be covered in snow. I’m hoping they’ll be enough snow to run it through the haggistrap as that’d be awesome! Not sure which way they’ll head down to the plateau from there though. Once on the plateau it’ll still be downhill to the top of the chair which will be either a flatter rocky double track or boggy mess with a little more gradient. After the plateau its on the the top of the downhill track very briefly before heading on to the Weasel track which is basically a old grassy boggy track. Not sure if they are planning on doing some work to this section beforehand as if its wet it’ll be interesting. Not sure the pug is the right bike but then I’ve never ridden one.

acehtn
    Free Member

Thanks balfa, will go have a look at there FB page 🙂

Did have a look at an OS map yesterday as basic research.
    Guessed on snow/slush/mud/melt water then mud and big rocks, saw the photos of the DH race mudfest up there.

Going for the fun, as i have never ridden there and my only run will be the race, doing blind runs is never good, although i belive we can walk the lower part of the track in the morning but not ride it.

So i reckon gear up for a mud fest then, let the locals go off first then thread my way through the carnage that follows and maybe not come last.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘No Fuss Macvalanche how's coming?’ is closed to new replies.